Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 08:55 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Well done, obvious a few here didn't hear it, but hopefully those in the room, did. HC, "fix what's wrong, and move on", that's a good line.
The little boy that did the rebutal didn't listen either, maybe if he had he wouldn't have looked so foolish with his rebutal speech, that's what ya get when you send a rookie in to replace a experienced player.
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 08:55 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Wow what? You have some words to use or am I supposed to interpret the smiley faces?
No, I'm actually speechless that someone cannot understand basic American English.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:56 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
High speed rail......you know, a way to travel quickly WITHOUT having to drive your car or fly. Too bad Florida lost all those jobs because they are not going to go ahead with a high speed rail project.
Those jobs would be temp jobs, not worth the investment.

The rail was way to costly and not worth the money.

Why spend money you do not have? Liberals cannot get that for some reason.

The rail is a horrible idea in 95% of the suggested locations.

Besides with no jobs people could not afford to use it anyway.

Bad investment overall.

No one could afford to pay 83.00 to use the rail from Columbus Ohio to Cincinnati and only have the hours of use being 6 am to 6 pm.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The little boy that did the rebutal didn't listen either, maybe if he had he wouldn't have looked so foolish with his rebutal speech, that's what ya get when you send a rookie in to replace a experienced player.
Casper
He is awesome and gave a much better speech then Obama did.

At least he addressed the real issues and gave real life answers instead of pipe dreams and lies.

He has done what he has said he and they would do so far.

Very impressive the "party of the majority" has been so far in the house.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:59 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I saw Obama and then I saw Republican response and all I heard was blah, blah, vague...vague. No details.
I'm calling Big Sis and telling her you thought Obama's speech was vague. No one insults Master!!

Old 01-25-2011, 09:00 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
High speed rail......you know, a way to travel quickly WITHOUT having to drive your car or fly. Too bad Florida lost all those jobs because they are not going to go ahead with a high speed rail project.
This isn't Europe, high speed rail is insanely expensive and meaningless for people who live in flyover country.

High speed rail should be a local and state issue.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Is he the new talking head from the right? By the way when did he start shaving, like em young and inexperienced don't ya? I did notice he is following the script of the sky is falling crowd. My answer is if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem, and he came off as nothing more than the same old same Party of No.
Casper

The REAL party of hell no leader was sitting in the back row.

You seem to forget they said HELL NO to the American people.

This HC scam is the perfect example. The majority said no and they said NO to the American people.

The real party of hell no earned their name. DemNOcrats.

Attack Ryan all you want. He is a rising super star of the rep party who will be taking over the WH and congress soon.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:02 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Want to see a SUPERB speech listen to Paul Ryan.

Now that was a REAL speech.

He is impressive and a rising super star in the making.
I thought it was going to be a rebuttal? Did he get mixed up?

Old 01-25-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
This isn't Europe, high speed rail is insanely expensive and meaningless for people who live in flyover country.

High speed rail should be a local and state issue.
As you can tell the robots are going with anything he wants to do because they have no clue what the hell is right or wrong.

So far following Obama has been a total nightmare but they still trust him even after a disastrous first 2 years filled with mistakes and poor decisions.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:04 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
Really, who cares what lies the teleprompter is spewing? Any of you who believe the drivel coming out of this phony's mouth must have been foolish enough to vote for him.
Yes, some of us actually listened to the mans words, I assume others had more important things to do such as scream at the TV or, of-course, redo their sock drawer. Drives you crazy that you will get him for six more years. Good
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies