Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 09:16 PM

79 posts, read 113,849 times

Advertisements

The SOTU gave me what I needed to hear, and a few surprises. I needed to hear that our current trend of losing jobs to overseas workers and lowered standards of education can be turned around. The new export agreements made with China, India and South Korea will create more jobs in the US and goods we can export. That is a beginning. I thought he gave a much needed guide to the future for all America, and emphasized working together to make it happen. Then he gave specifics on where he was willing to work with Congress and where he was not. He emphasized to get things done, and to move on. Surprises were that he is willing to restructure the government to make it more efficient. That he is willing to make some cuts to Medicare. That the corporate tax burden for all companies can be reduced by making it a more level playing field. No more letting some companies get away with not paying any taxes, which has made it a burden for all those left. He also gave specifics on where the government serves a good purpose. In effect, I thought he blunted much of the Republican outcry, and set things on his terms. There will be wrangling over the specifics, but he has set the tone. I thought he was Presidential.

I've always been a pretty middle of the road liberal, and this address hit my needs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 09:16 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,089,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
As you can tell the robots are going with anything he wants to do because they have no clue what the hell is right or wrong.

So far following Obama has been a total nightmare but they still trust him even after a disastrous first 2 years filled with mistakes and poor decisions.
You wish.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:18 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,446,046 times
If you see any of his childhood pics he is dark. Guess you need to talk to his parents on why he is darker than the rest.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:21 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,364,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
That just seems odd to me. I just don't know many men who hang out in tanning beds.
I know of one other one. He was a recreation center admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
I noticed this too and till now thought I was the only one that thought about it at all.
I was about to say that to my DH while we were watching the speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
If you see any of his childhood pics he is dark. Guess you need to talk to his parents on why he is darker than the rest.
His eyes are blue. Most blue-eyed people are kind of fair.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:22 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,183,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I agree, his numbers are gonna climb even more and drive the looney right even further over the edge.
Casper
Not according to Frank Luntz focus group, of the thirteen that voted for Obama only seven said they would vote for him again and some of them said they may vote for someone else depending on who he runs against.

What I got from the group was that they heard it all before and do not believe what he said tonight because he has not kept his word.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:23 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,736,901 times
Great speech.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:24 PM

565 posts, read 484,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

His eyes are blue. Most blue-eyed people are kind of fair.
If only it was so easy.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:25 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,265,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Not according to Frank Luntz focus group, of the thirteen that voted for Obama only seven said they would vote for him again and some of them said they may vote for someone else depending on who he runs against.

What I got from the group was that they heard it all before and do not believe what he said tonight because he has not kept his word.

He has NO chance of re-election.

Only a miracle could save him now.

Smart people do not allow a failure to run things and wont be voting for 4 more years of a total economic disaster.

Let alone all the little "control" of us things this moron is trying to pull on us.

Lame duck quacking back to Chicago.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:26 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,840,100 times
Wow. One of his worst speeches. Just recycled pap from last year and the year before. Didn't he make that veto pledge on earmarks before?

Totally flat, not to mention he is tone-deaf on spending, deficits and debt.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:27 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,840,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I have no idea what he's talking about.
High speed rails and fewer dropped calls?
He's just saying random things and people are clapping.

What the hell was the point of this?
Again with high speed rails, the key to the future according to obama and the dems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies