Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 10:56 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,680,436 times

Advertisements

From the JTA, two groups quoted in a letter from 400 rabbis criticizing the Fox News channel for Glenn Beck's Holocaust references disassociated themselves from the letter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 05:53 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
From the JTA, two groups quoted in a letter from 400 rabbis criticizing the Fox News channel for Glenn Beck's Holocaust references disassociated themselves from the letter.
...Jeffrey Wiesenfeld, vice president of the American Gathering, said that "in my 30 years of participation in large-scale annual (Holocaust) commemorations, I have yet to meet a survivor who expressed support for Mr. Soros."

As with individuals in any group, just because Soros is Jewish doesn't make him perfect, right, or criticism-proof. He has been very critical of Israel's policies, and I say that if he feels that strongly for pushing for greater peace efforts (at what price?) then he should run for political office in Israel.

Israel is in serious trouble if at the end of this conflict in the Middle East tiny Israel is surrounded by enemies. There was a peace accord between Israel and Egypt, which Muslim extremists, if they take over, will immediately declare void. Beck has brought this very real concern to light while the MSM is downplaying it.

Last edited by swbtoo; 02-03-2011 at 06:04 AM..

Old 02-03-2011, 07:48 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
...Jeffrey Wiesenfeld, vice president of the American Gathering, said that "in my 30 years of participation in large-scale annual (Holocaust) commemorations, I have yet to meet a survivor who expressed support for Mr. Soros."

As with individuals in any group, just because Soros is Jewish doesn't make him perfect, right, or criticism-proof. He has been very critical of Israel's policies, and I say that if he feels that strongly for pushing for greater peace efforts (at what price?) then he should run for political office in Israel.

Israel is in serious trouble if at the end of this conflict in the Middle East tiny Israel is surrounded by enemies. There was a peace accord between Israel and Egypt, which Muslim extremists, if they take over, will immediately declare void. Beck has brought this very real concern to light while the MSM is downplaying it.
Soros is not the only Jew that Beck names in his conspiracy theories. The thread was about the percentage of Jews named in becks conspiracy. Soros is just one of many.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:03 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,385,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Hilarious.

You lose too since you agree with insults.

You people provide no evidence for your false allegations that some guy links Jews to Beck. You fall for it hook, line and sinker with absoultely no evidence. You believe the moon is made of green cheese, you don't have to read books to learn, and you knnow everything there is to know.

Fine, have a good time in your shallow lilttle ignorant wold. This is really what is hilarious.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
I

Welcome to my ignore list.
Thanks very much

Old 02-03-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
My comment wasn't to prove the OP's comments. It was to add on his.

Anyone with basic reading comprehension would've noticed that.

You haven't proved anything since Beck has NEVER stated what the OP is trying to put over here. There is NO LINKAGE It is a false premise and you are desperately trying to defend a false premise. Carry on but your head must hurt from banging it against the same old wall. LOL

Old 02-03-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Soros is not the only Jew that Beck names in his conspiracy theories. The thread was about the percentage of Jews named in becks conspiracy. Soros is just one of many.
The point you are ignoring is that BECK HASN'T SAID ANYTHING ANTISEMITIC ABOUT JEWS. It is the guy in the OP and IT IS A FALSE PREMISE since he has NO EVIDENCE of anti semitism on Beck's behalf. You have spent gobs amount of time defending a FALSE PREMISE since Beck has never said anything even close to anti semitic statements or done anything that paints him as a anti semite. But if you can show any credible proof otherwise, please do....This is the issue.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:43 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
Israel is in serious trouble if at the end of this conflict in the Middle East tiny Israel is surrounded by enemies. There was a peace accord between Israel and Egypt, which Muslim extremists, if they take over, will immediately declare void.
Thanks for the tip, Nostradamus.

Quote:
Beck has brought this very real concern to light while the MSM is downplaying it.
Most people who aren't Israeli or Egyptian aren't really that concerned.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:16 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Thanks for the tip, Nostradamus.

Most people who aren't Israeli or Egyptian aren't really that concerned.
I don't know what news shows you watch, but Nostradamus wasn't the name of the Middle Eastern expert who said this in an interview two days ago. I don't recall his name, but it most assuredly wasn't Nostradamus.

Most people who aren't concerned aren't smart enough to be concerned.
It's no longer a big world and events on one side of the world impact the rest of the world. But, you're right. Most people are too self-absorbed to be concerned about others.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:47 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
I don't know what news shows you watch, but Nostradamus wasn't the name of the Middle Eastern expert who said this in an interview two days ago. I don't recall his name, but it most assuredly wasn't Nostradamus.
There are a lot of self-anointed "Middle Eastern experts" to be had. Are you talking about John Bolton or Dick Morris?

Quote:
Most people who aren't concerned aren't smart enough to be concerned.
It's no longer a big world and events on one side of the world impact the rest of the world. But, you're right. Most people are too self-absorbed to be concerned about others.
It's still a pretty big world for most of us, and only the hyper-Christian, Armageddon-forecasting goons are especially concerned about Israel. Fine. I wish people of that sort would all flock there and die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies