Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 11:28 PM

221 posts, read 228,772 times

Advertisements

Last night's segment of the Rachel Maddow show provided footage, which first appeared at Talk To Action, of a Christian evangelist who is quite influential but also little known to secular Americans: Lou Engle, founder of TheCall. The Maddow segment highlighted an event noted a few days ago by RightWingWatch, an anti-health care reform "Prayercast," held by the Family Research Council, led by emergent, highly militant leaders of the Christian right such as Lou Engle and also by Republican senators Brownback and DeMint, and GOP Representatives Bachmann and Forbes.

Talk To Action | GOP Senators Appear on TV With Anti-gay, Anti-abortion Christian Martyrdom Advocate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 05:02 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Oh joy, more hatred in the name of their god-thing.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:02 AM

221 posts, read 228,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Oh joy, more hatred in the name of their god-thing.
They too will go the way of the "moral majority" and the "Silent Majority".

Old 12-21-2009, 07:57 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Here is what I question about mainstream media - and god knows I don't believe that they are right leaning in any way.
Why is it that the GOP (which used to be my party btw) has not been the subject of any true investigative reporting regarding their increasing alignment with fundementalist christian sects? Yes, RM did a piece - but why not more? What about 'The Family'? The reporting I've seen regarding that amounts to blogs and the occasional op-ed piece.

Freedom of religion is great - and I don't begrudge anyone their faith. But I am scared sh*tless when it comes to fundementalist dogma becoming the law of the land.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:05 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Here is what I question about mainstream media - and god knows I don't believe that they are right leaning in any way.
Why is it that the GOP (which used to be my party btw) has not been the subject of any true investigative reporting regarding their increasing alignment with fundementalist christian sects? Yes, RM did a piece - but why not more? What about 'The Family'? The reporting I've seen regarding that amounts to blogs and the occasional op-ed piece.

Freedom of religion is great - and I don't begrudge anyone their faith. But I am scared sh*tless when it comes to fundementalist dogma becoming the law of the land.
I guess for the same reason government media wouldn't report on the communists, Marxists and Maoists in Obama's circle of advisers.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:55 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
I guess for the same reason government media wouldn't report on the communists, Marxists and Maoists in Obama's circle of advisers.
Don't play t*t for tat with me, JimME. I have been very vocal about the louses Obama has surrounded himself with prior to the election and afterwards. But this thread is about the continuing hijacking of the GOP with christian fundementalists -- which differ significantly from the average christian I might add. These are religious leaders that would dearly love to turn the US into a theocracy and we are crazy to ignore this because the dems said/did/acted the same way.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:10 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
FundiMENTAList DeMint is an extremist. He plays footsie with a lot of anti government groups. Leader of tthe American Taliban, perhaps we should call him Mullah DeMint

Old 03-29-2010, 07:42 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID65 View Post
Last night's segment of the Rachel Maddow show provided footage, which first appeared at Talk To Action, of a Christian evangelist who is quite influential but also little known to secular Americans: Lou Engle, founder of TheCall. The Maddow segment highlighted an event noted a few days ago by RightWingWatch, an anti-health care reform "Prayercast," held by the Family Research Council, led by emergent, highly militant leaders of the Christian right such as Lou Engle and also by Republican senators Brownback and DeMint, and GOP Representatives Bachmann and Forbes.

Talk To Action | GOP Senators Appear on TV With Anti-gay, Anti-abortion Christian Martyrdom Advocate
and this guy represents all conservatives, Republicans and the like? Only Rachel Maddow, who is as far to the left as they come would bother with something like this...

Nita

Old 02-11-2011, 04:29 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
| Welcome to Talk To Action

They have an agenda at this web site. They are not unbiased.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:01 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID65 View Post

So whats the problem?

Is it illegal? Obama was around a man that was in a terrorist group do you have an issue with that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies