Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2011, 07:17 PM

27 posts, read 15,589 times

Advertisements

Their coming to take my gun and my bible, god wants me to have a gun so I can defend the bible because the god that created the universe needs a limp dick bubba to win the day for the bible and to show that there was a flood and that dinosaurs walked with man and the earth is only 4000 years old. God need a bubba with a 357 and his donation so the preacher can not have to work for a living. Talk about living off of others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 07:18 PM

102 posts, read 100,474 times
Default laws

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I think that this is the perfect example of how ineffective laws against GUN OWNERSHIP RIGHTS can be. We all know of the chaos that is going on in Mexico at the hands of the drug cartels. What good is having such laws other than not allowing citizens to defend themselves?

20yrsinBranson
Guns are not illegal in the UK. The people dont want them, neither do the police. They are looked down on as the cowards weapon in civvy street.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:18 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by descentofman View Post
This crap about breaking into my door. Christ, the chance are only .04 chance that someone will break into your home. And that's an across the board much less if you live in a good neighborhood. Its not about self defense its about people who are paranoid. They feel like they have no control in their life and a gun makes them feel like they do. Its a mental issue not a constitutional one.
What qualifications do you have to make that diagnosis?

Denial of something as basic as a well established Constitutional amendment could easily be diagnosed as delusional.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:19 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by descentofman View Post
This crap about breaking into my door. Christ, the chance are only .04 chance that someone will break into your home. And that's an across the board much less if you live in a good neighborhood. Its not about self defense its about people who are paranoid. They feel like they have no control in their life and a gun makes them feel like they do. Its a mental issue not a constitutional one.
What a load of garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobee View Post
There are no civil rights in some places, the gun rules.
Do you even know what you are saying? By the way are you Polish? Or Pakistani or Indian?

Quote:
How would they no who attacked who.

IT must be, the dead dont speak justice.

Modern stunners would leave you both alive, last one up loses.
They are the police. It's easy to figure out. They can tell when you are lying, and match up your statements to what's lying around the crime scene

No modern stunners have the potential of leaving you dead. No thanks but I prefer living with a constitutional right to own firearms

Old 01-26-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You know....you are making some pretty lame excuses now...and running from 1 point to another...

Please make up my mind....
Me running, no one here has discussed the opening post-gun libraries

Old 01-26-2011, 07:26 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,709 times
Quote:
Seriously?? How much more rejection of the idea would you need to see to get a clue?

Old 01-26-2011, 07:28 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
you mean a place where guns are stored? that would actually be unconstitutional. what part of "the right of the people to keep and bear arms" do you NOT understand?

Old 01-26-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
What a load of garbage

Do you even know what you are saying? By the way are you Polish? Or Pakistani or Indian?

They are the police. It's easy to figure out. They can tell when you are lying, and match up your statements to what's lying around the crime scene

No modern stunners have the potential of leaving you dead. No thanks but I prefer living with a constitutional right to own firearms
I am impressed [sarcasm] with your mental argument rebuttal. I will have to try it your way instead of looking up statistics, Oh ya is not. LOL

Old 01-26-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you mean a place where guns are stored? that would actually be unconstitutional. what part of "the right of the people to keep and bear arms" do you NOT understand?
The right to have and bare arms is not absolute. You do not have a right to a Machine gun [ they are very tightly regulated] You do not have a right to C4 and you do not have a right to a 30mm AA gun or a nuke. So the government can regulate guns and ammo.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:35 PM

[quote=theunbrainwashed;17594015]What a load of garbage

No modern stunners have the potential of leaving you dead. No thanks but I prefer living with a constitutional right to own firearms[
/quote]
You will own them with libraries, but they are so dangerous and miss used
the state/people have a right to know the guns rifleing fingerprint etc and the owners oral DNA will be taken plus modern photographs.

You dont need them around the home all the time do you.
Surely your home has adequate safeguards for your family, like internal and external video et cetera.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies