Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 01:13 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,767,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
And we can discuss regulations in a thread about regulations. Suffice it to say that I believe in some limited government and regulation.
If you think this topic has nothing to do with health insurance and regulations, then may I ask what is it about? Even so, you keep trumpeting about regulation, just don't want to discuss it. I got it.

Quote:
It is not the nature of the individual state regulations that is the hurdle, it is the fact of 50 individual state regulations. It is impossible to design and administer a plan that satisfies the requirements of all 50 states. So insurers are either mega insurers, of which there are very few. Or smaller regional insurers. If there were one set of healthcare insurance regulations it would open up the market to everyone
After throwing tantrums that you don't want to discuss regulations, that this isn't about regulations, you're talking about regulations. Instead of looking ridiculous, give it a little thought. Or perhaps be honest in accepting that you do not want to discuss any details because it is beyond your capacity to. You're only limited to whining.

At least you're with me that it is okay to have a federal standard, rather than assuming everything be handle by individual states.

Quote:
I surely have, you may not like them or understand them but they have been made.
Would it be a straw man argument if I pointed out your refusal to explain your position on regulations in detail?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 01:33 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,717,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Republican Paul Ryan, now chairman of the House budget committee, supports rationing health care for US seniors. His plan to voucherize Medicare is the classic example of rationing care. Under his plan the government would only give seniors a voucher for a certain amount of money and any extra cost would be paid by senior citizens themselves. His plan is to slowly shrink Medicare voucher checks over time leaving senior citizens left to pay more and more for health care.

Why does Paul Ryan and the Republicans want to pull the plug on grandma?
For the same reason Obamacare cut Medicare for people of certain ages. When you are out of money, you are out of money. Why is it evil for the right to make such cuts and not evil for the left to make such cuts. The program was not sustainable.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:36 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,277,696 times
Reasonable informed people know the Obama HC plan is a fraud and is a costly way the government can control who gets care and who does not.

Time to start over from scratch. Ditch the scamming dem plan as it is unconstitutional anyway to force someone to purchase something and start from square one.

The government needs to get out of our lives and get out of the way.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:08 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,447,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
Because we have an aging population and something needs to be done. I'm not sure this it but this kill grandma rhetoric is why we'll never get anything done to fix social security or medicare. The fear mongering must stop.

Grandma is going to need to make some sacrifices, which is sad but we all are. None of these entitlement programs are sustainable.
I am grandma and great grandma, you are so right.
We all need to realize, to get and keep things under control is not going to be fun. I am te first one to say, already there is too much testing, too many lab reports, too many of a lot of things.

Nita

Old 01-27-2011, 02:11 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,523,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
Because we have an aging population and something needs to be done. I'm not sure this it but this kill grandma rhetoric is why we'll never get anything done to fix social security or medicare. The fear mongering must stop.

Grandma is going to need to make some sacrifices, which is sad but we all are. None of these entitlement programs are sustainable.
Then explain the outcry from the religious right when Terry Schiavo was unplugged?

Just kidding. I wanted to bring up some old stuff.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:28 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,467,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
People called end of life counseling "pulling the plug on grandma" when democrats took a republican piece of legislation from 2003. I would fully expect it to be called... "slaughtering grandma".

But then, anything "public" and people get their thingies twisted in a bunch. While "private" enterprises can do anything they so desire. We live in a society that only fascists could love.
I specifically mentioned public because I do not like to restrict private insurance plans. If someone wants to get a plan that covers everyup including botox, go nuts! My gripe is with public monies like medicare and medicaid being used as political pinball like it has for the lat few decades instead of wanting to actually reform the laws governing its use. I think reasonable efforts should be made to streamline waste.

I think legistlation to make DNR/DNI's signed by the patient binding and irrevocable except by the patient in good mental health. Right there you would knock out an exceptional amount of expenditures AND keep the patients wishes as the absolute law when it comes to patient care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
Then explain the outcry from the religious right when Terry Schiavo was unplugged?

Just kidding. I wanted to bring up some old stuff.
Ehh, wingnuts. I'm pretty Catholic in my upbringing and my daily life, but the family of Terry should be put on trial for torture. We had a very similar incident at work, thankfully it didn't get news coverage so no crazies, where it took a very long time to convice the family that the patient rotting piece by piece in bed was past modern medical treatment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies