Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 09:48 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times

Advertisements

Republican Paul Ryan, now chairman of the House budget committee, supports rationing health care for US seniors. His plan to voucherize Medicare is the classic example of rationing care. Under his plan the government would only give seniors a voucher for a certain amount of money and any extra cost would be paid by senior citizens themselves. His plan is to slowly shrink Medicare voucher checks over time leaving senior citizens left to pay more and more for health care.

Why does Paul Ryan and the Republicans want to pull the plug on grandma?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 10:02 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Republican Paul Ryan, now chairman of the House budget committee, supports rationing health care for US seniors. His plan to voucherize Medicare is the classic example of rationing care. Under his plan the government would only give seniors a voucher for a certain amount of money and any extra cost would be paid by senior citizens themselves. His plan is to slowly shrink Medicare voucher checks over time leaving senior citizens left to pay more and more for health care.

Because we have an aging population and something needs to be done. I'm not sure this it but this kill grandma rhetoric is why we'll never get anything done to fix social security or medicare. The fear mongering must stop.

Grandma is going to need to make some sacrifices, which is sad but we all are. None of these entitlement programs are sustainable.

Last edited by FargoBison; 01-26-2011 at 10:21 PM..

Old 01-26-2011, 10:03 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
I guess we'll take your word for it.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:08 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I guess we'll take your word for it.
I think I must demand some kind of link to these words from the OP.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:11 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post

Let's get this rationing thing straight. The progressives tell us that health care is rationed now, by wealth and by insurance companies--and this is why we need massive government involvement in health care. The republicans tell us that health care will be rationed by the government under Obamacare. Both are right; health care is rationed one way or another.

Paul Ryan wants to let each person do their own rationing. Not by wealth or insurance companies, not by the bureaucracy--each person makes their own decisions.

And your statement that Ryan plans to shrink the vouchers over time is an outright falsehood.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:14 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think I must demand some kind of link to these words from the OP.
This is the new Democrat talking point. It was on MSNBC after Ryan gave his speech, supposedly it is in Ryan's roadmap or at least the Democrats are interpreting that it means rationing...

http://www.journaltimes.com/news/loc...cc4c03286.html

http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch...reform-hearing

Old 01-26-2011, 10:14 PM

487 posts, read 1,358,081 times
The Democrats Were always going to ration Health-care.
They just never admit it.
With nationalized health-care Rationing is a forgone conclusion.
Thanks to the Democrats Health-care Rationing is in every Americans future.
Unless the Republicans can repeal and replace.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:15 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,944 times
I don't know about that ..

From what I read in the healthcare law itself, there is already going to be rationing, so I'm not seeing what your problem is

Old 01-26-2011, 10:19 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
This is the new Democrat talking point. It was on MSNBC after Ryan gave his speech, supposedly it is in Ryan's roadmap or at least the Democrats are interpreting that it means rationing...

Wis. Democratic Party on the prowl against Ryan

Democrats slam Rep. Ryan's Medicare vouchers during healthcare hearing - The Hill's Healthwatch
Hey, thanks for the link. It certainly seems that they intend to get worse as his prominence in his party rises.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:22 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Whey the Rs purposely misrepresent having a doctor discuss end of life issues with patients as killing grandma, then offer something that is rationing, they don't get to complain and use false umbrage.

So sorry for your refusal to see the irony of this situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies