Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 11:45 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Yes, it sucks, but my question is:

Why do people think that vets are more important?
Isn't this just as important for someone who isn't a vet?
That was the first thought which came to my mind as well. It is almost like there are humans and then there are vets. Perhaps to many, mentioning "vets" suddenly brings out the emotions that is necessary for them to realize a problem, because logic based reasoning is more difficult to get across.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 11:47 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
A lot of this story doesn't add up. Facts are that his insurance was COBRA from a previous employer who had Ceridian as the health insurance provider. The rules for COBRA are that monthly payments are to be made in full by the due date to remain in effect. There is no partial payment clause. It's black or white. You pay the monthly premium in full or you are dropped. Unfortunate bottom line. His wife screwed up. The other aspect I saw, was he was being treated for possible bone cancer that he claims was brought on by agent orange from his Vietnam service. As a Vietnam vet myself and one who uses the VA system, I know for a fact that anyone certified as having been exposed to Agent Orange has a special priority with the va and their medical records has a big orange stripe on the folder. This entitles them to the very best medical care possible, including private facilities outside the VA if the Va doesn't have the facilities to treat the condition. All agent orange victims get all the best care for free. Not one dime out of their pocket. They even get reembursed for any personal expenses they have incurred concerning treatment.IE: mileage, etc. so something is fishy in Denmark concerning this individuals story.IMO

Edited to add: The fact that the Vet issue was introduced tend to discredit his story more, as he has VA medical care and with Agent Orange certification, he gets the best free care the US of A has to offer.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:48 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Omg!!!!!!!!!

This makes me incredibly grateful to have grown up in a small town, in an era where neighbor helping neighbor was the norm, and had it been me processing this person's check, I'd have just taken two cents out of my purse and dropped it into an envelope along with the client's check.

WTF is the matter with people?

Old 01-27-2011, 02:33 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
If you read to the bottom of the article....

"Federal law states insurance providers must give you a reasonable amount of time to make up a shortage."

So basically, they got the computer generated drop notice from their COBRA provider.

I would be fairly certain that his coverage will be reinstated as stuff like this just happens and then gets sorted out down the road.

P.S. I just double checked and his coverage has since been restored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies