Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 08:21 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times

Advertisements

Problem for Palin is she just can't stop talking, every time she speaks she proves to more Americans that she should stick to her entainment career and stay out of politics. She sould try comedy central, all she would have to do is talk about anything and the laughs will come naturally.
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 08:39 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
How are you so sure? Are you familiar with the 30 years of robust spending the Russians undertook to try to defeat the US during the Cold War? Are you familiar with why the USSR collapsed?
Robust spending on their military. A huge military. Their space program was relatively small. Are you familiar with why the USSR collapsed?

Old 01-27-2011, 09:00 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,243,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Americans know this, but are powerless in many ways to do anything. The military industrial complex will continue to get welfare for obscenely expensive (and unnecessary) weapons systems the M.I.C. continues to receive from both parties.
I want to believe that but the number of third party votes doesn't support that.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:06 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,296 times
Talking Sarah Palin says Sputnik led to the collapse of the Soviet Union

Two things...

1st: everyone with more than three brain cells still firing knows that Palin will randomly and often make incredibly dumb public statements, and then follow that up with a pity party about "why the lamestream media is picking on me."

2nd: millions of Americans no wiser than Ms Palin will never understand that what she says is outrageously stupid, because they think she's a shining star.

Isn't her 15 minutes about done by now?

Old 01-27-2011, 11:21 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Two things...

1st: everyone with more than three brain cells still firing knows that Palin will randomly and often make incredibly dumb public statements, and then follow that up with a pity party about "why the lamestream media is picking on me."

2nd: millions of Americans no wiser than Ms Palin will never understand that what she says is outrageously stupid, because they think she's a shining star.

Isn't her 15 minutes about done by now?
She hasn't got all their money yet, so no, Moose girl ain't done yet.
Casper

Old 01-27-2011, 11:27 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
I'm not a Palin fan (she is just a typical politician), but everyone here knows what she meant by "Sputnik" causing the fall of the Soviet Union. That program (of competing with the USA) was typical of other programs that drained and bankrupted the USSR. The thing is that these silly spins (that many here on c-d.com are wont to do) are made knowing full well that what they are typing is just a spin (and, at times, quite the stretch). It really just makes the OP look as stupid as the politician they are hoping to make look stupid (or even more stupid).
You're being presumptuous. She meant what she said...namely, that SPUTNIK caused the fall of the Soviet Union. Period, point blank. She didn't mean anything else. If she meant something else, she would've said it.

All of that other stuff you're saying is ridiculous. She's a big girl, so let her defend her own comments.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:30 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Talking Darn the press!

Quote:
Problem for Palin is she just can't stop talking
Just can't stay away from the cameras and publicity events, either.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:34 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
My point is to counter your previous response...which was that Russians could already get nuclear warheads to US soil. What you didn't mention (that I filled in the blanks) was that transporting nuclear warheads to US soil was only capable via aircraft at the time...which were easily tracked. That's why the ICBM was created in the first place. So my point is to illustrate that the nuclear tipped ICBM is a product of the Sputnik mission...which you seem to believe is not accurate. I've asked you to counter it but you haven't.

You should read up a bit. Sputnik was not a peace mission as you seem to surmise. It was a mission that greatly contributed to the arms race, which ultimately led to the collapse of the USSR.
The Redstone ballistic missile was designed 1950-52 so all this BS of Sputnik starting the race for missile superiority is just that..............................BS!

Then again, I forgot, when Palin's involved facts are optional and discouraged

Old 01-27-2011, 11:39 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,406,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You're being presumptuous. She meant what she said...namely, that SPUTNIK caused the fall of the Soviet Union. Period, point blank. She didn't mean anything else. If she meant something else, she would've said it.

All of that other stuff you're saying is ridiculous. She's a big girl, so let her defend her own comments.
Actually, I think you are the one being presumptuous. The fact that some would think she needs to defend the spin people may put on her comments is pretty ridiculous too. She may (or may not) just do the wise thing and ignore it. As for me saying things that are ridiculous, well that is just a gift I've been blessed with.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:44 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Actually, I think you are the one being presumptuous. The fact that some would think she needs to defend the spin people may put on her comments is pretty ridiculous too. She may (or may not) just do the wise thing and ignore it. As for me saying things that are ridiculous, well that is just a gift I've been blessed with.
The fact is she needs to defend the spin she puts on her comments, like the baseless, asinine, inflammatory statement the Arizona shooter was "perhaps left-leaning". And IF we're supposed to believe the included 'perhaps' somehow excuses what is otherwise pure steaming crap then it wouild be fair game to publish comments like "perhaps Palin is a cocaine addict" or "perhaps Pailin is a child abuser", right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies