Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ??
Yes 23 18.85%
No 79 64.75%
Dunno 20 16.39%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 09:01 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,845,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
I red it in an US newspaper, black women would be more educated
But you were "totally agreeing" with what Sunset said, which was utter garbage. What I'm asking is how can you totally agree with her when you're from overseas and have absolutely no idea what it's really like for blacks in this country?

Quote:
For the moment.After my studies I'll come there
Fine. But now it's really not your place to judge something you know little about.

You live in France, dude. So where do you find the audacity to suggest to a black man that you are more knowledgeable of what he goes thru in his own country than he is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 09:11 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,370,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
But you were "totally agreeing" with what Sunset said, which was utter garbage. What I'm asking is how can you totally agree with her when you're from overseas and have absolutely no idea what it's really like for blacks in this country?

Fine. But now it's really not your place to judge something you know little about.

You live in France, dude. So where do you find the audacity to suggest to a black man that you are more knowledgeable of what he goes thru in his own country than he is?
It's a very big country, you can't know everything about, even if you live in.
And it's wrong, black women seem more educated than black men, some articles :

http://www.jpanafrican.com/docs/more...reducation.pdf

Why Do More Black Women Attend College Than Black Men? - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com

How come most educated black women prefer white men, and ghetto un-educated black women prefer black men? - Yahoo! Answers

Old 02-13-2011, 09:48 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,845,027 times
Quote:
You're not very good at paying attention, are you? I never said the info about black women was false, I said what Sunset was saying was garbage.

With every post you type, you're proving my point more and more. Yes, it's a very big country, but blacks have a similar reality across the nation. From city to city we share the same social experiences and understanding of each other. That's why it's called "the black community", genius. So don't sit there and tell me that I don't know. You are the one who doesn't know.

And you're seriously using Yahoo Answers as a source? A site that's mainly used by prepubescent teens to ask the world's dumbest questions? The idea that educated black women are more apt to choose a white partner is a complete speculation with no real evidence to back it up (atleast none that the asker had available). You are quickly losing your credibility, Frenchy.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:25 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,545,251 times
News Flash:

Blacks have already caught up with whites economically.

The Great Recession has flattened the playing field.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:26 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,172 times
No.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:41 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,938 times
I'm not trying to catch-up to anyone. As a Black American, I think it is non-productive to view my success as a competition with a White American. Honestly, I don't care if I am in some same bracket or group as another person. I don't agree with the idea that Black people have to feel that catching-up with White people is the goal. This once again is a way of maing what happends to White people the standard. Why?

Old 01-20-2012, 06:42 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
When are we going to get a sub-forum for the daily "blacks" thread?
Exactly. LOL I swear, I feel like a celebrity sometimes, all the attention spent on us.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:41 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,545,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Exactly. LOL I swear, I feel like a celebrity sometimes, all the attention spent on us.
So you are saying that you have no problem with people discussing black issues on this forum, right?

Old 01-21-2012, 09:33 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,346 times
They have already caught up. They have the same abilities to succeed as anyone else in this country. Hell, I drive around seeing plenty of minorities who are doing much better than I am (Im white). Good for them.
The constant victim-card the liberals keep pushing on to minorities isnt helping anything. How about a message of hope and you can succeed if you try? Oh that's right, you still need them for votes and power.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:02 PM

665 posts, read 1,243,430 times
no its impossible, unless we have another manufacturing boom where low skilled jobs
pay higher wages, white people got a 400 yr head start and go to to participate in all the economic booms.
The manufacturing boom ended in the 1970'6 six years after civil right AA's were not giving
enough time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies