Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 11:08 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,631,900 times

Advertisements

Article emailed to me this morning from a buddy,

Yes, Chick-fil-A Says, We Explicitly Do Not Like Same-Sex Couples | Gay Rights | Change.org

Does this change your opinion about them or will you simply do what I do.....NOT EAT THERE? If someone doesn't like who I am I sure as hell aren't going to contribute to their financial well being.
Besides, they are overpriced anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 11:13 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
They also are closed on Sundays.

I suggest people do whatever they like,if they don't like their values,go elsewhere like you suggest.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:16 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,007,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Article emailed to me this morning from a buddy,

Yes, Chick-fil-A Says, We Explicitly Do Not Like Same-Sex Couples | Gay Rights | Change.org

Does this change your opinion about them or will you simply do what I do.....NOT EAT THERE? If someone doesn't like who I am I sure as hell aren't going to contribute to their financial well being.
Besides, they are overpriced anyway.

Here is what they sent to me:

In regards to your comments, one of our independent Restaurant Operators in Pennsylvania was asked to provide sandwiches to two Art of Marriage video seminars. Chick-fil-A does its best to serve our local community and one of the ways we do that is by providing food to schools, colleges, civic groups, businesses, places of worship, not-for-profit groups, etc. At his discretion, the local Operator agreed to simply provide a limited amount of food. Our Chick-fil-A Operators and their employees try very hard every day to go the extra mile to serving ALL of our customers with honor, dignity and respect. For more details on this matter, please visit Chick-fil-A’s page on Facebook.
Sincerely,

Larry
Chick-fil-A CARES
Chick-fil-A...We Didn't Invent The Chicken,
Just The Chicken Sandwich.
On the Web at Chick-fil-A

I have not eaten there in several weeks now, because I cannot support such a Company.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:18 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,224 times
Would like to see more on this from another source before I form any opinions.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:21 AM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,973 times
I've never eaten at a Chik-fil-A, this won't effect my decision to continue not eating there.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:22 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Chick-fil-A's charity, the WinShape Foundation said:
Quote:
"WinShape Retreat defines marriage from the Biblical standard as being between one man and one woman. Groups/Individuals are welcome who offer wholesome, educational conferences and programs that are compatible with Biblical values and WinShape's purpose"
Says nothing about the restaurant chain not liking you, same sex couples or gays in general as you would like to infer,but that their charity doesn't agree with same sex marriage.

1,138 posts, read 3,349,017 times
Ty
I Just love Chick Filet their staff are always courteous and helpfull. They are very efficient even when extremely busy. Their food is better than most fast food. You can tell they are a more down home cookin' kinda place. Who cares if they want to "put off" 2-4% the population. They can afford to. This is a free country last I checked. It's their business. They are family centered. Most families exist because of heterosexual behavior BTW, Yuck ycuk or should I say Cluck CLuck!

7,814 posts, read 6,395,954 times
I don't eat there but wouldn't give a crap one way or the other. Reminds me of that scene in Clerks 2 where Wanda Sykes wanted to walk out of the store due to a racist comment and her husband said 'Baby, you cant taste racism',

Old 01-27-2011, 11:26 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,007,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
Ty
I Just love Chick Filet their staff are always courteous and helpfull. They are very efficient even when extremely busy. Their food is better than most fast food. You can tell they are a more down home cookin' kinda place. Who cares if they want to "put off" 2-4% the population. They can afford to. This is a free country last I checked. It's their business. They are family centered. Most families exist because of heterosexual behavior BTW, Yuck ycuk or should I say Cluck CLuck!
That's might white of you.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:29 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,984,345 times
They have the same rights to believe what they want about "gay rights" as others have their free right to think as they want about the issue. If you don`t like what they believe, then don`t eat there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies