Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 07:11 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Nevertheless, Europe saw some pretty savage religious wars over the centuries and as recent as the Serbs and Bosnian Serbs going after the Bosnian muslims. Not that the Catholic Coats were much better. Meanwhile, in Northern Ireland, the Catholic v Protestant "troubles" have been going on for decades with thousands of people killed. The predominantly catholic IRA terrorists did, of course, receive significant financial support from the USA (private individuals not the government).

I don't think any religion has a monopoly on violence. We like to point the finger at Muslims but, as someone once said .... let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
So what? Look at what the Bible teaches compared to the koran. Just take an honest look, please. All of that bad stuff the "Christians" do? It's because they're NOT following the Bible. Seriously...the Bible teaches peace. I can't say that about the jihadists and the koran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 07:15 AM

103 posts, read 67,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
So what? Look at what the Bible teaches compared to the koran. Just take an honest look, please. All of that bad stuff the "Christians" do? It's because they're NOT following the Bible. Seriously...the Bible teaches peace. I can't say that about the jihadists and the koran.
LOL, someone is not confident in their religion. Notice how they defend their own religion with the koran?

Old 01-31-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manmad View Post
LOL, someone is not confident in their religion. Notice how they defend their own religion with the koran?
I'm sorry...I don't get what you'e referring to. What is your point? Christianity does not teach murdering innocents or promise virgins in the afterlife for martyrs who do. It's a peaceful religion--we are sinners saved by God's Grace--Jesus died and paid the penalty for my sin.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Christianity does not teach murdering innocents or promise virgins in the afterlife for martyrs who do. It's a peaceful religion--we are sinners saved by God's Grace--Jesus died and paid the penalty for my sin.
That is YOUR interpretation of christiantiy. ahhh! the freedom of interpretation. christianity once was like islam.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:30 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Christianity is by far the most brutal and blood-thirsty religion the world has ever seen. No other religion has shed more blood and ruined more lives, so I'm not surprised at all.
It's hard to fathom anyone making such an ignorant statement as this. On what do you base this opinion? Never mind. I don't think I care.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It's hard to fathom anyone making such an ignorant statement as this. On what do you base this opinion? Never mind. I don't think I care.

what libk said is true to some extent. Why do people defend christains anyway? If they are "REAL" christains then they would not be bigoted.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
That is YOUR interpretation of christiantiy. ahhh! the freedom of interpretation. christianity once was like islam.
No...it really wasn't. But if that helps you sleep at night, whatever.

Quote:
Why do people defend christains anyway? If they are "REAL" christains then they would not be bigoted.
I agree completely with this statement.

The discussion would be, of course, the definition of "bigoted". It's not "bigoted" to say that the Bible condemns certain behavior. Of course, when we harp on it continually while ignoring our own sin, I can see that as a bad thing.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
No...it really wasn't. But if that helps you sleep at night, whatever.
take the christian blinders off and you'll see it.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:41 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Christianity was literally forced by sword on all of Europe.
Oh, what bull crap!

Old 01-31-2011, 07:43 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
This bigotry is the internal rot that will destroy all our freedoms as the hypocrites enforce their "one right way" to god.

I asked my diety about this and he responded by stating the Loki has many guises and always tricks his believers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies