Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 08:15 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,975,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
I'm all for a women being all she can be but there are limits placed by nature that no woman can accomplish and it's the same for men.
While I agree from a purely physiological standpoint, but if a 300+ pound woman who can bench press her weight, run a 5 flat 40, and has the aggression of a B.J. Raji wants to try out for an NFL team, god bless her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 09:20 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,154,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
yeah, I reckon the Australian Womens cricket team could beat the NZ mens team.
Hmm, try this, ask the fastest woman bowler to bowl a short pitched delivery at you.
Then go to a male club and ask their opening bowler to do the same.
As the ball comes through yor helmet grill you will be saying, yep a bit quicker.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:29 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,936,779 times
How many of you dudes legitimately think you can beat this woman up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er93AeApIX0

Old 01-27-2011, 09:34 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,836,416 times
Interesting how some women posters seem to think they are equal,but shouldn't be held to the same standards....

ROR...that is stupid.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:04 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,154,411 times
Our bodies are physically different. We require different things medically and physically as well as psychologically than men. We do the job differently. That means, we should be tested in a way that meets the requirements of the job and our metabolical needs. It doesn't mean we're cheating or less qualified. That's just a ridiculous hypothetical. There are always going to be jobs/things that women do better than men and vice versa. We are both different. But both quite capable. Good God. Are you still walking on all four??? [/quote]

So because women are a lot weaker than men the test humping should be changed to say only 30LB for the women ?
I am curious on how would women hump the machine gun, break it down and spread the parts among the women until the weapon is needed ?
You would rely on helicopter support to get ammo and mortars etc to you when needed, obviously there would be no green tracer brassing the chopper up as he is trying to get in.

Interesting, we who were grunts do not know what the job entails, a female who has never been there does

Old 01-28-2011, 06:33 AM

24,834 posts, read 37,276,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Interesting how some women posters seem to think they are equal,but shouldn't be held to the same standards....

ROR...that is stupid.
This female says equal...all the way.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:53 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,836,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
This female says equal...all the way.
So does my wife,you cannot have two standards for a job that requires certain measures simply to make it 'fair' to women.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:06 AM

37,953 posts, read 22,057,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
With the idea that women are capable of serving in combat arms that must open up the ideal of complete gender free sport, all sport. no exceptions.

If women are capable enough to serve in the high physical output of combat arms surely they would find gender free sport easy to compete on a equal footing.

Here is a sport that American do not play, but it does show the danger of some male sports.
And no I would not want my daughter ever facing a male of anywhere near this speed.

Oh, hitting the batsman is legal, it is his duty to get out of the way.
So ladies want complete and utter equality ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-f5pfBgpNE&NR=1
In the land of lollipops and gumdrops, actually fighting a war between nations is much less violent and physical then rugby or football. You might cringe at the idea of your daughter or sister being hit by a 250 lb opposing male player who was trying his best to injure her enough to take her out of the game, but no worries like that exist on the battle field.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:56 AM

39,809 posts, read 26,403,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
No, this is stupid. Women being able to serve in combat positions is not the same thing as putting a female basketball player in the NBA or whatever. Faulty premise, slippery slope fallacy, dumb thread, fail, etc.

Please explain that statement... Women and men can't compete equally when it comes to tossing a flippin ball. But on the battlefield, where the ability to hump a 100 pound pack, handle heavy weapons or carry a wounded comrade to safety matter, a disparity in strength isn't an issue?

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 01-28-2011 at 08:16 AM..

Old 01-28-2011, 08:09 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,660,138 times
IIRC from my experience in Vietnam a 90 lb Vietcong woman could shoot you just as dead as her 150 lb guy. At least one 110 lb teenager boy tried to kill me and my buddies. Yeah he was male but not very big or strong.

I think the opposition to women in combat roles is just a last ditch effort by the macho males to defend their exclusive club. It is just another example of no girls in the Tree house Club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies