Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 10:32 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,316,146 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfyhLruhbYA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 03:58 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,888,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine
Our bodies are physically different. We require different things medically and physically as well as psychologically than men. We do the job differently. That means, we should be tested in a way that meets the requirements of the job and our metabolical needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine
It doesn't mean we're cheating or less qualified. That's just a ridiculous hypothetical. There are always going to be jobs/things that women do better than men and vice versa. We are both different. But both quite capable. Good God. Are you still walking on all four???
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
So you are equal, in an unequal sort of way. Genius, pure genius. You've got all bases covered with that one. "Give me equal pay, equal status, but don't make me do the hard stuff because, although we are equal, we are not equal."
+1 to you jeffington.

Notice the insulting language that always seems to come up when one dares to ask for 100% equality in the male/female debates instead of simply rebutting the arguments. It proves that they don't want equality of opportunity, they also want equality of outcomes too.

Last edited by Freedom123; 01-28-2011 at 04:08 PM..

Old 01-28-2011, 04:01 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Some girls compete in male dominated sports now on a HS level--my boys wrestle and they have girls on the team. One girl won state several years back. Wrestling works well because by nature of the sport, participants are equally matched in size and weight. I don't know if I'd personally want my daughter to wrestle (I have all boys) but if the girls want to do it, I say go for it.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:04 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
We'll have equality when men figure out how to get themselves pregnant and then try poppin' a bun out of THEIR ovens!!!

This is the dumbest thread ever.
Some "men" keep trying!

Old 01-28-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I believe in protecting women and treating them well. They are equal, but are not the same.
Amen!

Old 01-28-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
T, we're more than capable of taking down other women. Don't presume the only enemy encountered would be a male. We're also trained in taking down a suspect, whether male or female.

New rules for warfare!

STOP!

We have a female squad....no men allowed....go get women for us to fight!

Old 01-28-2011, 04:34 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
New rules for warfare!

STOP!

We have a female squad....no men allowed....go get women for us to fight!

It is certainly possible for a woman to take a man in hand to hand combat, and I've never said differently--but they have to be TRAINED for it. Most women are not trained to hurt other people.

Lucia Rijker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies