Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 06:30 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times

Advertisements

well we don't have a black president....didn't anybody tell Mr. Moran that Obama is biracial
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 06:35 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Not interested in reading what others on here have ranted and railed in the past. I presumed you were basing your post on media information.

Undertaxed aging boomers? The government is swollen like a pig ready for slaughter. The waste of the government and the growth of it is retarded at best. A well sharpened red edit pen to the federal budget would be the preferred method of the TPers. There have been more Boomers than any other generation in history and we've wrought the greatest advances in all elements of society, worldwide. What we didn't do is manage the size and scope of our government, but we're about to.

The dismantling of all the fluff and waste and an adherence to the style of life our parents used to maintain their lifestyles is something we should all embrace and it's going to be basic nature within 5 years.

It seems you've had some scholastic brainwashing. All the worse for our wonderful country. Something else that needs serious tending to. The dismantling of the serious overreach of the left in our educational system.
Thanks for a fairly civil and thoughtful response. I think it cuts both ways. We overpromised, and we underallocated. The creators of the Great Society programs did not foresee the demographic overhang we are up against, nor did the architects of the many sweetheart tax policies of the last three decades. I agree some red ink is fine. But I never hear a compromise posed here. It is always slash everything, never addressing it through simple subtraction and addition. The antigovernment hysteria seems to smell more of brainwashing than the my posts. Read a few.
But we can debate this on another thread-back to racism...or whatever folks are discussing..

Old 01-27-2011, 06:52 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,123,478 times
On the other side of the token, a lot of BLACK people dont want a WHITE president. Somehow you never see a report on that.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:53 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
On the other side of the token, a lot of BLACK people dont want a WHITE president. Somehow you never see a report on that.
well prior to the last election it's not like they had much of a choice

Old 01-27-2011, 06:54 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
How so?

Old 01-27-2011, 06:59 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,123,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
How so?

80+% of black voters voted for Clinton.
20% of the black population is " a lot "

Old 01-27-2011, 07:47 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Rep. James P. Moran Jr. (D-Va.) is once again drawing attention for making controversial
comments in an interview for an Arab television network.

"A lot of people in this country, I believe, don't want to be governed by an African American,
particularly one who is inclusive, who is liberal, who wants to spend money on everyone
and who wants to reach out to include everyone in our society"

Here's a link to the article.

Apparently that's what liberal representatives in Congress think of the American people.
Oh c'mon. It's not like he's not telling the truth. And it's not the liberals who are the problem on that front........

Old 01-27-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I don't know. Obama started with the goodwill of most Americans, an approval rating around 70%...and then when he began to govern, shove unpopular legislation down our throats, implementing his radical leftist agenda...most realized they had been duped, bamboozled and hoodwinked.

Of course, some of us knew from the get go what he really was and it had nothing to do with his race.

These dems just can't understand how a center right nation would be alarmed and angry about a president trying to force a leftist radical agenda down our throats.

Well, they sure did find out Nov 2010 just how much radicalism this nation would take.
Love that Malcolm X reference.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
As much as Tea Partiers and crazed dittoheads strike me as mean and pigheaded, I don't buy the racist argument. I have heard him called all sorts of insults, but none of them struck me as racist. Bill Clinton, John Kerry, and Al Bore were all subject to the same lunacy. And Clinton had a much harder time than Mr. O has had so far. Sure they have opposed every position, idea he's had, blamed him for everthing, and credited him with nothing, and provided a constant stream of mindless contempt and ill-will, but I don't think that has anything to do with race.
People are just so super partisan it is absurd, but that is another issue
Have you been listening?

Old 01-28-2011, 06:50 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
He is an individual, and he told the Arab media his opinion. From my viewpoint his opinion is not inaccurate. Sorry you dislike it, but if you think that his comments will significantly alter our (poor) image in the Arab world, you're pretty off-base.
"Not inaccurate"? In other words, accurate? So you agree with him that the reason the Dems were tossed out in record-breaking numbers is because conservatives are racists?

Libs are dumber than I thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies