Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2011, 04:37 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Just because you care about family values doesnt mean you are automatically super human and dont make mistakes or not human.

I find it rather sad when someone makes posts or comments like the above. As if having family values is this very terrible thing. Maybe if we had more " family values" We wouldnt have so many children having children or single parents. Yeah babies having babies is so much better
I find it sad when people make excuses for hypocrisy and damn fatiguing when the right makes continual allegations that they are somehow morally superior to the left despite the glut of evidence to the contrary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 04:57 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,297,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Tracy Morgan Calls Sarah Palin 'Good Masturbation Material,' Network Apologizes - FoxNews.com

Cable television network TNT issued an apology late Thursday for a comment made by "30 Rock" star Tracy Morgan about former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin during a live broadcast
Very cheap. How disgusting can they get? So typical of the left. Now, who are the 'haters'? I forget. Must not be the 'right'.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Very cheap. How disgusting can they get? So typical of the left. Now, who are the 'haters'? I forget. Must not be the 'right'.
Gee, Morgan basically says Palin's good looking while Palin alleges the Artizona shooter is "perhaps left-leaning" based on NOTHING.

Morgan's comment was tasteless but it wasn't the cheap, basless, asinine attempt of Palin's to turn the Arizona tragedy into a left/right issue.

Last edited by burdell; 01-29-2011 at 05:23 PM..

Old 01-29-2011, 05:01 PM

956 posts, read 1,113,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
As I stated, according the quote...., "if your not a Conservative at 40, you don't have a brain" lol....many people votes the Dem. out and rather listen to Palin, Romney, Huckabee, etc. because they have a very good point and don't want to spent our way out of debt!

Palin also stands for what she believes in, although I don't agree on everything with her and probably won't vote for her, that doesn't mean that a low remark doesn't belong on tv and 2 reporters or who ever they were, who laughed so hard should be fired on the spot! The other one on the left can stay since you really could see that he wasn't too happy with the remark...
Whether you think I am naive, stupid, or dumb is irrelevant because your opinion is worthless to me. My views on Sarah Palin were cemented in place before this discussion, and they will remain that way after this discussion. Have a good day, and proof read your posts before posting them.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:13 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,528,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
He didn't attack her.
Not physically. If you don't consider his demeaning disgusting comments about her a verbal attack then I would like to know what is.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Not physically. If you don't consider his demeaning disgusting comments about her a verbal attack then I would like to know what is.
It may have been tasteless but see #433, it certainly wasn't tasteless to the level of Palin's cheap, baseless BS. She deserves eveything she gets.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:25 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,297,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
the new era of civility means the right has to be civil and what the left says is all OK. The lefties will come on and say well he apologized . So then it is ok to attack on a personal level as long as you apologize.
This just further proof of the lefties hate
As if we needed more proof.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:33 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,309,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
It was a crude compliment, not a verbal attack. Morgan is not a political pundit or politician. He's a comedian. Should he have said it on prime time TV? No, but it's not the end of the world, especially considering his profession and the fact that her fans are always bragging on her good-looks. If Palin's sensibilities are so thin that a crude compliment is not something she and her fans can't slough off then she shouldn't be involved in politics. She's sure said worse about other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet
the new era of civility means the right has to be civil and what the left says is all OK. The lefties will come on and say well he apologized . So then it is ok to attack on a personal level as long as you apologize.
This just further proof of the lefties hate
Quote:
Morgan is one man, he doesn't represent the entire left and he's certainly not an important person in the grand scheme of politics. The groups being asked to more civil are the professions---the political commentators, pundits, news people, columnists and politicians.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 01-29-2011 at 05:52 PM..

Old 01-29-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
As if we needed more proof.
What you don't need is more hypocrisy, your never ending supply is evident in the feigned outrage over Morgan's comment while being so willing to give Palin a pass for all of her hateful, asinine, inane, baseless BS.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:41 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,728,178 times
In the end I think Palin only will get more supporters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies