Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 06:22 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Sorry but your military experience means zip, whether you get it or not society is not the military. Someone stocking helmets in a warehouse dosen't impress me (for those that like to scream they were in the military) and if you want to compare yardsticks in term of military service, combat training, and firing on actual enemies. Go back and read my old posts, I don't have time to type that much tonight.

Please don't compare my service to yours, it's immature and a losing game.

I don't waste too much time in circular , hypothetical debates, so whatever you want it to be is fine if it's works for you.

To anyone who likes their freedom and uses their brains, please don't shoot anyone in the back and think you'll walk free.
Twist it a little more why don't ya....

YOU brought up that you were a cop...I guess the donut eating cops have all the experience in the world, right....and yes, because you brought it up shows how immature you really are...

We are not shooting people in the back because we want to...

You brought up MANY MANY more hypothetical questions than I....I guess because your a cop that makes all the difference...

So everyone listen to this cop and do not defend yourself....even if you have a CCW,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Silly waste of time. How old...oh never mind. No one stated that ccw armed people did not save lives, why bring such silliness up. .
Because you brought up how many people are killed by "STRAW" bullets...

But hey, your right...I have no idea what shooting a person is like, because being a cop and being in WAR is exactly the same....

Old 01-28-2011, 06:38 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Because you brought up how many people are killed by "STRAW" bullets...

But hey, your right...I have no idea what shooting a person is like, because being a cop and being in WAR is exactly the same....
I see you got this wrong also...seems to be the norm for you. Tell you what just to shut you up and end this thing.

In terms of comparing service I wasen't referring to Law Enforcement...which you have none.

I was referring to military service and as I stated you really don't want to get into that issue, I just don't feel like rehashing old news for new people trying to make a name for themselves on a message board.

The bottom line is this, your military service means shT when you get into a court.
How much criminal law have you studied?..use of deadly force?..constitutional law?..civil rights law?..forget it.

Here try this on, when you have studied and passed these courses then come back and advise everyone:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mc...1_342561_7.pdf

Feel free to have the last word, my point is proven, even if you don't get it.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
I see you got this wrong also...seems to be the norm for you. Tell you what just to shut you up and end this thing.
Nope, because you think I'm wrong means noting...

Quote:
In terms of comparing service I wasen't referring to Law Enforcement...which you have none.
So being in law enforcement and being military, what the difference if you shoot someone?...You have failed again...

Quote:
I was referring to military service and as I stated you really don't want to get into that issue, I just don't feel like rehashing old news for new people trying to make a name for themselves on a message board.
You brought up you were a cop...hat does that have to do with anything in this thread....?

Quote:
The bottom line is this, your military service means shT when you get into a court.
Once again you have failed....being a cop has what to do with how people react with a CCW? FAILED.........again...but I bet you are used to it...failing...

Quote:
How much criminal law have you studied?..use of deadly force?..constitutional law?..civil rights law?..forget it.
None what so ever, but what does that have to do with how people react when being beat down...

Judge, I had a gun...but there were so many, I felt that if I shoot...I may have hit someone in the back....Oh wait....you cannot say anything if your dead...

Quote:
Here try this on, when you have studied and passed these courses then come back and advise everyone:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mc...1_342561_7.pdf
WOW a test...you passed it...enough said...

Quote:
Feel free to have the last word, my point is proven, even if you don't get it.
Because your a cop...I guess you must be right...even after everything you have said...I have proved you wrong in every way...

No need to be ashamed...you may need to go to therapy..

Old 01-28-2011, 07:06 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The reason I no longer visit the US...It's not the criminals I'm afraid of but the so called "law abiding' citizens that carry concealed handguns...Did you know that more than 1,500 people are killed every year just in road rage incidents by these gun nuts?
oh, the irony of the name and post.

Drive pleasantly and carefully and most people would hardly give you/your car/whatever a second glance, just don't try to race them, cut them off, etc.

I joined the ranks of gun-owning Americans today with my first firearm, a Colt 1911 Series 80 Officers' ACP. I plan on buying plenty of ammo for practice and getting my CC license this summer after my birthday (will have more time then)

Old 01-28-2011, 07:22 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Seriously doubt that I would ever be in that situation, but even if I were, I would give them whatever money I had. If they still were intent on beating, I would get beaten but at least one of them would get beaten as well.
Do you honestly believe many victims of a violent crime believed they would be a victim the day it happened to them?

Some criminals aren't after money, it's just icing on the cake after the damage is done. Having read through a number of your posts I doubt you will understand that it just isn't possible to appease all that mean you harm.

As far as you getting beaten but at least one of them suffering the same fate goes good luck with that. There's a much better chance one of the attackers will suffer minimal discomfort from a few ineffective blows from you while you're languishing in a hospital in a vegetative state.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:24 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,067,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You guys like videos? Well here are a whole bunch you can enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ries=25&page=2
As I recall, someone asked for stats to support your claim. Not videos.
I'm kind of curious myself. IIRC, You claimed 1500 people in the US get shot in road rage incidents annually. I don't know myself but since you seem to have this number, I would appreciate you sharing the source. Thanks.

I'm not much of a video kind of guy. I prefer data over some guy on you-tube if you wouldn't mind.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:18 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
I'll just cut to the chase here and answer the OP's question.

I'm too old to fight and too proud to run.

There's an old saying, "Never pick a fight with an old man, he'll probably just shoot you."

Old 01-28-2011, 09:28 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I'll just cut to the chase here and answer the OP's question.

I'm too old to fight and too proud to run.

There's an old saying, "Never pick a fight with an old man, he'll probably just shoot you."
I'm in my mid 30s and in good shape but I'm not going to take any chances with a group of wild, opportunistic animals like the ones seen in this video.

People want to know why anyone would need a handgun that holds more than 10 rounds, this video is perfect proof. The minute that piece of trash came under that railing to attack he would have been shot dead and his buddies would have needed to make a really quick choice of whether they wanted to die too or run. People like this deserve to die, they don't deserve a day in court or a second chance. I don't think there's anything in my pockets worth dying for but I have no problem letting you make that choice for yourself.

Old 01-29-2011, 02:57 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
As I recall, someone asked for stats to support your claim. Not videos.
I'm kind of curious myself. IIRC, You claimed 1500 people in the US get shot in road rage incidents annually. I don't know myself but since you seem to have this number, I would appreciate you sharing the source. Thanks.

I'm not much of a video kind of guy. I prefer data over some guy on you-tube if you wouldn't mind.
You need a lesson on how to use a search engine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies