Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 05:54 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,174,412 times

Advertisements

I am curious what you think are the personality types for each party.

I know this board can get crazy with name calling and such but I want a serious discussion without all the hate. This is strictly opinion.

Liberals: outgoing, artistic, creative, open to new experiences (risk taking)

Liberals are more likely to be involved in Journalism, Art, and Law.

Conservatives: tend to be religious, introverted, clutter free, better with saving money.

Conservatives are more likely to be involved in Finance, Construction, and Farming.

This is just my opinion. Of course people might fall in both areas. You all are open to yours too

Last edited by BacktoBlue; 01-28-2011 at 07:05 PM..

Old 01-28-2011, 06:09 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
Liberals: the good traits
Creative, more social.
The bad: they seem to have more of a sense of entiltlement, they want things to be "fair" even if they didn't earn it. Not really focused (meaning all my libby friends cannot and do not have their sh*& together. They flake on alot of things.)

Conservatives: the good traits
Reliable, have a live and let live attitude toward things. If they don't like something, they don't watch it, buy it, they don't go out and sue to get it off the shevles or off the tv.
Hard working.

The Bad:
Trying to think of one!

Old 01-28-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Liberals: the good traits
Creative, more social.
The bad: they seem to have more of a sense of entiltlement, they want things to be "fair" even if they didn't earn it. Not really focused (meaning all my libby friends cannot and do not have their sh*& together. They flake on alot of things.)

Conservatives: the good traits
Reliable, have a live and let live attitude toward things. If they don't like something, they don't watch it, buy it, they don't go out and sue to get it off the shevles or off the tv.
Hard working.

The Bad:
Trying to think of one!
Explain this. You are saying gays and minorities don't deserve to be treated fairly?

I think you found your negative conservative trait. Ignorance.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:16 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
Explain this. You are saying gays and minorities don't deserve to be treated fairly?

I think liberals are ignorant on many things. Most conservative don't hate gays, or want slavery to come back. Just because we don't approve of gay marriage, DOES NOT MEAN we hate gays. I know that comes as a huge shocker to you, but I want it to be known. And so in the spirit of that

Liberals: Judgmental, intolerant, backstabbing, don't know what they are talking about, pushy, controlling, racists

Old 01-28-2011, 06:18 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
I don't anticipate this turning out well...

Old 01-28-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post

They are treated fair. Gays and minorities are treated better than I am, so I don't eeeeeeven what to hear that!
I forgot ANGER as another bad Liberal trait!

Old 01-28-2011, 06:21 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Not sure I would want to speak to generalities of personality. We are all too complex to typecast.

I would probably say that in my experience people who are very partisan on either side share many more traits than you would expect. Foremost, they have a desire for black and white certainty and disdain for "nuance." They desire power and being "right." Moderates, in contrast, are more likely to embrace a degree of complexity and intermediate mental models that can be refined with more information. They enjoy learning and evolving through time. I would put Carter, Reagan, and Bush II in the first camp, and Bush I, Michael Bloomberg, and Obama in the second camp.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I think liberals are ignorant on many things. Most conservative don't hate gays, or want slavery to come back. Just because we don't approve of gay marriage, DOES NOT MEAN we hate gays. I know that comes as a huge shocker to you, but I want it to be known. And so in the spirit of that

Liberals: Judgemental, intolerant, backstabbing, don't know what they are talking about, pushy, controlling, racists
Hmm I'm pretty sure you just described conservatives.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

Liberals: Judgmental, intolerant, backstabbing, don't know what they are talking about, pushy, controlling, racists
I agree with you, but I was trying to be nice, BUT the liberal response wasn't too nice, (shocker) so might as well lay on the truth!

Old 01-28-2011, 06:23 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Conservatives have a live and let live attitude?

You have got to be kidding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies