U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-12-2011, 08:39 PM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
21,625 posts, read 18,831,317 times
Reputation: 5088

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthone View Post
Like I said you don't have to convince me that he didn't take basic math. So may be the public should turn on him. But no, your hate of the PD and what he might do will cloud all intelligent options. Like I said dealing with any politician is like dealing with the devil. I want the union to fight all the way. Every give back is forgotten as they look for more. You best chance is a NIFA freeze. No givebacks! Hope you can live with that. I can.
I do not hate the PD, the thought that I do is a farce. Just because I don't think the median base salary should be $116,000 doesn't mean I hate the PD. Just because I don't think the median salary should be almost $150,000 doesn't mean I hate the PD. Just because I don't think compensation caps should be removed resulting in some retiring chiefs taking home $800,000 + for their last year on the force in addition to a six figure pension doesn't mean I hate the PD.

We are in a situation where everyone needs to make sacrifices, and that includes those who got GOP handout after GOP handout after GOP handout for all these years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-12-2011, 11:44 PM
 
157 posts, read 150,125 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I do not hate the PD, the thought that I do is a farce. Just because I don't think the median base salary should be $116,000 doesn't mean I hate the PD. Just because I don't think the median salary should be almost $150,000 doesn't mean I hate the PD. Just because I don't think compensation caps should be removed resulting in some retiring chiefs taking home $800,000 + for their last year on the force in addition to a six figure pension doesn't mean I hate the PD.

We are in a situation where everyone needs to make sacrifices, and that includes those who got GOP handout after GOP handout after GOP handout for all these years.
Sorry you are as bad as the politicians. They don't recognize the give backs before and neither do you. I don't care if you hate cops or not. You are after the PDs check. What would you do if i was after yours. I don't care what you think cops deserve. I know whats deserved they will fight you and the politicians. Like I said, if you are lucky you'll get a freeze and screw the new guys. But what the cops have they are keeping and you cant take it away. And if the county is goin bankrupt they will retire immediatly and protect what they have earned. So good luck with your plot. Hopefully it will come true in your dreams tonight. And if it is not cops you hate why are you discussing what you would consider other overpaid civil service employees. Because teachers, NCC professors don't give you tickets. Come on. You guys are so obvious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2011, 12:17 AM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
21,625 posts, read 18,831,317 times
Reputation: 5088
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthone View Post
Sorry you are as bad as the politicians. They don't recognize the give backs before and neither do you. I don't care if you hate cops or not. You are after the PDs check. What would you do if i was after yours. I don't care what you think cops deserve. I know whats deserved they will fight you and the politicians. Like I said, if you are lucky you'll get a freeze and screw the new guys. But what the cops have they are keeping and you cant take it away. And if the county is goin bankrupt they will retire immediatly and protect what they have earned. So good luck with your plot. Hopefully it will come true in your dreams tonight. And if it is not cops you hate why are you discussing what you would consider other overpaid civil service employees. Because teachers, NCC professors don't give you tickets. Come on. You guys are so obvious

Your whole comparison if you were after my check doesn't fly because you don't pay for my check, I pay for yours. This isn't about going after the PD's check. This is about fixing the problems in the county and getting our budget back into check, Its a multi pronged approach that needs multiple things to happen to get done. One of which is increasing taxes, the other of which is getting some of the spending in check.

The reason I am going after the cops more than other county employees is because the Cops make more than everyone else. The teachers are another issue (especially the administrators and Superintendents, but thats not a County issue, nor part of the county budget problems since the county doesn't pay for them).

As far as Nassau County employee salaries go (not including various compensation packages, which the cops get the most of btw)

In 2010 Nassau Cops made up 25% of the county workforce, however the
6 highest paid in the county workforce were cops.
67 of the 70 highest paid in the county workforce were cops
114 of the 120 highest paid in the county workforce were cops
225 of the 250 highest paid in the county workforce were cops
442 of the 500 highest paid in the county workforce were cops
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2011, 01:01 AM
 
401 posts, read 467,590 times
Reputation: 164
Salaries and pensions for cops and teachers are ridiculous in both nassau and suffolk counties. These people are supposed to serve the public. Instead, their unions are fleecing the public.

I dont know about Nassau, but I know most Suffolk cops are making > 100,000 dollars per year. Most teachers retire with PENSIONS greater than 70-80k per year. That is INSANE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2011, 07:08 AM
 
157 posts, read 150,125 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Your whole comparison if you were after my check doesn't fly because you don't pay for my check, I pay for yours. This isn't about going after the PD's check. This is about fixing the problems in the county and getting our budget back into check, Its a multi pronged approach that needs multiple things to happen to get done. One of which is increasing taxes, the other of which is getting some of the spending in check.

The reason I am going after the cops more than other county employees is because the Cops make more than everyone else. The teachers are another issue (especially the administrators and Superintendents, but thats not a County issue, nor part of the county budget problems since the county doesn't pay for them).

As far as Nassau County employee salaries go (not including various compensation packages, which the cops get the most of btw)

In 2010 Nassau Cops made up 25% of the county workforce, however the
6 highest paid in the county workforce were cops.
67 of the 70 highest paid in the county workforce were cops
114 of the 120 highest paid in the county workforce were cops
225 of the 250 highest paid in the county workforce were cops
442 of the 500 highest paid in the county workforce were cops
Ever hear "I am gonna tell you for the last time". They are the highest paid because they WORKED for it. LOCKING up drunks. THAT is the system. AFTER a drunk is locked up there is testing, DA office and detention etc tec. Then there is court and oterh days. Thats they way it is. Here and the city. I don't really care about the dishes you WASH. I was saying what would you do if someone like you was after your check. So there is no comparison so why are you comparing. Did you have nightmares last night of over paid cops. I was dreaming of my expensive vacation. I want to thank you for that!!! I am going on to a warm place next week!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2011, 07:10 AM
 
157 posts, read 150,125 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydog32 View Post
Salaries and pensions for cops and teachers are ridiculous in both nassau and suffolk counties. These people are supposed to serve the public. Instead, their unions are fleecing the public.

I dont know about Nassau, but I know most Suffolk cops are making > 100,000 dollars per year. Most teachers retire with PENSIONS greater than 70-80k per year. That is INSANE.
Insane to you cause you don't have it. Most teachers have at least a master degree and 30 to 60 more credits. Many are Drs. May be you should have paid more attention in class or has a better resume.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2011, 10:20 AM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,408 posts, read 32,781,438 times
Reputation: 7329
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthone View Post
Insane to you cause you don't have it. Most teachers have at least a master degree and 30 to 60 more credits. Many are Drs. May be you should have paid more attention in class or has a better resume.
Send a letter to our governor telling him what a loser he is too and that he "should have made a better career choice" because he recognizes the insanity of the compensation system too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/07/nyregion/07cuomo.html

Quote:
More than 40 percent of New York State’s superintendents earn at least $200,000 each year in salary and benefits, Mr. Cuomo said.

“I understand that they sometimes have to manage budgets, and sometimes the budgets are difficult,” he said. “But why they get paid more than the governor of the state I really don’t understand.”
I really think even more than a 2% property tax cap, the governor of NYS should put COMPENSATION LIMITS in place, because obviously all these little school district fiefdoms will not police themselves.

And the fabled nepotism in the "LI public education system/bottomless wallet for employees" is even more disgusting than I imagined.

But according to people like YOU, they should continue to pay themselves like rock stars and rip off the taxapayers and anyone who dares criticize it is a loser themselves, like Governor Cuomo. Yeah sure tell him that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2011, 10:33 AM
 
157 posts, read 150,125 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Send a letter to our governor telling him what a loser he is too and that he "should have made a better career choice" because he recognizes the insanity of the compensation system too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/07/nyregion/07cuomo.html



I really think even more than a 2% property tax cap, the governor of NYS should put COMPENSATION LIMITS in place, because obviously all these little school district fiefdoms will not police themselves.

And the fabled nepotism in the "LI public education system/bottomless wallet for employees" is even more disgusting than I imagined.

But according to people like YOU, they should continue to pay themselves like rock stars and rip off the taxapayers and anyone who dares criticize it is a loser themselves, like Governor Cuomo. Yeah sure tell him that.
Your gov wouldn't be there if it wasn't for daddy. Are you running your daddys buisness!! I know you would like all public servants to live in housing projects and social services, but sorry , you will have to pay taxes so people can teach your kids , yours if you have any, and protect your butt in the middle of night even though you may not deserve it. Have a nice day

Last edited by truthone; 02-13-2011 at 11:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2011, 10:37 AM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
16,408 posts, read 32,781,438 times
Reputation: 7329
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthone View Post
Yor gov wouldn't be there if it wasn't for daddy. Aere you running your daddys buisness!! I know you would like all public servants to live in hous ing porjects and social services, but sorry , you will have to apy taxes so people can teach kids , your if you have any, and protect your butt in the middle of night even though you may not deserve it. Have a nice day
When you say stuff like this is when I cannot take you seriously.

Just like when you accuse anyone who thinks police comp on LI is too high of being criminals and having multiple DWIs and being "cop haters."

That is not true and is not the motiviation behind questioning much higher civil service compensation than what a non-unionized free market environment would foster. Try and structure your arguments beyond these silly accusations and you will be taken more seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2011, 10:42 AM
 
1,700 posts, read 3,375,725 times
Reputation: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthone View Post
Yor gov wouldn't be there if it wasn't for daddy. Aere you running your daddys buisness!! I know you would like all public servants to live in hous ing porjects and social services, but sorry , you will have to apy taxes so people can teach kids , your if you have any, and protect your butt in the middle of night even though you may not deserve it. Have a nice day
Maybe you are the one who should have paid attention in class. Clearly spelling and grammar requirements aren't what they used to be for CIVIL SERVANTS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top