Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-07-2011, 02:09 PM
 
157 posts, read 153,458 times
Reputation: 26

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I would hope that someone with your handle would be more interested in getting the facts but I guess its at the point where you have nothing left but insults. I know BS facts from agencies like the department of labor and NCPD reported salary and overtime information. Please feel free to share some of the sources of your "facts".
You had a problem with crime stats. Now these stats are perfect. You pick and chose whats good for you. Hey pal my pension is gonna be more than you make. And I am getting another govt job with my vet pts. So I guess your gonna have nightmares tonight ,huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-07-2011, 02:15 PM
 
157 posts, read 153,458 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
A starter house on LI is $450K what neighborhood is that?

Tell me where the people making $50-60K live becuse they are obviously surviving.
Doesn't matter where they are living because you are paying more for them than the cops and teachers. Public assistance, food stamps and TAP for their kids in college. You gonna pay one way or the other pal. Why don't you just move south and stop complaining. Or are you one of the public assistance people. You know its not only the cops that make more up here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2011, 02:57 PM
 
Location: NY, NY
1,219 posts, read 1,755,263 times
Reputation: 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthone View Post
Doesn't matter where they are living because you are paying more for them than the cops and teachers. Public assistance, food stamps and TAP for their kids in college. You gonna pay one way or the other pal. Why don't you just move south and stop complaining. Or are you one of the public assistance people. You know its not only the cops that make more up here!

I dont know if you know somebody on the force or if you're a cop yourself but you really will not face reality will you. The cops in Nassau will have to take a pay cut and they should, they are overpaid. Yes we have one of the lowest crime rates but I think that has more to do with our demographics then with our police force, IMO.

Anybody who doesnt think cops on Long Island are overpaid simply has no common sense. Sorry but its true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2011, 04:19 PM
 
Location: Long Island
32,816 posts, read 19,476,785 times
Reputation: 9618
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
I dont know if you know somebody on the force or if you're a cop yourself but you really will not face reality will you. The cops in Nassau will have to take a pay cut and they should, they are overpaid. Yes we have one of the lowest crime rates but I think that has more to do with our demographics then with our police force, IMO.

Anybody who doesnt think cops on Long Island are overpaid simply has no common sense. Sorry but its true.
wrong

nassau cops are paid just right...suffolk ok they are A LITTLE overpaid..NYPD are big time UNDERPAID
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2011, 04:40 PM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
22,182 posts, read 19,455,621 times
Reputation: 5301
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
wrong

nassau cops are paid just right...suffolk ok they are A LITTLE overpaid..NYPD are big time UNDERPAID
Interesting considering the median base salary is slightly higher in Nassau than Suffolk....


Anyway almost half the Nassau Cops make $150,000
The median household income in Nassau is $92,450
The Median family income in Nassau is $106,412
The Median male full time worker income in Nassau is $65,663
The Median female full time worker income in Nassau is $49,749

Without even including any income from a spouse, the median income for a Nassau Cop alone puts them in the top 25% of Nassau households.

Something is out of line there.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2011, 05:01 PM
 
157 posts, read 153,458 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
I dont know if you know somebody on the force or if you're a cop yourself but you really will not face reality will you. The cops in Nassau will have to take a pay cut and they should, they are overpaid. Yes we have one of the lowest crime rates but I think that has more to do with our demographics then with our police force, IMO.

Anybody who doesnt think cops on Long Island are overpaid simply has no common sense. Sorry but its true.
O thanks for that info Apology accepted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2011, 05:59 PM
 
Location: NY, NY
1,219 posts, read 1,755,263 times
Reputation: 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthone View Post
O thanks for that info Apology accepted
I wasnt apologizing, I was pointed out the fallicy in your arguements. When one person makes more than about 75% of the population of one area, where the majority of households work two jobs, saying they are not overpaid is a pretty dumb argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2011, 07:57 PM
 
157 posts, read 153,458 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
I wasnt apologizing, I was pointed out the fallicy in your arguements. When one person makes more than about 75% of the population of one area, where the majority of households work two jobs, saying they are not overpaid is a pretty dumb argument.
Looked like an apology to me and I accepted it. I am sorry you think you pay to much for the police. See now I apologized. Don't worry , they'll still come and save your butt no matter what you say. I would appreciate if you don't use "dumb". I don't want to have to report you. They are very strict here. Now like I told the other dude. I am not going over this over and over again. Go to the other thread like I said it my first few posts and you can see my arguments. In the mean time have pleasant dreams. I hope you aren't having nightmares of over paid civil service workers. You can always move south where they make less , and the cost of living is less for you to. No use beating yourself up for picking the wrong career and displacing it here every night
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2011, 09:27 PM
 
157 posts, read 153,458 times
Reputation: 26
Isn't it funny how all these threads that are titled in sme broad term like this one and LI Salaries and Pensions always comes back to cops. People that arrest people and give them tickets. And what is that Smash about something out of line. Are you a BETTER than person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2011, 09:37 PM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
22,182 posts, read 19,455,621 times
Reputation: 5301
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthone View Post
Isn't it funny how all these threads that are titled in sme broad term like this one and LI Salaries and Pensions always comes back to cops. People that arrest people and give them tickets. And what is that Smash about something out of line. Are you a BETTER than person.
Am I better than person? That doesn't even make any sense. Anyway this has nothing to do with one or the other being better than the other.

My point about the salaries being out of line is the fact that Cops salaries do not come close to matching up to median income in the region.

I have no problems with Cops (my Uncle is a retired NYC cop), I have no problems with paying cops well. However, I do not think the median base salary should be $116,000. I do not think half the cops on the force should be making $150,000 or more. I do not think we should have uncapped compensation for retiring officers, especially when cops have 18-26 sick days Annually.

The handouts the Republicans have given the PBA (whether it was Purcell, Gullotta, and the latest Mangano by removing the compensation caps) needs to end. We can't afford it period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top