Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 09:28 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,015,175 times

Advertisements

Lots of comics geeks on this thread. Or in this country. Too many. "Captain America"! Hah. Just the title makes me laugh. You folks are all still in diapers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 10:57 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,517,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
Its funny watching all the liberals get all pro-"free market" on this thread about this...."you don't like it, then don't watch it"....or "make your own movie"....or "they are trying to PROFIT in the global market"........doesn't that sound familiar to us right-wingers?

you know?...how often do we say "if you don't like your job, then don't work there" or " if you hate the way a business is ran, then start your own business" or " businesses are trying to make a PROFIT"

but that is for another thread...

Its solely not about the movie...but the growing trend and acceptance of un-patriotism ..no, un-American attitude........no one tells or expects foreigners and immigrants to learn even basic English...but America is expected to twist and bend over ass-backwards for everyone else and if you dare ask just a little in-return...well you're a racist, bigot, intolerant , etc, etc....really its not cool to say...."yeah America has a crap-ton of problems..but dammit, I love this country"...and you know what?..I really do.......but immigrants can bring their culture and freely express it with no problem and you know what?..that is their right...but you damn well better not hang an American flag too high....it might offend someone...like an immigrant..that came here...to America...on their own free will...so if they see your American "spirit" too much...here in America....could cause them to be "unconformable"...here in America...your American Flag.............you get the point.......But I am sure liberals won't

Saying anything remotely positive about America and you can be sure some liberal would be ready to tell you how "Europe" or some other place is so much better...

Face it...its not "smart" to say you love or even like America....for some reason, its much more "intellectual" to bash this place into oblivion....no matter the facts...For example...I saw this youtube video of this guy bashing America to no end...why?...well, one reason is because slavery "took to long to end"...that's right...no matter the countless lives and blood spill it took to, in-part, end slavery.....it just "took too long"....so its clear that its just to popular and "intellectual" to hate America...no matter the reason
YOU ARE MY HERO!! GO TO THE HEAD OF THE CLASS!!

You totally get what I'm saying!!

Old 01-30-2011, 10:59 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,015,175 times
Quote:
So why did you say and I quote " Yea well, as a black person, it DID take too damn long to end. In fact, it never should've existed here in the first place"......

....as if you yourself was a slave?and who said You owe me or my "damn" grandparents anything?....blazing hypocrisy....I was just making the point that freeing the slaves spilled alot of blood...white blood, right along with their fellow black blood...so still having issues with slavery as if black people were the only ones to suffer is asinine...but no, in your brilliant cognitive abilities saw that as saying that I said you "owe me or my grandparents" something.....how?....trying to figure the way the left "thinks" have puzzled me for years...

"i don't owe you any gratitude for its ending. In fact, i don't owe your damn great-grandparents a debt of gratitude "

who were the ones going around asking for "reparations"?.....who advocates "affirmative actions" ?....so you are not and will never be a slave.....so why are you upset that it delivered on their promise in "1865"?...as if you were alive then?..I never said you owe me or anyone else anything...but who is going around acting like they are "owed" something?.....see?..you see your own hypocrisy?..can't you see you are responding to things I didn't even say?...o.try harder kid...

I just mentioned the Jews because blacks always act like their the only "victims" out there....and always play the "slavery card".....you don't care about the "Jews" having it rougher?....ok when some politician come at me with some "rhetoric" about the "black community"....why should I care...its "nonsense"

"Bottom line, there is no trend towards "hating America." That's conservative talk radio tripe. This country is no less patriotic than it's ever been. You guys call "hating America" anything that you don't agree with."

Start a thread, anywhere and just say you love America...for all her flaws, but you still love her ...and watch the liberals come out of the woods to tell you how stupid you are for saying that....and somehow we're the ones who have a problem with those who don't agree with us...

Look, dude, calm yourself...your fabricated self-righteous anger that you "think" you have is flawed, misguided, and hypocritical.....you say you shouldn't be grateful to anyone because hey, no one alive today freed the slaves and then go on to be mad about slavery as if you were alive during its time..........by the way, not every family owned slaves..why?..well you had to be wealthy to do so.....so why should I give a damn about your ancestors when my family never owned any?....but I bet you feel as if I should feel some "guilt" and be "sensitive" to you about it...nope...get over it...you can't...well too damn bad.
What's with all the ellipses? Were you falling off the soap box and grabbing the rail?

Old 01-30-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
It happens all the time. You think Batman Begins / The Dark Knight have much in common with the original? Batman was one hokey fool back in the day.

Anyway, it has nothing to do with being anti-American. We have simply evolved into a global society now where the arbitrary boundaries of nations are fading quickly just as the arbitrary boundaries of states faded. The market responds by creating art and entertainment that reflect this globalization.
That shows that you know nothing about Batman or you'd know that the "hokey Batman" from the TV show was not how Batman was created "originally". He was deadly serious. Even carried a gun.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Read the OP more carefully again.....he is stating that the growing trend in Hollywood and elsewhere that its not cool to be "patriotic" anymore..."Captain America" was just the latest example
, BINGO!!

Old 01-30-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Have any of you griping about this even read any Captain America stories? Honestly?
Been a collector since I was 8.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:50 AM

545 posts, read 399,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
What's with all the ellipses? Were you falling off the soap box and grabbing the rail?

its just the way I post....I try to get my point across as clearly as I can and they usually end up long-winded...lol.....I just use ellipses to make it easier to read....

but even with all my effort, people still get it wrong...like you...look at my posts and how lengthy they are and this is the best you can do?...and its not just you...others have done this too...make drive by post that mentions none of my points or even try to counter them.

"Were you falling off the soap box and grabbing the rail".....really?...all that I have posted and your issues are with.....ellipses?......quite frankly I am getting bored with this.....I have seen liberals do better on youtube...and their comments are limited to 300 characters or less...here you people are free to post as much as you want...and you whine about "ellipses"?...come on...

Last edited by EricGold; 01-31-2011 at 01:02 AM..

Old 01-31-2011, 01:06 AM

37,097 posts, read 42,098,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Which is like saying Jesus was only a good person with some really neat ideas.
If he was even real this is probably correct.

Getting upset over a comic interpretation is amusing to me. Y'all must have wet your pants over the 1991 version, which is rated the #1 WORST comic book movie ever..Best & Worst Comic-Book Movies - Comics Feature at IGN

Old 01-31-2011, 09:13 AM

28,355 posts, read 16,317,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
YOU ARE MY HERO!! GO TO THE HEAD OF THE CLASS!!

You totally get what I'm saying!!

And you're both welcome to your opinions. We'll agree to disagree.

On a related note, if your post was really about Hollywood or American society in general, you shouldn't have focused so much on this one movie - that made it seem like it was all about the movie, at least IMO. I wasn't being obtuse or intentionally dense, I really did not get your OP, if that was the true message. I don't think I'm the only one, either, judging from the posts in this thread.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:19 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,111,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Actually, he is all about patriotism. Hence, Captain AMERICA!

Patriotism is a fine thing.
Nationalistic chauvinism is not.

I think many on the Right don't know the difference any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies