Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 01:38 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Sure, it's easy to drag a dead man's name through the mud.
lol... As if he'd come here and defend himself if he were still alive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 01:40 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming2 View Post
I have been talking about how much damage RR has done to America. I have felt like a lone voice.
Well now there are 2 of you.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:41 PM

2,514 posts, read 1,986,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Well now there are 2 of you.
Somehow I feel twive as lonely. Reagn kicked off a really big debt bubble that has ruined the American nation.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:43 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,032,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
lol... As if he'd come here and defend himself if he were still alive?
Perhaps not, but most modern presidents (aside from Kennedy, obviously) later published detailed memoirs that outlined their decision making process, gave insight into their thoughts on the issues, etc. In Reagan's case he never had the opportunity to write a book, so people make shyt up as they go along, as evidenced by the OP.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:50 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Ronald Reagan wasn't the saint many believe he is.........

"It may take many more years before a mainstream politician or a journalist who cares about future employment dares speak truthfully about Reagan and the grievous harm that his presidency inflicted on the American Republic and the people of the Earth."

Ronald Reagan's 30-Year Time Bombs

Now it comes out that Ronald Reagan may have had Alzheimer's.......

"Suspicion that Reagan might have Alzheimer's surfaced during the 1984 election when he lost his train of thought in his first debate with Democrat Walter Mondale."

Ron Reagan Jr. Says Father May Have Had Alzheimer's While President
why don't we just go back a little farther and blame also the founding father too. that article is an opinion base on no facts at all, any one can write that kind of b.s. and I though liberals were the smart ones I guess that . is also b.s.

Last edited by gysmo; 01-29-2011 at 02:04 PM..

Old 01-29-2011, 01:53 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,032,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
why dont we just go back a little farther and blame also the funding father too. that atrcle is an opinion base on no facts at all, any one can write that kind of b.s. and I though liberals were the smart ones I guess that . is also b.s.
This is why, it is a sales pitch, trying to pander to the more gullible segment of the population. From the bottom of the OP link:

Quote:
For more on these topics, see Robert Parry’s Lost History and Secrecy & Privilege, which are now available with Neck Deep, in a three-book set for the discount price of only $29.

His latest book, Neck Deep: The Disastrous Presidency of George W. Bush, was written with two of his sons, Sam and Nat [snip] His two previous books, Secrecy & Privilege: The Rise of the Bush Dynasty from Watergate to Iraq and Lost History: Contras, Cocaine, the Press & 'Project Truth' are also available there.
I suppose if you like conspiracy theories these books would be a fine complement to the tin foil hat.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:55 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
why dont we just go back a little farther and blame also the funding father too. that atrcle is an opinion base on no facts at all, any one can write that kind of b.s. and I though liberals were the smart ones I guess that . is also b.s.
Even Reagan Wasn't a Reagan Republican - Newsweek

Reagan Policies Gave Green Light to Red Ink (washingtonpost.com)

Old 01-29-2011, 02:07 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Emergency medical care act.

Mandating that hospitals and ER's must care for every person, regardless of their ability to pay for that care, then not setting up a system to pay for that?

Yeah, real smart.

Ronald Reagan and the congress beneath him are responsible for the 300% increase in medical costs and insurance rates today.

Thanks gipper.

The United States Misery Index By President (http://www.miseryindex.us/indexbyPresident.asp - broken link)

This best explains what we thought about Carternomics...

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=18 - broken link)

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=17 - broken link)

Old 01-29-2011, 02:11 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The United States Misery Index By President (http://www.miseryindex.us/indexbyPresident.asp - broken link)

This best explains what we thought about Carternomics...

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=18 - broken link)

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=17 - broken link)
Did I say that Carter wasn't a bad President?

Never said that.

What I'm saying is that President Reagan was a worse President, whose decade was salvaged by the collapse of the Soviet Union which was really the result of American foreign policy set forth since Eisenhower.

Reagan didn't win the cold war, he carried the ball across the goal line, from the one yard line.

Ronald Reagan caused our insurance rates to increase, medical rates to go up, fueled the military industrial complex that didn't need any more fuel, increased the national debt, and caused wealth to be taken from middle class and increased the wealth of the super rich.

Reagan was a bad President, period.

Old 01-29-2011, 02:23 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times
As an aside, we will never invade North Korea. Unless we want to fight China, as well. North Korea is the insane bulldog on China's back porch.

The article.. had a lot of stuff to say.

The Reagan Legacy .....answer to domestic problems is always to cut taxes

Even Reagan Raised Taxes - Forbes.com

Things that it said were wrong, though. Whch makes it hard to believe the rest is right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies