Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 05:44 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,903,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
A combat wounded veteran can never get too much from the nation they defended. We should be embarassed to even pose the question, particularly those of us who have not made a comparable sacrifice.
This, exactly. I can't say anything more fitting than what you have already written.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 06:03 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,238,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
is bachmann a liberal??? she sure sounds like it

liberals never like the military or the vets

liberals are the ones who axed the VA for the last 3 decades
Ha! Not on your life. If anything, it has been the conservatives who have always been opposed to "entitlements" for veterans. You see, once a servicemember crosses the civilian line, they are outside of the scope of the military budget, and as such are as good as any other social liability. By contrast, since the Dems have been in Congress, I've seen my VA benefits increase twice.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:15 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Are you a veteran ?
No.

I am a business woman.

I would not take a dime away from the men/women who served.

But, I think some administration cost could be looked at.

Anything the goverment runs is likely full of waste.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:27 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,061 times
Hmmm, I am from MN where that embarrassment of a republican lives under her rock.

My hope is that through divine intervention she wins the 2012 ticket on the R side and keeps talking about cutting VA benefits. Death to the republicans for sure!

I honestly hate, hate, hate these people. I mean, honestly, WTF? Some stupid bimbette from the tundra Miss Queen Tea Partier has the "whatever" to even propose something like this?

I wish her one million nights of bad dreams.

And I don't want to sidetrack, but she is NOT the first republican who has wanted to cut benefits to the Vets. Think Bush43.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:40 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Hmmm, I am from MN where that embarrassment of a republican lives under her rock.

My hope is that through divine intervention she wins the 2012 ticket on the R side and keeps talking about cutting VA benefits. Death to the republicans for sure!

I honestly hate, hate, hate these people. I mean, honestly, WTF? Some stupid bimbette from the tundra Miss Queen Tea Partier has the "whatever" to even propose something like this?

I wish her one million nights of bad dreams.

And I don't want to sidetrack, but she is NOT the first republican who has wanted to cut benefits to the Vets. Think Bush43.
The Giffords would be so happy to read this ridiculous post.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:22 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
If folks want to cut spending on services to veterans, then the only way I see this should happen is to cut the number of veterans in the first place by minding our own porch more and stop promulgating wars abroad.

Any man or woman who places their life up for stake for the benefit of the nation should never have to want for any medical care, no matter what the cost, even if it means the citizens have to suck it up tighten their belts. Cutting ANY benefits to soldiers means we have failed to hold up our end of the agreement with our veterans and nothing is more disgusting than the worlds wealthiest nation playing cheap with its soldiers.

Again, if it cost too much then stop invading nations like Iraq or maintaining so much massive military bloat in places like Germany and the gazillion other bases we have abroad and start minding our own porch a little better. Don't even think about laying this on veterans.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:22 PM

320 posts, read 290,394 times
They don't get enough.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:27 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Are you ex 11B ? CIB ? Purple heart ?
Funny that about soldiers, we went and fought where our governments wanted us to.
In return we expected a hole in the ground if we got the chop, or to be taken care of if wounded.
I have a suspicion that those in favour of chopping payments to wounded soldiers have never served and have no intention of ever serving.

yes 11z, 12Z, 13Z and 63Z

retired after 25 years as a First Sergeant.. and a I am a wounded combat Vet

democrats have a history of chopping the military and the VA..its just the way they are

and to me it sound like bachmann is sounding like a wacky neo-con.(former democrat) which love to spend, and talk a bunch of cutting, and then cut the military......its like the 1990's the military (personnel and equipment) was cut in half..to include the VA, YET the BUDGET INCREASED...go figure that

the democrats (clinton and cohen) went full-bull on privatizing with in the military (civilian cooks etc) .... then 're-organized' the reserve/ng side so that the NG's (once for CONTENTAL defense) had ALL the combat arms units, while the reserve units had the combat support..that is why the national guard is getting deployed away from their states to theater....even au grub was national guard troops that screwedthepooch, not the active side.

Last edited by workingclasshero; 01-30-2011 at 08:40 PM..

Old 01-30-2011, 08:30 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_lexus View Post
the fine job this president is doing.
lol!

Old 01-30-2011, 08:31 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
If folks want to cut spending on services to veterans, then the only way I see this should happen is to cut the number of veterans in the first place by minding our own porch more and stop promulgating wars abroad.

Any man or woman who places their life up for stake for the benefit of the nation should never have to want for any medical care, no matter what the cost, even if it means the citizens have to suck it up tighten their belts. Cutting ANY benefits to soldiers means we have failed to hold up our end of the agreement with our veterans and nothing is more disgusting than the worlds wealthiest nation playing cheap with its soldiers.

Again, if it cost too much then stop invading nations like Iraq or maintaining so much massive military bloat in places like Germany and the gazillion other bases we have abroad and start minding our own porch a little better. Don't even think about laying this on veterans.
I could not agree more! It disgusts me that someone of her ilk has the nerve to even propose something like this.

People will try to make this a right-left issue. It isn't. It's a HUMANITY issue and what is the RIGHT THING TO DO issue.

Simply disgusting and I have nothing else to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies