Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 01:31 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
There is a newsworthy parts of that article.

There are FACTS.

One FACT is that Wright was invited to speak there.

Another FACT is that "liberal speakers are routinely invited and that ultra-liberal speakers including Wright and Angela Davis are occasionally invited. No one seems to think it strange that avowed communists and those with significant criminal backgrounds are paid to speak on campus at considerable expense to the taxpayer. But politically conservative speakers are scarce and in the case of John McCain and Sarah Palin pay for the privilege of using campus facilities."
You are trying too hard to explain to one who hasn't read the opinion piece and probably won't. Facts are tripping blocks to lefties.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:32 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Progressive talk, there Bob. Of course, it is necessary to protect those kids from conservative ideas while they are getting their 4 years of indoctrination. You did read that part of Adams' words, didn't you.
There are plenty of private colleges that people can send their children to that have very conservative leanings. Why is it I doubt they invite Liberal speakers very often.
Casper

Old 01-31-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You can post definitions from Merrima-Webster, online dictionaries, wherever, but that does not change the fact that an op-ed piece is OPINION, not fact.

Perhaps you should look up Op-Ed.
Read Kooblekar's facts that are, indeed, in the writing. You may find that for once you are sounding like the uninformed, (failed to read the link) people who want to argue their points from absolute ignorance of what is in the writing.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So one "liberal" colleague doesn't want Glenn Beck. Big whoop! My daughter's college made a point to have a diversity of campus speakers. They even had that biatch, Ann Coulter.
I see that your daughter must not be attending the Colorado college that hired that Churchhill lefty.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Did they strip search her looking for her gun? Maybe they could have gotten to the botom of that adams apple she sports. Jeeez, I am Bad
Casper
You aren't Bad but you do seem to be among those who are arguing about this piece without first reading it.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Once they stop living at home and begin paying bills, they'll wake up.
The Communist arousers of the 1920s and 30s reasoned just the opposite of that way. They knew that when those kids get away from home they are very easy to influence especially if it is the opposite reasoning they were hearing at home. The military prefer those kids because they are so easy to influence, also.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:46 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
This seems like the way that all liberal professors at Left State U think. (What else do they have there?)

When the writer of this gem asked a liberal colleague if some conservative speakers shouldn't be hired the reply was "What do you want, Glenn Beck? That sounds to me like this man feared anything that far right but he would be very happy to have Jeremiah Wright speak to students.

Also, the author points out that those liberal profs seem to have the attitude that they have finally won the battle and since the students were listening to their conservative parents for 18 years it was now time for liberals to influence them for 4 years. I guess they don't count those first 10 or so years as kind of politically nothing for those kids.

Left State University - Mike Adams - Townhall Conservative

Why are you conservos so afraid of professors?

Old 01-31-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post

I sure did! And once my husband and I became very successful and realized how the libs wanted to fleece us, I become even more conservative.
I am not allowed to rep you.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:48 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
You aren't Bad but you do seem to be among those who are arguing about this piece without first reading it.
\
Sorry Roy but it is YOU that are assuming you know something you do not. I already told ya that I did read it, THAT is how I discovered that it is an OP-ED, meaning it is an opinion piece and I try not wasting too much time arguing the points of OP-Eds because it is automatically biased towards the writers own Opinion and they rarely include all the facts needed to prove or disprove the Opinion presented. I hear the righties always whining about how the Lefties control the Universities and even that they will be threatened with bad grades if they do not share in Liberal ideals. Funny thing is in the two Universities I attended I never found any such thing and no one I have asked has either, how do you explain that?
Casper

Old 01-31-2011, 01:50 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
I see that your daughter must not be attending the Colorado college that hired that Churchhill lefty.
Actually, both my daughters attended the Colorado university that fired Ward Churchill. The one that I referenced went there to grad school, the other for undergrad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies