Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2011, 04:58 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebri View Post
I really wish republicans everywhere would just admit that their opposition has nothing to do with they they say and everything to do with

1. Insurance industry is afraid of falling profits and not able to jack up prices wherever they see fit so they buy republicans to go against healthcare.

2. Racism; Republicans and /or conservatives in general can't stand the idea of someone who who does not look like them to get government supported healthcare.
Enough with the accusations of racism, when none exists. I know you Lefties have no legitimate argument, and have to resort to false accusations to attempt to silence those you disagree with. But it's really getting old, and only makes them look ignorant and petty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 05:00 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Now THIS is beautiful; Surely we all remember candidate obama's words....don't we?

Judge uses Obama's words against him - Washington Times

Quote:
“I note that in 2008, then-Senator Obama supported a health care reform proposal that did not include an individual mandate because he was at that time strongly opposed to the idea, stating that ‘if a mandate was the solution, we can try that to solve homelessness by mandating everybody to buy a house,’†Judge Vinson wrote in a footnote toward the end of the 78-page ruling Monday.
I wonder if the judge also stated obama's adamant denial the mandate was a tax and then 360 vomit-inducing spin that yes indeed, it is a tax while arguing the case before the court.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:01 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Health insurance ALWAYS goes up. It would have gone up with or without the new law.

Health insurance premiums have been going up long before Obama even took office and will continue to do so as long as insurance providers are "for profit" enterprises.

National Health Care is the way to go........Obama's health care changes were at least a step in the right direction.

I see nothing wrong with requiring people to buy health insurance based on their income. They will just have to give up their pay TV, top of the line cell phone service, etc., instead of relying on my insurance premiums to pay for their health care.
You get this is a free country, right? That I can CHOOSE to buy a TV, cell phone, etc if I want.

You know ObamaCare as about insurance, not healthcare, right?

And I'm a little confused as to how you're FOR nationalized care, but resent paying for people who don't have insurance.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:04 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

I see nothing wrong with requiring people to buy health insurance based on their income. They will just have to give up their pay TV, top of the line cell phone service, etc., instead of relying on my insurance premiums to pay for their health care.
You see nothing wrong with mandating that individuals buy a product that should be voluntarily purchased?
We buy car insurance cause you can't drive without it. Is this the road we want to go down with health care? Fining people and denying care? That old emergency room problem will still be there, though. This plan is a mess and was rushed through. Now maybe those that legislate will have time to go through it and straighten it out, both dems and reps. If this was supposed to be Obama's big legacy maker, it's turned out to be a boondoggle.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:04 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Additionally, good luck switching companies if 85% of the market in your state is controlled by 1 insurer, or you get your policy through your job.
That's why the GOP proposed a possibility of buying health insurance across state lines.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What percentage of bankruptcies filed in the USA happen due to medical reasons? And that includes a LOT of people who have health insurance. When that has been happening, no, things are not quite as simple as suggesting... all was right.
People claim this all the time, that families are ruined due to medical reasons. I've only seen anecdotal evidence. Do you have info on how many bankruptcies are related to health care/insurance? If so, so share.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:09 PM

[quote=Nayabone;17661641

T-publicans! I love that phrase! It's a winner, and much better than WTF!
Go, girl!

Old 01-31-2011, 05:10 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,391,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
That's why the GOP proposed a possibility of buying health insurance across state lines.
So what? There are maybe just a handful of major insurers nationwide, not nearly enough to allow for meaningful competition.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:11 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
The democrats rejected croosss state plans at the insistane of the unions pluys allowing memebers choice of the pool if cheaper.With the mandates you wouldn't be able to sue anyway as far as insurnce company following the plan. The tort reform is suing medical providers which now Obama says he accepts. One thing to remember is that Obama actually in the campaign was against making it mandatory saying he estimated 15 million will not buy it and enforcement is imposssible really.Kind of lie enfrocing illegal i the country really. That was the big debate issue between He and Hillary.My componay has adopted the mandates to be grandfther as of last October and the premiums are higher large increases in deductab'e;copays and maximum out pof pocket because of the increased coverage mandated. That plus new hires if they retire before meidcare will get no compoany contribution but they can stay i the plan payig fulll cost.After they retire nothing. Mines has gone up but luckily the terms of emplyment mean that company will continue to contribute i per centage promised to aviod legal suits.A huge trust is being paid into for ten years to cover thsoe already employed in retirement, Then zilch for new hires.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:12 PM

[quote=steven_h;17661781]

Did you mean midwife, or midlife?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies