Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2011, 09:40 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
This healthcare scam needs to be REPEALED and replaced with a sane bill that our representitives have read out in the open!

I think the Repubs should read the Law in total, in the open. I also think the Repub minions be mandated to listen to them do it. It may help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 09:46 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think the Repubs should read the Law in total, in the open. I also think the Repub minions be mandated to listen to them do it. It may help.
We did that during the march in DC.

We each read two pages.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:50 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
This healthcare scam needs to be REPEALED and replaced with a sane bill that our representitives have read out in the open!
Replaced? Why? If it is unconstitutional for Congress to usurp the power to regulate health care away from the states, then anything they enact into law that does the same thing is equally unconstitutional. Congress needs to stick with the powers they were granted the by the US Constitution, and stay out of health care.

The best thing Congress can do that would benefit us and the health care industry in general is tort reform, but they won't.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:51 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,362,805 times
Quote:
Ooh - "minions" - that hurts almost as much as "ilk". If I had nothing better than lame taunts and insults I would be embarrassed to post. You could learn a thing or two from Annie, who intelligently expresses real ideas that are actually worthy of discussion.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:53 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
Ooh - "minions" - that hurts almost as much as "ilk". If I had nothing better than lame taunts and insults I would be embarrassed to post. You could learn a thing or two from Annie, who intelligently expresses real ideas that are actually worthy of discussion.
Yes, Annie does!!!

Old 02-02-2011, 09:56 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:

I agree! That way the Dims will finally know the nightmare they passed.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:00 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Replaced? Why? If it is unconstitutional for Congress to usurp the power to regulate health care away from the states, then anything they enact into law that does the same thing is equally unconstitutional. Congress needs to stick with the powers they were granted the by the US Constitution, and stay out of health care.

The best thing Congress can do that would benefit us and the health care industry in general is tort reform, but they won't.

We do need some changes/reform to our healthcare just not the power grab by the left. Insurance across state lines wuld have an instant effect on driving down costs. There is so much they could do without government control over our health. Of course hussein obama's and the Dems plans had nothing to do with heathcare. It had everything to do with more control over our very lives. If they had any real concerns about our health, they would have read the bill word for word and they would not have hidden what was in it behind closed doors.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:00 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
It would be better if the dems read it....because you know....we have to pass it before we know whats in it.....

Oh...and the dems STILL don't know whats in it....

Old 02-02-2011, 10:03 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well at least obama wont be in the WH when it happens....
We will see

Old 02-02-2011, 10:05 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I'm in good shape, too. In fact, this summer, I completed a workout that consisted of: 1 mile run, 100 pull-ups, 200 push-ups, 300 air squats, 1 mile run in less than 50 mins (clock never stops).

As I type this I'm on crutches for the next 6 weeks after having arthroscopic surgery on my knee from a basketball injury in Dec. Bad things happen - that's what insurance is for.

Being healthy and in shape doesn't guarantee you won't need medical care.

I have no idea what the total bill for my surgery was, but I'm certain I'll be glad I didn't have to come out of pocket for it!
So well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies