Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2010, 04:23 PM

50,366 posts, read 63,948,892 times

Advertisements

I have no idea if what you say is true, but if it is, who can blame them with the current President?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 06:57 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,937,231 times
Take the advice of economiics professionals, Paul krugman comes to mind. he is spot on, maybe the sharpest tack in the drawer these days anywhere. Politics always seems to find a leaky roof, even in the simplest forms. Face the facts, business is coming back, getting stronger, things are on the upswing.... Mark my words, in 6 months ,we will have inflation, lots of jobs for qualified workers, and a growing economy with homes prices , home building , on the come back as well.
The biggest problem is we did not do enough Stimilus, not that we did too much. Construction jobs would have been on the up side, had there been more infrastructure spending.

Old 10-09-2010, 07:20 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Take the advice of economiics professionals, Paul krugman comes to mind. he is spot on, maybe the sharpest tack in the drawer these days anywhere. Politics always seems to find a leaky roof, even in the simplest forms. Face the facts, business is coming back, getting stronger, things are on the upswing....Mark my words, in 6 months ,we will have inflation, lots of jobs for qualified workers, and a growing economy with homes prices , home building , on the come back as well.
The biggest problem is we did not do enough Stimilus, not that we did too much.
Construction jobs would have been on the up side, had there been more infrastructure spending.

Are you serious?You better come up for some air and take a good look around at what's really happening out there!

EconomicPolicyJournal.com: Bernanke Tells the Truth: The United States is on the Brink of Financial Disaster

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/05/bu...ties.html?_r=2

Median Household Income Is Falling In Almost Every Single Major American City

15 Bone Chilling Signs That Part Two Of The Double Dip Housing Crash Has Begun

Old 10-09-2010, 07:30 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,362,653 times
And now with this foreclosure moratorium, we have the ugly prospect of huge numbers of distressed properties hitting the market all at once...

Old 10-09-2010, 09:22 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Individuals are hoarding their cash as well and who can blame them?

U.S. Consumers' September Spending Matches 2010 Low

I could spend, but I won't. I don't know how his ruinous policies will effect my family for one and for two, I don't want to enable his policies.

Old 10-09-2010, 03:56 PM

I see what is happening. I am in the business of logistics for the industrial machinery industry. Sales are through the roof ! We have never been so busy , since 3 years ago , maybe more. There is a shortage of drivers, our customers are hiring, people are working overtime.... When a company spends 500,000 for a small machine , to make somthing , and they are buying , ...it tells me somthing. It tells me that the recovery is coming. We are the first to see things improve, 6 months ahead of the jobs and the retail economy, its always been that way.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Individuals are hoarding their cash as well and who can blame them?

U.S. Consumers' September Spending Matches 2010 Low

I could spend, but I won't. I don't know how his ruinous policies will effect my family for one and for two, I don't want to enable his policies.
Spending is the only out, the only way to grow the economy...along with some inflation. We need your tax dollars , your buying of goods, and some fath in the American ability to grow,do, and make things happen.
WWII got us out of the Great Depression, once and forall.... I know its all about jobs , but of you and others don't spend , buy , we will never get out of this mess. Consumers must start buying again, tax cuts for the rich won't do anything.... getting a grip on the world unfair money manulapation ( China) , will make a difference also. Its all in the hands of the consumer, like it or not. The stimulas has worked , look at the real numbers...nine months of not loosing jobs means somthing. Money is cheap, infrastructure is crumbling, we need to spend NOW , and we will grow our way out.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:21 PM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,362,653 times
If I squint real hard I can just make out a huge wave of prosperity out there on the horizon, getting closer by the minute. Wait a minute - that's not prosperity, it's... it's the national debt!

Old 10-09-2010, 04:29 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
I see what is happening. I am in the business of logistics for the industrial machinery industry. Sales are through the roof ! We have never been so busy , since 3 years ago , maybe more. There is a shortage of drivers, our customers are hiring, people are working overtime.... When a company spends 500,000 for a small machine , to make somthing , and they are buying , ...it tells me somthing. It tells me that the recovery is coming. We are the first to see things improve, 6 months ahead of the jobs and the retail economy, its always been that way.
What most folks don't realize is that employment is the LAST thing to come back. The stock market has been on the upswing and it is a leading economic indicator. Earnings season just started and it will be interesting to see how companies performed in the third quarter.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:32 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
What most folks don't realize is that employment is the LAST thing to come back. The stock market has been on the upswing and it is a leading economic indicator. Earnings season just started and it will be interesting to see how companies performed in the third quarter.
No it's not. These are the economic indicators:

Economic Indicators.gov
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies