Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2011, 08:43 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,455,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Well then, you are simply wrong.

Islamic fundamentalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read up.
I see in that article plenty of reasons for not choosing to migrate to a state governed by Islamic fundamentalists, but nothing that contradicts my statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 08:44 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,722,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Again, Beck says these riots are a part of an attempt of MB to create a global capliphate, and that is simply not true, because the riots took MB by a complete surprise. When they started MB tried to figure out how to benefit from them, but they still don't know. That is a fact, and if you didn't know it, then you have not been following the story. Read the news, I am not here to spoon-feed you every bit of information you have failed to catch or comprehend. If someone has to prove something, it is you who needs to prove that MB organized the riots.

I am not asking you to spoon feed me anything. You are making statement that has no basis in fact and I am asking you to support it. If the knowledge is so common it shouldn't be a hardship for you to provide it.

I have not said that MB started the riots only that they have taken full advantage and are using it to take over the government. Not a contoversial position.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:45 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,455,257 times
Quote:
Military aid has already been cut off.
Source?

Top House appropriator: U.S. aid to Egypt not stopping any time soon | The Cable

Old 02-02-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I see in that article plenty of reasons for not choosing to migrate to a state governed by Islamic fundamentalists, but nothing that contradicts my statement.

Oh well let me help you out.

"According to academic John Esposito, one of the most defining features of Islamic fundamentalism is belief in the "reopening" of the gates of ijtihad.[5] Graham Fuller describes Islamic fundamentalism not as distinct from Islamism but as a subset, "the most conservative element among Islamists." Its "strictest form" includes "Wahhabism, sometimes also referred to as salafiyya. ... For fundamentalists the law is the most essential component of Islam, leading to an overwhelming emphasis upon jurisprudence, usually narrowly conceived."[6] Another American observer, Robert Pelletreau, Jr., assistant secretary of state for Near Eastern affairs, believes it the other way around, Islamism being the subset of Muslims "with political goals ... within" the "broader fundamentalist revival".[7] Still another, Martin Kramer, sees little difference between the two terms: "To all intents and purposes, Islamic fundamentalism and Islamism have become synonyms in contemporary American usage."[8]"

Old 02-02-2011, 08:50 AM

I jumped the gun. It certainly was threatened by the WH.

White House: Egypt's Behavior May Affect Aid - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

"White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said Friday that Egypt's handling of the antigovernment protests that have swept the country "may affect" United States aid to Egypt."

Old 02-02-2011, 09:05 AM

77,012 posts, read 47,481,489 times
So much for that claim.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:07 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,902,306 times
Still no solutions, hmmmmmm, I thought not.
Casper

Old 02-02-2011, 09:10 AM

77,012 posts, read 47,481,489 times
Quote:
I have not said that MB started the riots only that they have taken full advantage and are using it to take over the government. Not a contoversial position.
Obviously everyone interested in taking control will try to take advantage. The riots took them by surprise and now they are trying to adjust. But that is not what we are talking about, is it? We are talking about Beck's reporting. Beck's reporting about the riots being a part of a global caliphate is steaming heap of 'kaka de cabballo'. Pure and simple.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:13 AM

499 posts, read 404,457 times
Glen Beck needs to sit down.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:13 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,429,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
So if "communist marxists" support freedom and democracy, does that mean he's against freedom and democracy?
Neither the Muslim Brotherhood nor the Marxists are for freedom. They are totally against freedom and want to completely control your lives. Don't you get that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies