Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 07:49 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Junkies, Derelicts, Illegal Aliens, Unions - Democrat's top customers. This is exactly what Nevada paid for
I think you have aptly described most of the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 10:32 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,090,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Yeah, HR is definitely a nutburger.
more revisionist hysteria from the wing nut gallery.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewmik View Post
Yea it's always good not to tell your representatives what is expected of them. Let our employees chose whats best for us
It's your rights to tell your representatives what your position is. The continued harassment and temper tantrum antics is not your right. Unfortunately, the extremist wing nuts don't recognize that.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:36 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I bet is this had happened to a republican, those neocons on here would have been asking for blood.

There is a proper way to talk to a representative and get your point across and then there is this loud mouth idiot.
I do not believe that to be true.

The Tea Party ousted just as many republicans as democrats.

"We the People" have the RIGHT to confront our elected officials whenever given the opportunity.

Regardless of their political affiliation.

Now, where I draw the line is when groups get together and scream and yell in front of a persons home. Which is a liberal tactic.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Hmmm gourmet grocer. Expensive stuff. I sure hope Reid isn't putting his grocery bill full of imported goods on the nation's credit card.

Excuse me, but who's propagandized? Your side is so full of wing nuts that actually believe global warming, oops sorry I mean climate change, darnit I meant climate catastrophe , is man-made and that we have to pay more to somehow offset our carbon emissions
Obviously more hysteria by even attempting to assert that Reid is pushing his grocery bill to Americans.

Who is propagandized? Your closet full of wing nuts is propagandized. From birthers to amnesiac deficit hawks to WMD/Invade Iraq wackos to Secessionist ultra-two faced ranters.

Propagandized? I don't think that word means what YOU think it means.

And as far as propaganda and your rant on climate change...here is your game, set, match winner:

Science vindicated as Senate edges closer to climate and energy debate | Grist

Quote:
On Wednesday, an independent investigative panel commissioned by East Anglia University was the latest to clear the scientists who wrote the email messages of any dishonesty, ethical lapses, or unsound scientific practices. "We find that their rigor and honesty as scientists are not in doubt," said Sir Muir Russell, the panel's leader.
The Muir investigation is the third independent evaluation in Great Britain to confirm the credibility of the scientists and accuracy of the science discussed in the stolen emails and posted online on November 20.
The conclusions of the Muir panel, moreover, come less than a week after an investigative panel at Pennsylvania State University confirmed the quality of the climate science prepared by Michael E. Mann, a climatologist at Penn State University, and the author of a number of the email messages hacked from East Anglia University's data bank. In February, a separate Penn State panel concluded there was "no substance" to allegations of impropriety made by opponents of climate action, and that Dr. Mann's scientific practices, ethics, research, and conduct were not in dispute.
Get back to me when you get your latest talking points propaganda.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
So he does not owe an answer to the person he works for and is paid to represent? If you say no he doesnt that is a huge problem for the republic

He did prove his point that Reid is NOT doing the peoples work. If he was he would allow it up for a vote
Does he owe and answer? At that point, in that setting? No. There is a channel and system for the 'electors' to question and get answers from their 'elected' representatives. Should the Majority Leader have answered him? Sure, he could have also told him to shove or go F himself. And how is Reid NOT doing the peoples work? Did you feel the same when Republican's were doing the EXACT same thing in '04 and '06? The Majority Leader decided NOT to bring it to the floor. It's his choice. If the "anonymous" shopper wants to hold him accountable, that's what he can do...at Reid's next election.

THAT is our system.

And oh, by the way...it did come up for a vote. And FAILED.

I just love it when a plan comes together.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:02 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Harry Reid's wife sends him grocery shopping? What the heck does she do all week? Isn't she a full time housewife?

Old 02-03-2011, 11:02 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
summers73 !!! ... Spot On !

Yeah ... How dare an American Citizen even gaze upon such royalty as ole HR ... and to actually attempt to engage such a magnificent fellow in a conversation is simply unacceptable or even worse !!!

Those nastly old citizens had better learn to stay in their places !!!

Where on earth did such "Puddin Headed" politicians come from ???

Thanks Y"ALL / Old Sgt. Lamar

Hey Sarge!! Didn't you know that Reid was royalty?? Note that I even used "purple"??? LOL

Old 02-03-2011, 11:12 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
"We the People" have the RIGHT to confront our elected officials whenever given the opportunity.
Yep, given the opportunity. There's a place and time for everything. Now, I wish to encounter a nutcase like that in public place. It will be more fulfilling to put that lunatic in his/her rightful place, in public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Harry Reid's wife sends him grocery shopping? What the heck does she do all week? Isn't she a full time housewife?
Aah, the conservative mind... never ceases to amuse.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:16 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
LOL! Love it. We need more people like him to face issues head on, which Reid failed here...

I wish I was in the area so I'd record the incident.
Oh I think there will be! Because the ones that were put back in office with questionable votes as Reid was he will get more ear fulls from his people!

I can imagine what was going through Reids mind like
Do you know who I am!!!!
Do you know I can investigate you and ruin you!!!
How dare you talk to me like that!!!! Ha
Terrorist!

He is not quite so smug or tough when he is caught with his pants down so to speak!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies