Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 11:08 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,824,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
When will the liberal idiots realize that Palin isn't running for office, she can make a ton more money making fun of the idiot in the White House now and doesn't have to put up with the problems.

Palin scares the crap out of the *******s because she's not going to run like they are hoping but she will help make sure that Obama doesn't stand a chance at a second term.
Oh puuulease............. Palin is setting herself up for the "oh you really think i should run.... ok i'll do it because you all want me Tooooo" ploy.

You know the "i will do all i can to help" bit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 11:12 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,851,606 times
She can't resist running for president. I, for one, will not enjoy it because I get tired of ignorant people spouting off about her, as if they know anything she stands for and not just some sound bites she records to fool the repubtards. Isn't it fun calling people names just like schoolchildren?

Old 02-02-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
She can't resist running for president. I, for one, will not enjoy it because I get tired of ignorant people spouting off about her, as if they know anything she stands for and not just some sound bites she records to fool the repubtards. Isn't it fun calling people names just like schoolchildren?
How can anyone NOT make remarks when a moron could have been a heartbeat away from POTUS.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:27 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,156,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I am a liberal as well.

I would hope that the Republicans would nominate the best possible candidate-- So if they defeat Obama they will do a good job. The best possible candidate is NOT Sarah Palin.

Isn't that what we all should want?
yup

Old 02-02-2011, 11:37 PM

15,145 posts, read 14,293,100 times
Palin's future is a mystery. She is one of if not the most interesting persons in American politics.Yet the media assult on her, and a variety of unforced errors, have harmed her public reputation. And it is possible that this harm is beyond repair. Probably all Democrats and many Republicans do not believe Palin is qualified to be president.
It is hard to see how Palin could clear such a high bar,especially since she holds no public office. Maybe the only way to prove she is capable is to run a strong presidential campaign. But even that might not be enough, since the public understands that a good campaign is no indicator of performance in office.
Just look at President Obama.
Theres only two things for sure. Sarah Palin is not going anywhere, and neither is the press, bloodlust ferals that they are.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by mlassoff
I am a liberal as well.

I would hope that the Republicans would nominate the best possible candidate-- So if they defeat Obama they will do a good job. The best possible candidate is NOT Sarah Palin.

Isn't that what we all should want?

Absolutely

Old 02-03-2011, 12:53 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,851,606 times
She has held public office but it seems her fans are unaware of how poorly she performed in office. She barely even showed up for work after she lost the VP, and was feeding off the taxpayer's dime flying her children around to non-state related events and had to pay it back. She basically stole some land in Wasilla to build a city sports complex and those taxpayers had to foot the bill for the years of legal expenses. Less government indeed! Palin fans, do your research!

Old 02-03-2011, 02:49 AM

38,610 posts, read 26,260,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I want Palin to win the Republican nomination because it would mean Obama would win. Should Democrats keep telling Republicans that Palin can't win and that they would be idiots to nominate her just because in their world everything Democrats stand for and think is wrong, so therefore they automatically think the opposite?

Can't think of an incumbent president who won a second term with unemployment in excess of 7.4% or a Gallup job approval rating under 53%, can you?

Old 02-03-2011, 03:00 AM

25,024 posts, read 27,837,510 times
If Democrats are pinning their hopes on Palin being nominated so their token boy toy can win in 2012, then the Democrat Party is in a sad state of affairs in my opinion. If Obama does win a second term, it will most likely have to be with a GOP controlled Congress. I see the Senate falling from the control of the GOP and then what will Obama do?

However, if unemployment stays as high as it is, which it will. There is no way Obama's policies can lower unemployment by 2% by next year. That is virtually impossible so this will probably be the nail in Obama's coffin, especially now since his EPA is pushing strongly to regulate so-called greenhouse gases and many independents, especially conservative leaning ones and some moderates, think it's bunk. I think 2012 will be one of those 51%/49% type races, with Obama getting 49% of the vote IMO. I can see him losing Virginia and Ohio in the Electoral College, and possibly Florida. If not Florida, then he'll lose Pennsylvania. So I think he might lose

Old 02-03-2011, 03:39 AM

4,085 posts, read 4,311,722 times
"Palin Can't Win the Presidency"

Neither can Obama. He is one and done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies