Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 09:36 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I wouldn't call him anti business , but he should call on business to ante up some of that wealth he helped them make.
Go to work...get your own money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 10:06 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Another thing the liberals won't report on is this administrations 'Land Grab'

Just what could Barry Soetoro (a.k.a. Barack Hussein Obama)
be up to

Moonbattery: Obama Plans Massive Land Grab

Warning Signs: Obama's Land Grab Nightmare

Michelle Malkin: The great Obama land grab | Michelle Malkin | Op Eds | Washington Examiner (http://washingtonexaminer.com/node/467931 - broken link)

"I promise 100% transparency in my administration."

"I promise NO NEW TAXES on a family making less than $250K a year."

"I will allow 5 days of public comment before I sign any bills."

"I will remove earmarks for PORK projects before I sign any bill."

"I will end Income Tax for seniors making less than $50K a year"

"I'll put the Health Care negotiations on CSPAN so everyone can see who is at the table!"

"I'll have no lobbyists in my administration"

His Character and his Policies have dictated his fate
not even the 'MISGUIDED' liberals like being lied to
There is no land grab. If anyone bothered to do any real research, they might be surprised to discover that most of the requests have come from the states themselves who want their wildernesses protected from situations like this:

Bush Approves Oil Drilling Near National Parks - How to Bury a News Story - The Daily Green

With regard to the OP: talk about an 'activist' judge.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:10 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Why would you go to work after inheriting your parent's money? Unfortunately for me my parent's forgot to amass any so work I must. Annoying that is.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:11 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Are you all looking at this situation with Rose colored glasses. Nothing unusual or different about this President or this administration, he really pulled the wool over ur sheeple's eyes.
Obama came at us all, as he was going to be our Answer to everything, well let me tell ya all, if this is how he answers us back, with this economy, job situation, and the worse housing situation ever, businneses closing, the spending he claimed he would not do, by-partisian only when it suits him, you can keep him.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:15 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Are you all looking at this situation with Rose colored glasses. Nothing unusual or different about this President or this administration, he really pulled the wool over ur sheeple's eyes.
Obama came at us all, as he was going to be our Answer to everything, well let me tell ya all, if this is how he answers us back, with this economy, job situation, and the worse housing situation ever, businneses closing, the spending he claimed he would not do, by-partisian only when it suits him, you can keep him.
I second this!

And add, please keep him and do not force him on the rest of the country in any political capacity ever again.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:48 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Why would you go to work after inheriting your parent's money? Unfortunately for me my parent's forgot to amass any so work I must. Annoying that is.
You mean you actually work/worked for one of those evil, dirty rotten, money grabbing, heartless, don't care about it's employee, only make as much money as it can companies.

The hypocrisy!

Old 02-03-2011, 04:49 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Eric 'the lap dog' Holder had no credentials to substantiate his appointment to USAG.
Aside from his part in the Clinton pardons, his performance during his approval hearing should have been enough to exclude him.

His work so far has reflected an incompetency mitigated only by nefarious intent to oppose common sense and public opinion.
Who should Holder look to for direction?
His boss is without any qualifying resume.

These two are in water over their heads.. too bad for us.

Chuck Schummer's ommission of including the judiciary as one of the three branches of government seems consistent with the dimissive attitude toward the courts by the USAG.

Obama through his EPA and other regulatory czars confirms his anti business attitude. We have a lucid moment from Nancy pelosi who proclaimed any promise made during campaign seasn should be dismissed. Obama kicked off campaing 2012 with his state of the union address. Guess if we can believe Nancy we should ignore anything Obama says.

Who can possibly tolerate listening to the content of one of stunningly vague speeches. The heck with the right to bear arms, it seems more important to keep the tv clicker handy in a hip holster in the event a news program flashes Obama at a podium.

Drill baby drill!

Old 02-03-2011, 04:59 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,209,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
You need to get a grip and a history book.
Yes, to be accurate, he should have said that this level... is unprecedented in the USA.

Such places as the USSR, Nazi Germany, Red China, still have Obama beat by a nose.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yes but, wasn't obama supposed to be above it all? Wasn't he supposed to adhere to the rule of law, unlike his predecessor who he claimed wasn't?

I don't recall the Bush admin being held in contempt. Refresh my memory. I know Bubba was held in contempt of course, but Bush? I don't think so.
It is amazing to watch the selective (memories, outrage, indignation, offense...) of the left, which always seems to work to the disadvantage of the real Americans who just want to preserve the greatest nation in the history of the Universe (that would be the USA, you lefties!!)

It is neck and neck, however, which is worse, their selective ... or their projecting of their own vile characteristics on decent people like GW Bush, Sarah Palin etc.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I wouldn't call him anti business , but he should call on business to ante up some of that wealth he helped them make.
I didn't think such stupidity could be wrapped up in mere words, but your post has proven me wrong. Those words are doing yeoman's duty in communication such idiocy as the above post.

I just can't tell which sentence is the more idiotic, the first or second?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies