Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 06:28 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Say what you want about Bill ORelly but lack of guts is not one of his flaws!
I hope he keeps that up with this interview. The standard M.O. of Skippy in interviews though has been to avoid answering the tough questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 06:31 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I hope he keeps that up with this interview. The standard M.O. of Skippy in interviews though has been to avoid answering the tough questions.
You must have never watched an Obama interview. The one he did for fox news had many tough questions and even Stewart lit a fire under him. Obama isn't like Palin that needs to hide in her "safe" place and answer nothing but soft, pre-scripted questions and answers.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:32 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
You must have never watched an Obama interview. The one he did for fox news had many tough questions and even Stewart lit a fire under him. Obama isn't like Palin that needs to hide in her "safe" place and answer nothing but soft, pre-scripted questions and answers.
I'm sorry...but I just have't seen Skippy answer the tough ones. Steward looked a bit tougher than most, but he wasn't exactly a tough interview.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:33 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,527,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
He pretty much keeps to his script. I have never seen him loosen up and be honest and real.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:44 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
If he is the "alpha male", Megan Kelley puts him in his place all the time.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:48 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
I think most people will wonder where hussein obama found a pair of man pants to even do an interview with someone who will not be tingling up their legs.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:51 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Everybody softballs interviews with Obama, including Oreilly. He may try to appear like he is a tough interviewer but everything will be gone over and approved and he may get one or two questions that he has to ask that Obama may or may not answer. Oreilly at least isn't a sycophant like you'd find on MSNBC or on the talk shows. Fox will get some ratings and bragging rights, Obama can huff and bluster about reaching out to the other side. Excuse me while I yawn. Can't we have a day of sports spectacle without having politics and egotists demanding attention from us?
It's a win/win for both Fox and Obama. I just don't see why anybody would be interested in watching it. The Superbowl isn't going to be THAT boring. You've got two pretty decent teams playing, both with great legacies in a town that is a great football town even if its home team's star has faded into obscurity. I'm not expecting a great game, but an interesting one. We had the great games in the playoffs, this is just the encore.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:57 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,527,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Everybody softballs interviews with Obama, including Oreilly. He may try to appear like he is a tough interviewer but everything will be gone over and approved and he may get one or two questions that he has to ask that Obama may or may not answer. Oreilly at least isn't a sycophant like you'd find on MSNBC or on the talk shows. Fox will get some ratings and bragging rights, Obama can huff and bluster about reaching out to the other side. Excuse me while I yawn. Can't we have a day of sports spectacle without having politics and egotists demanding attention from us?
"Huff and bluster" love it!
I certainly hope that OReilly doesn't soft ball him. If anyone can toss him a few curves I would think it would be O'Reilly.

But that is one thing about O'Reilly, regardless of what his detractors say, he is respectful of the office of the Presidency. He can ask tough questions but he will remain respectfull. Because while I highly doubt that O'Reilly respects this man, he does respect out country and the office he holds.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:59 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I like O'Reilly and can certianly understand why he would want to interview Obummer on Superbowl Sunday.

However, I will not be tuning in as I cannot watch one more lie come out of Obummer's smug, narcissistic face. The only time I want to see him again on TV is when he is exiting the white house.....Buh Bye.

I think O'Reilly is going to ask him questions the mainstream media have avoided for two years, plus some new ones about Egypt that are bound to make him uncomfortable. It will be unedited.

What I really want to see is when Tonya Reiman dissects the interview later on the "Body Language" segment of the Factor.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:06 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,530,789 times
O'Rly is still on the air?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies