Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 04:34 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times

Advertisements

I "get" why O'Reilly is interviewing Obama during the superbowl. Fox has no national news shows like ABC, NBC or CBS so they have to pull in a name from the Fox News Channel to do the interview. And, of course it's good for Fox News business to promote O'Reilly's show when so many people are watching.

I also "get" why Obama is doing the interview. With all of those people eyeballing the game, O'Reilly's tendency to interview obnoxiously (talking over people, making himself the focus of the interview, overdoing the Alpha Male bit, etc.--- and I watch him all the time, I just cringe at his interviewing technique) will make Obama look good in comparison especially to the uninformed masses that don't have cable. Where else can you get so many people watching you (and watching you sympathetically in comparison to O'Reilly's personality) than the superbowl?

But, regardless of the two involved, and their mutual gain by this venture, do we really need to inject politics into the superbowl game?

Last edited by LauraC; 02-03-2011 at 05:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 04:39 AM

4,085 posts, read 4,335,025 times
I sure won't be watching that interview. Obozo is that last person I want to see while I am eating and drinking.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:42 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,529,197 times
Sure. Why not!

Laura C I agree with you on most issues, but it seems we diverge slightly on this topic.

And I have a soft spot for Bill OReilly. He does overdo the "alpha male" thing as you so aptly expresed it, but he is raw and real and passionate. And I appreciate that about him.

I also "get him" and give him some leeway!

He sincerely cares about our country and is concerned for the direction we are headed.
I don't agree that Obama will come across sympathetically. He always appear stiff and programed and dull as opposed to Bill's fire and passion.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:45 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times
I think it's a very ballsy move and will shut up many critics. Unlike the Palins and Beck's that hide behind fox news' skirt, Obama is going on the most watched event of the year, and being interviewed by O'Reilly, fox's #1 guy. Obama's isn't going for some safe, fluff interview. He's going straight to the jugular of the fox news hate machine and likely gives O'Reilly and fox news a complete spanking on national tv

Old 02-03-2011, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
I sure won't be watching that interview. Obozo is that last person I want to see while I am eating and drinking.

Tried to rep ya!!!

Old 02-03-2011, 04:55 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,873 times
I like O'Reilly and can certianly understand why he would want to interview Obummer on Superbowl Sunday.

However, I will not be tuning in as I cannot watch one more lie come out of Obummer's smug, narcissistic face. The only time I want to see him again on TV is when he is exiting the white house.....Buh Bye.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
If I recall, Rand Paul went on liberal shows and all he got was harsh treatment the same way Palin did got his comments really taken out of context, and they tried the slash-and-burn tactics on Rand Paul but didn't work
Exactly. Sort of like the pot calling the kettle black. Speaking of haters.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:32 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Exactly. Sort of like the pot calling the kettle black. Speaking of haters.
Seriously liberals don't seem to think when they post the drivel they do. It's as if the liberal media is allowed to be harsh to conservatives, but conservative hosts have to be all nice and polite talk about double standards!

Old 02-03-2011, 06:16 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I "get" why O'Reilly is interviewing Obama during the superbowl. Fox has no national news shows like ABC, NBC or CBS so they have to pull in a name from the Fox News Channel to do the interview. And, of course it's good for Fox News business to promote O'Reilly's show when so many people are watching.

I also "get" why Obama is doing the interview. With all of those people eyeballing the game, O'Reilly's tendency to interview obnoxiously (talking over people, making himself the focus of the interview, overdoing the Alpha Male bit, etc.--- and I watch him all the time, I just cringe at his interviewing technique) will make Obama look good in comparison especially to the uninformed masses that don't have cable. Where else can you get so many people watching you (and watching you sympathetically in comparison to O'Reilly's personality) than the superbowl?

But, regardless of the two involved, and their mutual gain by this venture, do we really need to inject politics into the superbowl game?
I seem to recall Skippy doing a few intros to the NFL games last season. He has also thrown (can you call it "throw") out the first pitch in a few baseball games. What exactly is the problem? He seems to want his face in front of people.

My only question is if O'Reilly will have the guts to actually ask him the hard questions.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:22 AM

Say what you want about Bill ORelly but lack of guts is not one of his flaws!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies