Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 08:43 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
When you are living on less than $2/day ... and 40% of Egyptians are ... then the fate of tourism is probably not real high on your worry list.
Except that the tourism income to Egypt was allowing the subsidizing of food and fuel to keep those prices artificially low until recently. So basically what you are suggesting is that those in poverty care not that they drive the source of those whose money helps give them the little that they do get from their government. That would seem accurate in Egypt and here in the USA; foolish, but accurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 08:45 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Please elaborate which elections have done so.

I'll toss you a freebie, since I suspect you wouldn't even know where to start:

Algeria, 1991.
You're absolutely right, Algeria. That was the first.
But your wrong of course in suspecting I didn't know. Look at my response in blue type in the post right before yours. My starting point is Algeria.

Good research, though, and thanks for the freebie anyway

Old 02-03-2011, 08:50 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Forget Israel. I'm worried that all those people who want to scrap NAFTA also want to install a theocracy

I feel bad for you....
Whats really scary is how i'll informed people like you really are.....Do you know anything about the M.Bhood?
You want to talk about bad people.
Actually even more pathetic is seeing news anchors on MSLSD and CNN talking "up" the M.Bhood.....Real sick.

Guess who was the only country to offer Palestinians citizenship????

Israel.....

Last edited by kerrymac; 02-03-2011 at 09:02 PM..

Old 02-03-2011, 09:44 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
I feel bad for you....
Whats really scary is how i'll informed people like you really are.....Do you know anything about the M.Bhood?
Actually even more pathetic is seeing news anchors on MSLSD and CNN talking "up" the M.Bhood.....Real sick.

Israel.....
They (the main stream media) have their talking point orders from the WH. That is what makes it sickening.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
I feel bad for you....

Israel.....
Yea, last night Spitzer on CNN gave a spokesman for the Brotherhood a propaganda forum. Totally unchallenged. The spokesman went on and on about how they oppose vioience against anyone and how they are all about loving everyone. Which of course contradicts their basic and oft expressed philosophy. Typical shpiel to a western audience.

That is, until finally Spitzer asked about Israel and the peace treaty. The guy said Israel must be destroyed. Spitzer did not follow up, just moved on to another topic.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:45 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
Yea, last night Spitzer on CNN gave a spokesman for the Brotherhood a propaganda forum. Totally unchallenged. The spokesman went on and on about how they oppose vioience against anyone and how they are all about loving everyone. Which of course contradicts their basic and oft expressed philosophy. Typical shpiel to a western audience.

That is, until finally Spitzer asked about Israel and the peace treaty. The guy said Israel must be destroyed. Spitzer did not follow up, just moved on to another topic.

Its called ......TAQIYYA

This is the best video yet..Worth watching.

LiveLeak.com - 3 things to know about islam.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:13 PM

Very interesting column in the Washington Post. Egypt will descend into hate:
Richard Cohen - A democratic Egypt or a state of hate?
"Things are about to go from bad to worse in the Middle East. Lebanon just became a Hezbollah state, which is to say that Iran has become an even more important regional power, and Egypt, once stable if tenuously so, has been pitched into chaos. This is the most dire prospect of them all. The dream of a democratic Egypt is sure to produce a nightmare."

Old 02-04-2011, 01:19 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
Very interesting column in the Washington Post. Egypt will descend into hate:
Richard Cohen - A democratic Egypt or a state of hate?
"Things are about to go from bad to worse in the Middle East. Lebanon just became a Hezbollah state, which is to say that Iran has become an even more important regional power, and Egypt, once stable if tenuously so, has been pitched into chaos. This is the most dire prospect of them all. The dream of a democratic Egypt is sure to produce a nightmare."
ANY educated free thinking person knew this from the beginning.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:30 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
ANY educated free thinking person knew this from the beginning.
Yes, democracy is evil. Unless Bush is kicking out a secular despot in exchange for an Islamic democracy. When Obama eases out a secular despot in exchange for--we don't know quite yet--that is evil.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:37 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Yes, democracy is evil. Unless Bush is kicking out a secular despot in exchange for an Islamic democracy. When Obama eases out a secular despot in exchange for--we don't know quite yet--that is evil.
We do know, stop playing games. It WILL be the MB and you know it. You were already told in your last Democratic group meeting that's who it will be, that's why you deny it so vehemently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies