Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 08:54 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I just saw this although it came out in October of last year. Apparently it got a lot of press in Israel, but no so much here. I would say that it is pretty news worthy.
If it got a lot of press in Israel, that should tell you something, no?

Let me help you out . . . like . . . most Jews find such thoughts repulsive and immoral and therefore it was newsworthy, kind of like a "man bites dog" story?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 08:55 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
hotair, you resort to this technique whenever the pressure is turned up on Islamic extremism on the forum. I'm pretty sure you already used this specific reference in your op.
No technique. I am not a fan of Islamic Extremism, Christian Extremism, or Jewish Extremism as I posted, but people should be aware that all three exist.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:02 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times
Quote:
No technique. I am not a fan of Islamic Extremism, Christian Extremism, or Jewish Extremism as I posted, but people should be aware that all three exist.
Here we go with the moral equivalencies again . . . a crazy old rabbi says something offensive in a speech to a private audience and that's EXACTLY LIKE WHEN Muslims murder their daughters for flirting.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:03 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,406,164 times
The Jews broke their covenant with God when they failed to reconize Jesus for who He was.

brushrunner

Old 02-03-2011, 09:03 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
There has been others that think you are inferior to them thru out history. Nothing new here really.Radical muslims think you should die by their hands.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:30 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Here we go with the moral equivalencies again . . . a crazy old rabbi says something offensive in a speech to a private audience and that's EXACTLY LIKE WHEN Muslims murder their daughters for flirting.
There's a difference between believing you are superior to all and killing someone.

The superiority complex is the current issue at hand.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:45 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
Quote:
You can't make this stuff up. This is what a former Chief Rabbi of Israel and a man of some religous and political clout in Israel has stated.

Furthermore, he states that:

"Goyim (Gentiles) were born only to serve us. Without that, they have no place in the world – only to serve the People of Israel,” he said in his weekly Saturday night sermon on the laws regarding the actions non-Jews are permitted to perform on Shabbat.

According to Yosef, the lives of non-Jews in Israel are safeguarded by divinity, to prevent losses to Jews.

“In Israel, death has no dominion over them... With gentiles, it will be like any person – they need to die, but [God] will give them longevity. Why? Imagine that one’s donkey would die, they’d lose their money."

Yosef: Gentiles exist only to serve Jews

I guess I have a new term anti-gentite. For those who don't know, Gentile is commonly referred as anyone who is not Jewish...so everyone else.

Of course people like Beck will not think that this applies to him as many mormons believe that they are Israelites and not Gentiles.

Thoughts?
So, Israel has a few extremist Rabbi's, big deal, what religion doesn't? This is hardly indicative of an entire people or a religion and Israel to its credit has a diverse and varied population with a wide range of opinions.

I could easily dig on God, but the belief structures that grow up surrounding these beliefs almost always instill a sense of superiority among their adherents. There was an evolutionary advantage to this 2000 years ago, not so much today.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:06 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangrui View Post
I'm a Mormon, and I definitely don't support what he said. By the way, we don't think we're Israelites. I guess you heard that Mormons sometimes refer to non-Mormons as Gentiles. Next you'll say that Jews all support him, especially since many of them actually are Israelis.
Ya gotta love it, Kangrui. Misinformation abounds.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:22 PM

866 posts, read 1,560,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Ya gotta love it, Kangrui. Misinformation abounds.
It's also amazing how many political threads it can be mentioned in. Even completely non-religious ones! Back on subject, though, let's just get along! All religions have wacko members, and so do the nonreligious. You can't point all the blame on one group, or say one group is immune from being prejudiced.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:26 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
Its amazing how religion and hatred seem to go together. You all worship the same god just in different ways yet you all dislike each other to a degree I often find astonishing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies