Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 09:26 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times

Advertisements

Unbelievable, I cant imagine that the Brits are going to be thrilled over this. I thought Obama was suppose to be making the world love us not ticking off our allies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 10:30 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
You grasshoppers need to relax

Britian has a surging Islamic population, that is getting virtually unstoppable, given their outrageous breeding power. It's projected that Britain might fall victim to Sharia law some time this century, or at least, the threat of islamic radicals getting their hands on nuke info and passing them to the nuts hiding in the central Asian deserts is real.

This could be the precursor to long term Russo-American partnership to wedge against one such scenario. Britain has outlived its usefulness anyway. I mean, someone like GW is no longer at the helm and there's no need for a lapdog across the pond anymore , though the Brits are probably happy to play that role for the rest of eternity. But Obama does not expect that. There seems to be a major shift in US-Brit ties and I think it's a strategic turning point.

Again, there are quite some noteworthy page 3 women from Britain and Kate Middleton is all over the news. This apart, it would be difficult to locate Britain on the map. I also keep hearing you get wonderful samosas in London. So add that to the list

Old 02-04-2011, 10:36 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times
Amazing, just amazing. Selling out friends and allies around the world.

The new "smart power" of the US.

Who knew this is what obama meant when he talked about resetting relationships? Disloyalty, backstabbing, treasonous behavior.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:40 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I guess it's not a secret anymore.
ROFLMFAO.....Big Secret!.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:40 PM

570 posts, read 882,207 times
why is everyone so upset? do you all like the redcoats?

personally I don't like "Hugh, whats his name?" . They have the worst accents and movies ever. I'd rather watch oprah.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:46 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
why is everyone so upset? do you all like the redcoats?

personally I don't like "Hugh, whats his name?" . They have the worst accents and movies ever. I'd rather watch oprah.
I hope Lucy Pinder and Keeley Hazell change your mind LMAO

Old 02-05-2011, 12:04 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I guess it's not a secret anymore.
From the linked article:

Quote:
Professor Malcolm Chalmers said: “This appears to be significant because while the UK has announced how many missiles it possesses, there has been no way for the Russians to verify this. Over time, the unique identifiers will provide them with another data point to gauge the size of the British arsenal.”
My bolding, but do continue the outrage.

Old 02-05-2011, 02:33 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,912,706 times
Is there anybody Obama won't throw under the bus? And for what?

Why is he so hateful towards GB? Just another example of him being woefully out of touch with so many americans.

Old 02-05-2011, 04:00 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
The Russian side provided copies of agreed statements on the use of telemetric data and on the transfer of Trident II missiles to the United Kingdom. End summary.

No one actually reads the damn articles any more, do they. Good for you, people who don't read and try to understand. Good for you.

God help us all when it's time to vote.

Yeah, he looks like he gives up data for free.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:30 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
The Russian side provided copies of agreed statements on the use of telemetric data and on the transfer of Trident II missiles to the United Kingdom. End summary.

No one actually reads the damn articles any more, do they. Good for you, people who don't read and try to understand. Good for you.

God help us all when it's time to vote.

Yeah, he looks like he gives up data for free.
he looks like the reason Canada and the United States are negotiating an agreement titled "Beyond the Border: A Shared Vision for Perimeter Security and Competitiveness" this week

it says We share responsibility for the safety, security and resilience of Canada and the United States and we intend to address threats at the earliest point possible, including outside the perimeter of our two countries, and do so in a manner that respects privacy, civil liberties, and human rights."

The declaration says that with emerging security and economic risks that are global in scale, the countries must find innovative ways to protect themselves.

Several "principles" would buttress the plan: a "greater sharing of information" between the two nations; co-operation to develop and implement security initiatives and standards; respect for privacy and civil liberties; and recognition of the "sovereign right of each country to act independently in its own interest."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies