Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2011, 03:23 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
There is no post 151 (yet)

I don't deny there is racism in this country, but you cannot prove that this is the basis for the birther movement based on the fact that no (white) president's citizenship has ever been the subject of controversy (also false).

Again, your premise FAILS.
Ok, how many ways do I have to do this to get it through your (what I can't say here) head? READ THE TITLE HEADING AGAIN AND SEE IF YOU GET THE QUESTION! It doesn't say anything about controversy. READ IT!

Old 02-05-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
OHHHHH, I get it now!!!!!!!!!! You have a sixth sense ability to read other people's intentions and motivations!!! Sheesh, why didn't you just say so in post one and save us all the trouble?
No, I simply stated a fact. Take your own Myer's Briggs and find out what you are too!

I mean, it's only common "sense" that the motive would be to bring someone down. Duh!

Old 02-05-2011, 03:25 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Proof?
I don't believe that you are so naive as to not realize that racism is the major factor
for "some" birthers, there are numerous videos posted on this forum as proof.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Your question has been answered....because you will not accept that, that is not my fault.....what more do you want...no answer given will make you happy...
No, it has not. To be precise, I want a NUMBER (and names to go along with that NUMBER) and no such NUMBER has been given in this thread.

Quote:
So you brought this up because why? You have wasted a lot of energy on this.......

and honestly....I have not seen anything in the news about this.....so why are you wasting energy on this?

Again, the president does not care...that is obvious...
Ok, excuse me for independent thought of the news. And just because the President is above all of this, how do you know he doesn't care? Are you not able to display (no display would be asking too much, how about understand the concept?) of empathy? Do you even know what that means?

Old 02-05-2011, 03:30 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
No, I simply stated a fact. Take your own Myer's Briggs and find out what you are too!

I mean, it's only common "sense" that the motive would be to bring someone down. Duh!
Jumping to your own (false) conclusions does not make it a fact, therefore, your thread FAILS.

PROVE that the intention is based in racism otherwise you lack all credibility. You made this thread, now prove your faulty assertions.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:31 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I don't believe that you are so naive as to not realize that racism is the major factor
behind "some" birthers, there are numerous videos posted on this forum as proof.
The racism charge is thrown around so much for every little thing that I hardly ever believe it.

One good thing about President Obama is he doesn't throw the racism charge around. (except for that cop in Massachusetts) And it would be easy for him to do.

The same crticisms leveled at President Obama were thrown at Bill Clinton. Natinal healthcare, too much government, too much spending wtc....

Any thinking person can see people criticize Obama based on his beliefs, not his race.

What about all the people that insisted on seeing Dan Quayles college transcripts when he was VP? What was that all about. Never heard any other President or VP being asked to show transcripts. Was that about race?

Old 02-05-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Jumping to your own (false) conclusions does not make it a fact, therefore, your thread FAILS.

PROVE that the intention is based in racism otherwise you lack all credibility. You made this thread, now prove your faulty assertions.
Obviously, at 17 pages, this thread does not FAIL. OK?

As I just stated in the previous post, I want a number and names and I'll be in a better position to PROVE my point.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:33 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Ok, how many ways do I have to do this to get it through your (what I can't say here) head? READ THE TITLE HEADING AGAIN AND SEE IF YOU GET THE QUESTION! It doesn't say anything about controversy. READ IT!
Typing in all caps doesn't get your insane point across any better than undercase letters, especially when this entire thread fails anyhow. If you're not attempting to link the birther movement to racism, then why put (white) in parentheses? Mhmm.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
The racism charge is thrown around so much for every little thing that I hardly ever believe it.

One good thing about President Obama is he doesn't throw the racism charge around. (except for that cop in Massachusetts) And it would be easy for him to do.

The same crticisms leveled at President Obama were thrown at Bill Clinton. Natinal healthcare, too much government, too much spending wtc....

Any thinking person can see people criticize Obama based on his beliefs, not his race.

What about all the people that insisted on seeing Dan Quayles college transcripts when he was VP? What was that all about. Never heard any other President or VP being asked to show transcripts. Was that about race?
No, I think it was because he did not know how to spell tomato. Gosh, somehow your post reminds me so much of Sarah Palin, but I digress.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:35 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
IMO, Obama was not properly vetted by the media.

Still he told us who he was.

Many did not hear him and voted for him anyway.

The "birther' thing, I just do not know.

He is there now, all we can do is wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies