Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 12:02 AM

1,742 posts, read 959,658 times

Advertisements

Multiculturalism has nothing to do with people of different backgrounds or ethnicities living together peacefully.

Multiculturalism is an ideology that believes that all cultures and cultural beliefs are equally valid and deserving of equal respect and recognition.

Multiculturalism believes that western culture should not be dominate or the norm in western countries.

Multiculturalism believes that non-western immigrants to western nations should be encouraged to retain all their cultural habits and beliefs and to discourage them from assimilating into the dominate western culture.

Multiculturalism believes that people who think that British culture should be dominate in the UK, or American culture to be dominate in the US, are racist right wing reactionaries.

Multiculturalism demands that the governing authorities actively promote non-western cultures in western nations and the corresponding traditional western culture must be supressed and silenced lest someone might be "offended"

Multiculturalism demands that multiculturalists be in command of the educational system, social services, and the media.

Multiculturalism is at its heart a totalitarian system that believes only the "enlightened" elite be in charge. This elite is, of course, western and white. But by dividing societies and nations into competing ethnic and cultural blocs, this elite can control those societies and nations, "for their own good" of course. The only way this elite can gain control is if their socieities abandon western culture. Therefore, they do everything in their power to dilute and destroy traditional western cultural traditions and values.

I don't believe there is any organized conspiracy or cabal that is doing this, but this is the end result of the current world view of the cultural elite. Most within this privilaged group just go along with the crowd, but I do believe there are those individuals who know exactly what they are doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 02:09 AM

154 posts, read 216,916 times
Multiculturalism (as a topic, theory, idea, etc) is simply just another needle pricking the fingers to distract masses. Ultimately, it's a distraction to keep your mind occupied - before for or against it is for the most part totally irrelevant to those in positions of power, influence, etc. In the world that's been constructed, is being renovated before our eyes, and will be continually modified races, nations, culture, religion, sexual orientation, etc - all aspects of multiculturalism themselves - will be seen as null, void, primitive, etc, and be a market for those in the positions of affluence to exploit each aspect economically.

*edit*

It find it entertaining Cameron said this at a speech in Munich - maybe he's kissing Merkel's ass? LOL.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:22 AM

154 posts, read 216,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The U.S. and Canada have done a much better job of incorporating newcomers than Western Europe....
Well, essentially I believe that can be chalked up to the very social make up and identity of both nations. Realistically both nations have been a tapestry of different ethnic make up's since their very colonial beginnings. I think that the multi-ethnic (though still overwhelmingly caucasian) society really polarized itself and was a striking difference from the isolated racial mindset that became Europe. The polarizing effect being that so many ethnic groups deprived the United States of a lone all unifying identity - the complete opposite of Europe where each individual people have a defined territory, history, culture, etc, and so on, and in very tight spaces.

The U.S. and Canada are really unique in that aspect. Their lack of a truly cohesive ethnic identity put them on a different course than europe in a social sense.

I think, by and large - and i'm sure anyone who's aware of this subject might agree or at least hear what i'm saying and understand - that's the reason America is such a desperate nation when it comes to visual representation. There's an overwhelming desire (especially amongst conservatives - which is natural enough) to find cultural elements that are "American" by itself. How often throughout the day do we hear the vague, bland, endless descriptions of this or that being American. There's a desperation because people (by and large - not all) have become something just a touch above the bovine. The herd, etc.

America has never really had a unified culture.

Certain nations in Europe HAD a culture - though in most situations that culture has been erased by the social and economic elite as it posed a threat to their hegemony. In this day and age (and the UK, the Royal Family, and other Royals in Europe are a PERFECT example) the connection to traditions of the past is really kept at a bare minimum to appease what's left of those generations. Steadily, given the nature of this world we've living in, those customs, traditions, etc, will disappear all together, forgotten, trampled upon, etc, and it would prove so much worthwhile then for the common mass to work together in disposing of, exposing, or rebelling against the real enemy of common good - exploiters of a reasonable, healthy human existence.

Last edited by DAAR84; 02-06-2011 at 02:39 AM..

Old 02-06-2011, 02:44 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Multiculturalism isn't integration. Cameron is right.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:34 AM

499 posts, read 405,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Cameron is talking manure, just to appease the mail reading section of the tory support base. No one under 35 thinks otherwise because we all mix with each other. Hell my last two girlfriends were philipina and malaysian.
My thoughts exactly, as they say. I take it he's never been to Birmingham.

Not to say that there aren't problems, but to declare that "multiculturalism has FAILED" is overstating the issue a bit ( and the speech was mainly about religious extremists, anyway.)

Old 02-06-2011, 04:37 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Multiculturalism is a failed liberal experiment that basically says to immigrants (the unintended consequence), "Hey you can come live here, but just be yourselves. It's ok to be different!" Lot of people would take that to mean that the immigrant is not welcome to be British, in this case
So, the founding fathers were Liberals?

Old 02-06-2011, 12:24 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollymixture View Post
My thoughts exactly, as they say. I take it he's never been to Birmingham.

Not to say that there aren't problems, but to declare that "multiculturalism has FAILED" is overstating the issue a bit ( and the speech was mainly about religious extremists, anyway.)
Where I grew up, in Glasgow, there is a real problem integrating English immigrants. They don't/cannot learn the accent, they do not appreciate fried food at every meal, they turn their noses up at haggis, they persist in voting conservative (very un-Scottish), they cannot pronounce "loch" and they don't care what school you went to

Old 02-06-2011, 12:25 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Multiculturalism isn't integration. Cameron is right.
So, you agree with his speech?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies