Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2011, 02:53 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times

Advertisements

Listen to a Liberal Caller Crush Limbaugh

Interesting article, and while it's making fun of Rush, it also demonstrates a very valid point, seen here in this very forum, every day. People who believe one thing, trying to convince others that their point of view is correct, while not accepting one word that differs from their viewpoint.

The way is shut.
It was made by those who are Dead.
And the Dead keep it.
The way is shut.

I think it's fascinating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s67qaViGNBU

vs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq8Uc5BFogE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 04:05 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
Rush gives the deal sealer right here :
Quote:
“Well, because you understand Reagan in a way that is flawed. Your call is actually kind of interesting because you represent the impossibility of bridging the gap. Somebody like you just has to be defeated.”
Translation: if you do not agree with everything I believe and say you are the enemy and have to be defeated. How pathetic to go through life thinking you are right and know everything,but he traded millions for stupidity.
I had a boring job where I listened to that gas bag for 2 years and noticed that he will dodge and weave or get the caller cut off when they have him pinned in a corner. Most of the show is devoted to ditto heads that kiss his A$$ and tell him how great he is and of course slamming on {D}s.
Sad how his ignorant followers thinking they are getting fed when they are actually starving to death.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:30 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,464,653 times
Rush might be a pinhead, but he capitalizes on it really well lol.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:23 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Rush gives the deal sealer right here :

Translation: if you do not agree with everything I believe and say you are the enemy and have to be defeated. How pathetic to go through life thinking you are right and know everything,but he traded millions for stupidity.
I had a boring job where I listened to that gas bag for 2 years and noticed that he will dodge and weave or get the caller cut off when they have him pinned in a corner. Most of the show is devoted to ditto heads that kiss his A$$ and tell him how great he is and of course slamming on {D}s.
Sad how his ignorant followers thinking they are getting fed when they are actually starving to death.

Please excuse me for interrupting your anti-Reagan/anti-Limbaugh circle-jerk, but the simple fact is Reagan never had a Republican Congress such that he could get everything he wanted. I expect you don't know one of Reagans favorite sayings was "half of something is better than all of nothing". Yes, Reagan negotiated with liberals, and after he cut the best deal he could get, he wisely agreed to compromise. Clinton was also very good at this, and while I still don't like Clinton, I can't say he didn't play his cards well.

As for the caller, MM has a nasty habit of selectively editing these brief soundbites while "surmising" the content of the conversation for the less intellectually curious among us. This call was clearly going on before the talking points du Jour were so predictably regurgitated by the brain dead caller. Being a regular Limbaugh/Hannity/Levin listener, I know from experience that liberals love to call up for no other reason than to do a quick drive-by. What Limbaugh, Hannity and Levin do is feed these tools all the rope they need to hang themselves. Specifics are never the liberal's friend since so much of the liberal arsenal is self-contradictory and opinion-based. That being the case, as liberals drone on and on about Reagan's alleged failures, they come up short on facts, are unable to back up their wild accusations and look like idiots. This is clearly where Limbaugh was going when the editors at MM decided they had all that they needed to accomplish their goals. Give credit to Limbaugh who immediately recognized the source of this disinformation campaign.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:57 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Please excuse me for interrupting your anti-Reagan/anti-Limbaugh circle-jerk, but the simple fact is Reagan never had a Republican Congress such that he could get everything he wanted. I expect you don't know one of Reagans favorite sayings was "half of something is better than all of nothing". Yes, Reagan negotiated with liberals, and after he cut the best deal he could get, he wisely agreed to compromise. Clinton was also very good at this, and while I still don't like Clinton, I can't say he didn't play his cards well.

As for the caller, MM has a nasty habit of selectively editing these brief soundbites while "surmising" the content of the conversation for the less intellectually curious among us. This call was clearly going on before the talking points du Jour were so predictably regurgitated by the brain dead caller. Being a regular Limbaugh/Hannity/Levin listener, I know from experience that liberals love to call up for no other reason than to do a quick drive-by. What Limbaugh, Hannity and Levin do is feed these tools all the rope they need to hang themselves. Specifics are never the liberal's friend since so much of the liberal arsenal is self-contradictory and opinion-based. That being the case, as liberals drone on and on about Reagan's alleged failures, they come up short on facts, are unable to back up their wild accusations and look like idiots. This is clearly where Limbaugh was going when the editors at MM decided they had all that they needed to accomplish their goals. Give credit to Limbaugh who immediately recognized the source of this disinformation campaign.
I was getting readyt to reply to this thread, and after reading your wonderful response, realized you said exactly what I was thinking. Thank you!

I also listen to Rush every afternoon on the way to pick my child up from school. He is very informative and is not afraid to say what he thinks and expose what is really going on and that is why the crazy lefties and the obamabots (which are essentially the same thing) hate him. I just love how he gets under their skin.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:12 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:

Got to spread it around rep!

Old 02-06-2011, 07:14 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
If the Progressives are talking about it with immature tones, someone is doing something right.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:19 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,527,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If the Progressives are talking about it with immature tones, someone is doing something right.
Christians don't use the term, "retreating to one's faith." Usually it is a derisive term used by people who don't believe in a Creator and want to mock believers.

Christians don't need to"retreat" to their faith. It is not a weakness but a strength!

Some people resent the strength of Christians. If they weren't threatened by them they wouldn't try so hard to undermine them. It reveals a character weakness when people behave in this manner.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:27 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
Quote:
As for the caller, MM has a nasty habit of selectively editing these brief soundbites while "surmising" the content of the conversation for the less intellectually curious among us. .
The sound bite that I posted was straight from the gas bags mouth and you can go to his site to verify. I read the whole exchange and noticed that Rush did what he always does.At the end the only one doing any talking is him and he goes into one of his diatribes. Translation : they cut the caller off.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:24 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
The sound bite that I posted was straight from the gas bags mouth and you can go to his site to verify. I read the whole exchange and noticed that Rush did what he always does.At the end the only one doing any talking is him and he goes into one of his diatribes. Translation : they cut the caller off.

I didn't see an unedited transcript in the link provided.

I did read what MM said they said, but that isn't the same thing as an unedited transcript, is it?

I have never been able to understand why liberals are happy to outsource their own thought process to others. Maybe forming their own opinions based on verifiable facts would be too much work and too stressful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies