Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 03:49 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
One day you hear Hillary Clinton "calling for" more protection for protesters and journalists, and THE VERY NEXT DAY, there are reports that armed soldiers are doing that very thing. Come on. It would take someone who is deaf, dumb and blind not to see what his happening.

20yrsinBranson
Where did you see this? The army was being neutral last I heard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 06:51 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
In this very forum I saw an eight point list of causes for the Egyptian uprising. Actually if any one thing triggered it it was the Tunisian uprising and if any one thing triggered that it is more likely Wiki-leaks (Australian) than U.S. puppeteers. That said, as I perused the list of eight causes of Egyptian rioting I was struck by how all eight conditions presently exist in the U.S. number one being unacceptably high unemployment among the young, in particular. How typical though that we will fixate on problems internationally while we completely ignore the growing discontent of our own youth and working age adults.

H

Old 02-06-2011, 07:08 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,751,351 times
Quote:
I wonder if we are hoping to promote WAR with Israel and Egypt so that we can deploy our troops there in order to "help keep the peace and democracy" etc., etc., ad nauseum ad infinitum.

Sorry Antlered Chamataka, you will never convince me that all of this has not been 100 percent orchestrated to create an opportunity for us to assert greater control over Egypt. One day you hear Hillary Clinton "calling for" more protection for protesters and journalists, and THE VERY NEXT DAY, there are reports that armed soldiers are doing that very thing. Come on. It would take someone who is deaf, dumb and blind not to see what his happening.

20yrsinBranson
OMG you are saying that Egypt was orchestrated by the US government & that there is no convincing you otherwise. Oh & it gets better. You say it would take someone who is deaf, dumb & blind not to see that. OK. Good luck with that.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:38 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Where did you see this? The army was being neutral last I heard.
It was on the news on the radio. I can't tell you more than that. They said that the military was protecting protesters and journalists. I thought...well, that figures. It was, literally the DAY AFTER Hillary called for this to take place. Prior to that the protesters were being "endangered".

Maybe it was just a weird coincidence. Ya think?

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-06-2011, 08:39 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
And so begins yet another whack-a-loon conspiracy theory....
OMG.....we agree on something!....LOL..........geesh......to the OP....enough with the conspiracy theories........Egyptians do have minds of their own and the U.S.A does NOT control all world affairs...as you may have noticed. I think there is another question that begs to be asked here.....ROFLMFAO!!!!!.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:06 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
It was on the news on the radio. I can't tell you more than that. They said that the military was protecting protesters and journalists. I thought...well, that figures. It was, literally the DAY AFTER Hillary called for this to take place. Prior to that the protesters were being "endangered".

20yrsinBranson
Not that I think anything devious is beyond our government but I heard they were protecting protesters on either side.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:13 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:

20yrsinBranson
Logic insertion:

If the revolution in Egypt is being orchestrated by the United States, then it's being done from behind the scenes. And if it's being done from behind the scenes, and the United States is in control, then there would be no need for Secretary of State Clinton to call for the protection of protesters and journalists. The protection of protesters and journalists would be managed from behind the screen. Hence, the call for protesters and journalists to be protected actually contradicts your scenario of the United States "orchestrating" these protests. A scenario you actually have no facts to support.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:57 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Logic insertion:

If the revolution in Egypt is being orchestrated by the United States, then it's being done from behind the scenes. And if it's being done from behind the scenes, and the United States is in control, then there would be no need for Secretary of State Clinton to call for the protection of protesters and journalists. The protection of protesters and journalists would be managed from behind the screen. Hence, the call for protesters and journalists to be protected actually contradicts your scenario of the United States "orchestrating" these protests. A scenario you actually have no facts to support.
That logic insertion wasn't too logical. Don't you know that if you want to fool the people, you have to actually go through the motions like you are actually doing something you're not? See, this administration got it all wrong. When they do things that they are not supposed to be doing, they make it so obvious that they can't hide the fact that they are doing something not in the interests of the American people. If you were trying to fit your logic to what THIS administration is doing, then you may be right, but in reality you would need to put up a facade to reliably fool people.

Actually there ARE some facts to support that Americans are over there rabble rousing and have been for a few years. You need to research Wade Rathke, SEIU and Code Pink just to name a few and find out what they were all doing over in Cairo for the last few years.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:02 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
That logic insertion wasn't too logical. Don't you know that if you want to fool the people, you have to actually go through the motions like you are actually doing something you're not? See, this administration got it all wrong. When they do things that they are not supposed to be doing, they make it so obvious that they can't hide the fact that they are doing something not in the interests of the American people. If you were trying to fit your logic to what THIS administration is doing, then you may be right, but in reality you would need to put up a facade to reliably fool people.

Actually there ARE some facts to support that Americans are over there rabble rousing and have been for a few years. You need to research Wade Rathke, SEIU and Code Pink just to name a few and find out what they were all doing over in Cairo for the last few years.
Actually, the logic was quite logical. The rationalization you provided is the illogical part. It employs circular logic, and then founders in the miasma of its own bias. THIS administration....blah blah blah.

And again, you fail to provide FACTS to support your rabble-rousing assertions. And if they've been at it for YEARS, then that would mean that it wasn't really THIS administration that's responsible. So how many years has this been going on? And why????

I mean, if you can't provide any rationale for a conspiracy theory, then it's really not a good conspiracy theory. And that's the problem with a lot of the lunatic theories being posited these days. Conspiracies that cannot justify themselves are wastes of energy.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:06 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Actually, the logic was quite logical. The rationalization you provided is the illogical part. It employs circular logic, and then founders in the miasma of its own bias. THIS administration....blah blah blah.

And again, you fail to provide FACTS to support your rabble-rousing assertions. And if they've been at it for YEARS, then that would mean that it wasn't really THIS administration that's responsible. So how many years has this been going on? And why????

I mean, if you can't provide any rationale for a conspiracy theory, then it's really not a good conspiracy theory. And that's the problem with a lot of the lunatic theories being posited these days. Conspiracies that cannot justify themselves are wastes of energy.
Look it up, if you really want to know and don't look it up if you are afraid to know. It's your choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies