Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 04:00 PM

898 posts, read 827,922 times

Advertisements

stan, you have completely and totally missed the point of this topic.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:02 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
stan, you have completely and totally missed the point of this topic.
No, I haven't. The point is that Michelle Obama's little platform against childhood obesity seems counter to the menu she's serving at HER SUPERBOWL PARTY. So that (to some very simple-minded people) makes her seem hypocritical.

I'm saying these people are making all us conservatives look stupid with their lame-ass reaching - you do realize there is a time and a place for everything, right? No one can be this obtuse.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:03 PM

7,931 posts, read 9,156,295 times
Hey, where are the veggies on the menu? Did Michelle's never ending vegetable garden finally run dry? I swear, with all the media reports of so many groups getting food from it, that garden fed more people that Jesus and the loaves and fishes

Old 02-06-2011, 04:04 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Aw, let them eat what they want.

I'll eat my veggies....

The poor can just eat cake......

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
This is one of the dumbest threads ever.

Anyone who knows me on this forum knows I am against this administration and all their cronies.

But this is a party. This is a special occasion. The whole point of learning to eat right is what you do on a daily basis. Birthday cake is for your birthday, not for every day. Fair food is for the fair, not for every day. Fast food...well, I can't really think of much good for fast food, but you get my point - you eat well every day with good habits, fresh fruits and veggies, and once in a while, you can have a party and eat party food.

The problem with this country is that everyone wants to eat party food every day.

Do you get that?

Don't undermine your own credibility against Obamao and his minions by posting stupid stuff like this.
WOW words of wisdom from the right wing! +1

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
The same woman who said child nutrition couldn't be left to the parents.
Glass house indeed.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:05 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
the point of this thread is that zoomba is trying to make michelle obama look bad because she's serving pizza and beer during the super bowl....like a real boot strap pullin' american! right zubaz?

imagine the spin if they would have served sushi then they would have been unamerican elitist!

Old 02-06-2011, 04:06 PM

277 posts, read 166,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Yep, I have kids. I try to lead by example and when *I* have a "need some chocolate" moment, I don't do so in front of them. Why is that so difficult to comprehend?
You didn't even read my post, AT ALL. Go back, re read it & then get back to me. I specifically asked you if you let your kids eat unhealthy a few times a year.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by campfire View Post
Sounds good, especially the brats. I don't think you can get brats outside of Wisconsin so I hope they got the real deal.
You can get them here in CO. There are lots of midwesterners here. (I'm not one of them.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
Only took two responses for the obamacrats to defend the hypocrisy! Way to go!!

P.S. I'm not "celebrating" the Super Bowl. I couldn't care less. But it's a nice distraction from the real issues going on right now for the obama sheep.
Any real nutritionist (not the poseurs on CD) will tell you it is possible to work ANY food into a healthy diet.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:10 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
It goes way beyond that. Michelle with her platform regarding obesity.

She is out there proselytizing about healthy eating and then offering cheeseburgers, wings, hotdogs, deep dish pizza, potatoe salad, chips, beer, and ice cream on a menu.

Not even a healthy option for those who care about their arteries!

Boy, Obama should learn a lesson from fellow democratic McDonald's loving Bill Clinton and his cardiac bypass surgery. And Obama smokes too. He is getting the double-whammy artery clogging.
Well, my philosophy is that anyone over the age of 21 is entitled to eat whatever they want to without my having something to day about it. It's still a free country.

However, when you are a public figure who has gone on record trying to improve the quality of the diet of young people and fight obesity and improve the health of the nation by creating an awareness about the connection between health and food, then it is incumbent upon you to make a good example for those very people.

Otherwise you lose your credibility and become ineffective.

As for it being a "Superbowl" Party. All the more reason to set a good example. Because then you remove the excuse. If you start excusing bad behavior then there will always be a "reason" why it is ok to not follow your own advice and recommendations.

At the very least, they should have LIED to the press about what they were going to serve to make it look good. It's not like they are opposed to lying, from what I understand.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies