Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2011, 05:16 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,654,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
And what I find hilarious, is what you find as disproof for "global warming", I find as proof for "climate change", which is all what global warming really is. Name just got changed because political pundits kept twisting the "warming" part and took it literally.

Wow! Now I get it. So when people twist the word "warming" to mean "warming", then there is a need to change the name.

Too bad Al Gore didn't understand this back in 2006 when he showed all the disasters that WARMING will cause. He never told us about increased snow storms, and in fact there were statements about British kids never seeing snow again. He told us about a 20 foot rise in sea levels and used lots of other scare tactics.

Really now, you can't have it both ways.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 05:19 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,654,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I see nothing is clear for you, as I said do more reading. Heck I can find plenty in a single google search that describes how the two relate. FYI, 2010 was one of the warmest years on record.
Casper

Maybe Al Gore got it backwards. Maybe global warming is the CAUSE of increased CO2, not the the other way around.

Check this out if you really want to listen to another opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWRqQ...layer_embedded

Old 02-07-2011, 05:35 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,873,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Maybe Al Gore got it backwards. Maybe global warming is the CAUSE of increased CO2, not the the other way around.

Check this out if you really want to listen to another opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWRqQ...layer_embedded
Sorry Charlie but I am no fan of Gore and I have never said Global Warming is caused by mankind, not that we couldn't play a hand in it some.
Casper

Old 02-07-2011, 05:45 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,352,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Sorry Charlie but I am no fan of Gore and I have never said Global Warming is caused by mankind, not that we couldn't play a hand in it some.
Casper
Now I'm confused.......using GWS (global warming speak)......

Does this statement really mean you are a fan of Gore, you are saying man causes global warming, and we can play a hand in it a lot?

This is really getting BIZARRO like.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:02 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,668,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Right because in the 70s the "sceintist " were warning of global cooling.
Actually, they were correct because there were so many particles in the air from our industrial processes that were reflecting the sun. With advances in technology and regulation worldwide, the particles have decreased significantly but the CO2 has increased.

Those pesky scientists have an answer for everything if you just listen to them.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
You know you need cold air to make snow?
Have you never heard the phrase "too cold to snow"? It has nothing to do with warming or cooling - it's very commonly known.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:20 PM

29,972 posts, read 18,537,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Was this also predicted by the man-made global warming crowd?

Northern Mexico cold snap paralyzes Ciudad Juarez | Reuters

Record low temperatures hit the city, across from El Paso, Texas, from Tuesday, which is already suffering from some of the worst violence in Mexico's drug war, fluctuating between -0.4 and 10 degrees Fahrenheit (-18 and -10 degrees Celsius).

"There have been cold temperatures in the past, but nothing that has lasted for so many days. It's been 40 years since the city has seen an emergency like this," said Efren Matamoros, head of the city's civil protection service.

Units at 17 power stations -- with 6,792 megawatts of generating capacity -- in northern Mexico shut down due to the unusually cold weather, forcing the national electricity monopoly to ask factories to curb usage

Didn't you read the GW memos? Hot makes cold, black makes white, and night makes day.

Being a liberal must be like being stoned all the time. The last time I was stoned was when I was a teen, and I really cannot remember what feeling like a liberal was all about.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Didn't you read the GW memos? Hot makes cold, black makes white, and night makes day.

Being a liberal must be like being stoned all the time. The last time I was stoned was when I was a teen, and I really cannot remember what feeling like a liberal was all about.
Why do you equate this science with a political ideology? Of course there's questionable science in the mix, but the fact that we're warming is very settled science. It's just a question of how much and why at this point.

I really don't understand why it's so hard to understand that scientists have predicted for decades that a result of a warming planet would be more extreme temperature and weather extremes, not just a uniform warming. It seems like the minute a concept moves beyond the most basic level, it gets to be too much. I don't mean you personally - just generally referring to this mockery of the chaos scientists knew was coming.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:00 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,461,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Was this also predicted by the man-made global warming crowd?

Northern Mexico cold snap paralyzes Ciudad Juarez | Reuters

Record low temperatures hit the city, across from El Paso, Texas, from Tuesday, which is already suffering from some of the worst violence in Mexico's drug war, fluctuating between -0.4 and 10 degrees Fahrenheit (-18 and -10 degrees Celsius).

"There have been cold temperatures in the past, but nothing that has lasted for so many days. It's been 40 years since the city has seen an emergency like this," said Efren Matamoros, head of the city's civil protection service.

Units at 17 power stations -- with 6,792 megawatts of generating capacity -- in northern Mexico shut down due to the unusually cold weather, forcing the national electricity monopoly to ask factories to curb usage .
Actually YES! Have you ever read the actual scientific theory rather than a politicized Al Gore version?????. Doesn't say Winter's won't be harsher or Winter will go away!.

Global warming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-08-2011, 01:12 AM

14,903 posts, read 8,516,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Why do you equate this science with a political ideology? Of course there's questionable science in the mix, but the fact that we're warming is very settled science. It's just a question of how much and why at this point.

I really don't understand why it's so hard to understand that scientists have predicted for decades that a result of a warming planet would be more extreme temperature and weather extremes, not just a uniform warming. It seems like the minute a concept moves beyond the most basic level, it gets to be too much. I don't mean you personally - just generally referring to this mockery of the chaos scientists knew was coming.
If you are wondering why mockery comes into play ... it's because of the asinine claims and lack of fundamental common sense that has become the hallmark of the man made climate chaos "Cult". Far from being based on actual science, the AGW crowd relies on politics, pseudo scientific dogma, and a fundamental lack of intelligence or critical thought skills of their target audience.

This is why THEY pulled the old switcheroo from "Global Warming" to "Climate Change" ... that way, no matter what happens ... whether it gets scorching hot or bone chilling cold ... they can cry "Climate Change" either way ... though I'm not sure the switch was necessary ... as it seems that most of the "believers" are willing to believe Hot causes Cold, anyhow.

But the issues here are several fold .... firstly, CO2 has always followed a warming cycle historically for hundreds of thousands of years, a fact which defeats the fundamental basis of CO2 induced global warming right from the outset ... so why anyone would believe this makes NO SENSE at all. Secondly, "Climate" is measured over long durations of time .. hundreds and thousands of years, unlike "weather" which are patterns of much shorter cycles, that can and do fluctuate from year to year, season to season, and decade to decade. Consequently, what has been experienced over the past decade is not a measurement of climate anymore that a photograph of a Rose is a comprehensive picture of botany.

The fact is, ice core records show multiple periods in the earth's past history which were significantly warmer than it is today, therefore if what we see at the moment were indeed a change in climate, by definition, it would have to be "Global Cooling" ... not warming. This is the first and most elementary of points that shouldn't be so difficult for ANYONE to grasp. But "Global Warming" is a belief system (not an educated opinion) that has literally been installed in the minds of the masses like a computer program, through the constant repetition of lies, over and over, year after year. That's the bottom line here, and why basic fundamental common sense and facts have no effect on the Global Warming beliefs. Those who hold tightly to this global warming mythology are simply experiencing the well recognized psychological phenomenon of "the lie told often enough, eventually becomes the truth".

This explains why an otherwise intelligent person could believe such irrational, anti-intuitive nonsense that warming also causes cooling. Now, if I told you to put your ice cube trays in the oven, set the temp to 100 ... and expect to have ice cubes in a few hours ... you'd think I was crazy ... wouldn't you? Well this is precisely why we think you are crazy ... because that is precisely what you are trying to convince us is true ... just on a global scale, and based on irrational, albeit complex explanations.

Another of the big clues that this is nothing more than pseudo science fraud is the fact that the same thoughtful science that brought us man made CO2 caused "Global Warming" in the 1990's, is the same science that claimed man made CO2 was threatening to cause another "Ice Age", in the 1970's ... ironically predicting that Ice Age might be upon us by ... wait for it ... the 1990's. The reality is .... whatever changes or fluctuations that have occurred between the 1970's and today isn't a sufficient amount of time for "climate change" to even be considered an appropriate topic for debate. Climate is not measured in such short time spans!

Have weather patterns changed over the years and decades? Yes they have ... and they have always changed. This is why for almost 200 years, some people relied on the Farmer's Almanac to predict the next year's weather for planning and planting purposes. People have long understood the fact that there are ever changing, often unpredictable weather cycles ... though science has miserably failed to accomplish the feat of accurately predicting those short cycle weather patterns .... yet now they want us to believe that they've broken the code to predicting longer term climate? Fat chance!!!

People who recognize these issues, and for whatever reason seem to be immune to the mass media programming of global warming, find it very frustrating to try and reason with Global Warming fanatics ... and I'm sorry to inform you .. but that's just what it is ... fanaticism, absent of reason or rational thinking.

If these common sense points, and clear facts aren't enough for you ... one would at least expect some tiny display of skepticism based on the ABSOLUTE FACT that these global warming "scientists" were caught red handed, manipulating the data used to support their global warming science scam.

Frankly, I'm not sure what I'm more sick and tired of ... the constant barrage of lies themselves ... or the inexplicable numbers of people who believe these lies. I mean, what is it going to take for you people to get a CLUE ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies