Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 12:44 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,209,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I do not intend to bash anyone, but I don't think it is your place to to decide who says what. Now, go ahead and report me if you want.

Nita
Careful....carefull...don't want any underwear to get all bunched up. I agree, he pre-emptive whinning is a bit much. Oops!!!!!

Old 02-07-2011, 12:48 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I do not intend to bash anyone, but I don't think it is your place to to decide who says what. Now, go ahead and report me if you want.

Nita
Actually anyone that starts a thread has the right to expect the subject to be discussed and not highjacked by others and if they do feel it is being highjacked they have the right to ask the Mods to shut down the thread. I have lost cont of how many threads here that have been highjacked, I have jumped into a few threads where I had to go back to the original post to see what the subject was since the discussion was so far off topic, I assume you have had to do the same. Personally I think that if someone has an issue with a subject they should start their own thread so people can focus their full attention on that particular subject. Now back to the topic.
Casper

Old 02-07-2011, 12:58 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
NOTE: This thread is about Jane Harman QUITTING Congress. It's not an opportunity to BASH LIBERALS or BASH PRESIDENT OBAMA. I will report every post that isn't on topic and, if necessary, I will ask the moderators to close this thread if we can't stay on topic.
You just killed the chubbies in their pants of the right salivating at the mouth ready to hijack this thread and make it into another "bash the left" moment

Though I agree with you I don't think anyone should step down from elected office unless their was a major reason to do so like Nixon. Hopefully this does not become a trend.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:24 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
You just killed the chubbies in their pants of the right salivating at the mouth ready to hijack this thread and make it into another "bash the left" moment

Though I agree with you I don't think anyone should step down from elected office unless their was a major reason to do so like Nixon. Hopefully this does not become a trend.
So, she quit because she didn't get her way?

What a whiney leftist liberal social democrat quitter......

Go ahead, I'm standing next to nmnita

Old 02-07-2011, 03:28 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quitting for a better job? She should personally refund any earnings she's made from the public coffiers since her most recent election and reimburse her district for the costs of the election.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:35 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Quitting for a better job? She should personally refund any earnings she's made from the public coffiers since her most recent election and reimburse her district for the costs of the election.
Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. But if you read the thread you know most here actually agree that her quiting was the wrong thing to do, as with any politician that gets elected and quits to go off and make big bucks.
Casper

Old 02-07-2011, 03:40 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,209,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
That would be the honorable thing to do, so you know it won't even occur to her.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:52 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,214 times
Quote:

I think I'd put Janice Hahn up there on Port Authority issues. I hope she runs. I'd support her whole-heartedly. . .
Quote:

There are a lot of names being tossed around right now.

. . . Janice Hahn is a distinct possibility. . . .
Well that didn't take long. Janice Hahn has officially thrown her hat in the ring.

Janice Hahn to Run for Congress

Old 02-07-2011, 04:24 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
It was the Chairwoman of the House Intelligence Committee job that she wanted, which Speaker Pelosi kept her from.
Looks like she is a sore looser to me.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:27 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
So, she quit because she didn't get her way?

What a whiney leftist liberal social democrat quitter......

Go ahead, I'm standing next to nmnita
Apparently I left out money grubbing.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies