Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2011, 12:26 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
15% of high school science teachers explicitly endorse creationism while 60% of teachers are to scared to stake a claim on the hard science.

Public indoctrination at it's finest?

Old 02-08-2011, 12:26 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Adaptation comes before evolution. Something must adapt before it evolves so it knows what to evolve to. While adaptation or mutation is the first step in evolution, it is not evolution itself. It is a two step process.
What you said makes no sense at all. The adaption IS evolutionl. The act of changing to better survive IS evolution.

BTW, it is not a willfull or deliberate effort, it is brought about by natural forces acting on a population. In a world where vision is critical. poor eyesight is a fatal condition, but in a world with no light (like inside a cave) vision is irrelevant, but hearing is everything.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:27 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,871,484 times
I've wondered why america is so religious when europe and the developed parts of asia are secular, especialy as we have much the same standard of living. Thanks.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:33 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
So you want to get technical to try and stump me? Ok, Mutation is the precursor to adaptation.
Ta-daaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

The boy can be taught!!!!

Just a few posts ago you were claiming that "adaptation and mutation are the same thing."

Thanks for catching up on this basic point. Can you keep it up? Let's see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD
If you want to get technical like you are, then it is a 3 step process, but mutation and adaptation have a symbiotic relationship, it can be counted as one step for simplification.
Oh... damn! And you were doing so well!!!

When mutation and adaptation are "counted as one step for simplification," do you know what you've just described?

Evolution!

Old 02-08-2011, 12:33 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,372 times
Something I always loved about the SomethingAwful forums was that when somebody was particularly annoying, you could buy an avatar for them. I've been here just a few days and already I'd be willing to put down $5 for an avatar for SourD of a map of Europe with a caption that says "Name one country that seperates [sic] Switzerland from Sweden!" in big red letters.

I'm not sure if this guy is a troll or just that dumb!

Old 02-08-2011, 12:34 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
I've wondered why america is so religious when europe and the developed parts of asia are secular, especialy as we have much the same standard of living. Thanks.
My European friends at CERN call the US "Tehran West."

Old 02-08-2011, 12:35 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,016,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
No, it's in DIRECT CONFLICT with it. Modern biology still teaches that genetic code determines outcome ... while evolution also relies on this concept to support the theory of genetic mutation coupled with natural selection that produces the vast array of different outcomes that is the fundamental principle of evolution that created the vast array of species we see today, all originating from one source.

However, if DNA code does not itself determine outcome, as the experiments showed (and you have not refuted) ... then basic human biology as is still taught is totally wrong, as is the theory of evolution which relies on that faulty premise. This is pretty simple ... even you should be able to grasp this, but apparently you don't, or you just love being wrong. And if you do indeed love being wrong ... you've got to be one of the happiest people on earth today But I digress .....

In other experiments along the same lines ... a laser beam was passed through an embryo of a salamander ... then redirected and passed through the embryo of a frog. The results were a spontaneous recoding of the DNA of the frog embryo, transforming the frog into a salamander.

Now, please do point out to us the mechanisms of modern biology that would explain this result ... won't you? No you won't ... because you can't. Likewise, you cannot reconcile "evolution theory" requiring eons of time for slow genetic mutation, with the demonstrated ability to use photons to instantly rewrite DNA code, converting one species of life to an entire different species.

I'm not even sure you understand the concepts or the question here, so let me simplify it.

This experiment shows that DNA can receive "transmissions" and that those transmissions can literally download DNA with new information, creating an entirely different species ... consequently, what is being taught about genetics is simply not at all true.

And if a laser can be used to capture DNA code, and then transmit that new DNA code, rewriting existing code ... what else can? Sunlight? Moonlight? Cosmic rays? Solar radiation? And where could this new DNA code originate from? From the atmosphere? From different parts of the galaxy, riding on a wave of photons or cosmic rays?

What is clear is that none of this fits any mainstream version of biology, or how DNA is said to function.
DNA is a very long and tightly packed molecule. Consider an alphabet of just 4 letters but with many 'sentences' linked together, but where just one change may change a protein that is the basis of the cells that form your neurons during the RNA transcription. Replication, translation and transcription and regulation produce random variations ('mutations')

A unique mutation is created. If it is fit to the current environment, it's a successful adaptation, else it is discarded evolutionary speaking.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:36 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
We don't argue about evolution, everyone here regards it as fact. Oh right this thread is about americans, i get it now.... ;-)

Even though it's founder didn't really know for sure??? Wow.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:38 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
My European friends at CERN call the US "Tehran West."
I would give us that much credit, I would suggest Kandahar East.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:39 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,849,518 times
Don't change your mind on Judgment Day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies