Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 04:40 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,184,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
GLenin Beck just said he is going to show us something that will blow our minds, well geez
he does that every day doesn't he? Tune in to see what it is today LOLOLOL!
It does my heart good to see that you are watching Beck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 05:03 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,244,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
It does my heart good to see that you are watching Beck.
Sort of a pattern with progressives.

Sarah Palin: MSNBC's Obsession With Her - The Hollywood Reporter

Old 02-08-2011, 05:14 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,791,969 times
Glenn Beck crossed many lines over and over and over... so have liberals... so what is your point?

Old 02-08-2011, 06:30 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,184,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Yes, they must watch a lot by the amount of complaining they do.

I watch CNN and get the news...

I watch FOX and get opinions of the news...

I watch MSNBC and I get what they think is wrong with the other networks, especially FOX...

I have been watching CNN more lately.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:07 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,090,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
William Kristol, while a prominent Neoconservative, isn't entirely "reasonable". Considering he was quite possibly one of the biggest cheerleaders for the invasion of Iraq and used his influence with the Weekly Standard and his contributions to the NY Times and Washington Post to inject a pro-war, pro-interventionist position every chance he got.

Then again, most Republicans today are cut from this same cloth and usually just casually dismiss his statement at the 2004 DNC rally.

"It is time Neoconservatives embrace their liberal roots" - William Kristol live

(granted his notion of liberal is more Trotskyist, so I wouldn't confuse him with a traditional liberal either)
"reasonable conservative" was a quote from the piece in the link in Post #1. I was quoting what was written in the link. Not my opinion.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Glenn Beck crossed many lines over and over and over... so have liberals... so what is your point?
You may have to read the info in the link in Post #1 to understand the point.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:23 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,163,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
"reasonable conservative" was a quote from the piece in the link in Post #1. I was quoting what was written in the link. Not my opinion.
I don't mean to imply that you are suggesting it. However the article cited assumes that William Kristol is, and I disagree with this premise considering that William Kristol is a signatory of the Project for a New American Century (PNAC) The reason I find this "unreasonable" is simply due to the following premise as quoted from the opening paragraph of their mission statement.

Quote:
The Project for the New American Century is a non-profit educational organization dedicated to a few fundamental propositions: that American leadership is good both for America and for the world; and that such leadership requires military strength, diplomatic energy and commitment to moral principle.
The Neoconservatives are an ideologically based group who believe that American militarism is the honed edge of American foreign policy and that through military means, America should assert itself and dominate the globe. This is not far removed from the ambitions and desires of histories worst nightmares, and sadly, this view persist.

Nothing can be more clear and the fact that military means came before things like diplomacy and moral principle is not a mistake, and in the case of the latter, about as far remove from their goal as one can get.

How does one find a person "reasonable" that asserts their country should assume leadership of the world? Do you find this reasonable?

Old 02-08-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
I don't mean to imply that you are suggesting it. However the article cited assumes that William Kristol is, and I disagree with this premise considering that William Kristol is a signatory of the Project for a New American Century (PNAC) The reason I find this "unreasonable" is simply due to the following premise as quoted from the opening paragraph of their mission statement.

The Neoconservatives are an ideologically based group who believe that American militarism is the honed edge of American foreign policy and that through military means, America should assert itself and dominate the globe. This is not far removed from the ambitions and desires of histories worst nightmares, and sadly, this view persist.

Nothing can be more clear and the fact that military means came before things like diplomacy and moral principle is not a mistake, and in the case of the latter, about as far remove from their goal as one can get.

How does one find a person "reasonable" that asserts their country should assume leadership of the world? Do you find this reasonable?
No, I do not find it "reasonable." I am very anti-war in fact.

Actually, I am a bit surprised that this thread took the direction of who/what is a conservative etc. I thought it was about Glenn Beck going off the farm, so to speak, even more than usual.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:37 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,272,960 times
Quote:
The use of logic, reason, and critically accurate historical fact?
Yep, at this point that's the only thing that could shock me.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:04 AM

46,864 posts, read 25,824,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
We need to be afraid!
Sometimes we need to be slapped! Wake the freak up!!
Once, there was a great country whose leader said that the only thing to fear was fear itself. But that was many years ago, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies