Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 01:21 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Not all people gain weight because not all people take up eating instead of smoking. Some people do healthier things when they have the urge to smoke. So when did you quit smoking?

This is very true. I quit my pack a day habit in my 20's and was thinner than Obama - I sweated out the cravings with strenuous cardio, sometimes three or four times a day. I haven't had a cigarette in almost 30 years, but the exercise habit has stuck. Maybe he shoots hoops when he has the urge to light up? Anyway, best of luck to him - the first year is the hardest. I knew someone who kicked the habit for a whole year, and her husband threw a huge catered celebration for her - she started smoking again two weeks later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 01:38 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
I wouldn't trust either one of the scumbag radicals. He hasn't told the truth since he has been in office.
Then you probably shouldn't waste your time asking the question.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:21 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
Michelle is wrong, it may not be traditional tobacco, but the President has to have been smoking something to be leading so poorly.
Something other than tobaccy is making the President wacky IMO.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:41 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
kicking the addiction is hard enough for a person who has no stress in his life let alone the POTUS. nine months with out a cig. is indeed a good thing. many people quit for years and still find themselves smoking one day, which will tell you how deeply rooted the addiction is. I will wish the pres. continued success on his road to kicking the addiction. it is an extremely hard thing to accomplish. congrats to you obama, I am glad your wife supports you in your efforts.

That's why I don't believe her. And since the press is his guard dog, they will never snap any pics of him.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
This is very true. I quit my pack a day habit in my 20's and was thinner than Obama - I sweated out the cravings with strenuous cardio, sometimes three or four times a day. I haven't had a cigarette in almost 30 years, but the exercise habit has stuck. Maybe he shoots hoops when he has the urge to light up? Anyway, best of luck to him - the first year is the hardest. I knew someone who kicked the habit for a whole year, and her husband threw a huge catered celebration for her - she started smoking again two weeks later.
I will jump in here: no, not everyone gains weight, I didn't. thank God, all I need is one lb more. My daughter, who is very small did gain and I mean gain. Did she eat more? Not really but her doctor explained and I have heard this before, stoppin smoking can affect your matabalism. I will add she lives in Florida, is an outdoor person, is on the treadmill daily and exercises contantly.

Nita

Old 02-09-2011, 06:45 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,529,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Michelle said Obozo hasn't smoked in a year.

Do you believe her? Do you believe him?

I wouldn't trust either one of the scumbag radicals. He hasn't told the truth since he has been in office.
No. I don't because I believe last year around June it was reported by the White HOuse physician that he was, "actively working on smoking cessation."
So I would say Ms Obama is not exactly being honest.

"But some Americans are concerned by the doctor's recommendation that he "continue smoking cessation efforts" — evidence that the president still hasn't kicked his decades-old cigarette habit. (Watch a CBS report about"
I believe this was March 2010. He was still working on stopping-

Old 02-09-2011, 08:55 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,422,758 times
This is all incredibly childish. If you disagree with Obama's policies, fine. But jumping on this is just piling on. You can try to make it about "lying" but it's obvious some of you just want to believe he's lying. I don't assume Bush is lying when he said he quit drinking decades ago. I say congratiulations to him. He wasn't exactly my favorite president, but what does one thing have to do with the other?

Old 02-09-2011, 09:00 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Who is this Obozo you speak of?
Casper
Obozo? Wasn't that Bebe Obozo, scumbag Tricky Dicky Nixon's good buddy?

Old 02-09-2011, 09:01 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So the prez does something good with his health and his wife shows how proud she is of him and all the right can do is slam him and his wife.
Slamming the good or the bad seems the only ability the right has anymore.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:06 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
What hasn't he smoked?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies