Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 11:26 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,915,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I dont believe any of that garbage either,my you are easily led around.most of the obese folks I know spend nothing on health care let alone 1500 more. more than what? you live near luv canal? you need to move to a more healthy climate my friend
I wasnt going to dignify this with a reply, but.......
Just because you choose not to believe it, doesnt mean its not true.
And you know how much the obese people in your area spend on health care because why?
I'm throwing the BS flag on this one.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:33 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,076,521 times
Quote:
I dont believe any of that garbage either,my you are easily led around.most of the obese folks I know spend nothing on health care let alone 1500 more. more than what? you live near luv canal? you need to move to a more healthy climate my friend
Ok. Feel free not to believe statistics. But doesn't it make intuitive, "common" sense that, on average, fat people spend more on medical treatments than not fat people? Why does $4900 vs $3400 seem like unbelievable "garbage" to you?

And as to me and my health climate, I live in Colorado - the healthiest state in the nation when it comes to obesity and obesity related diseases. I'm very healthy as are most of my friends. I've been a competitive runner and swimmer most of my life (I run a mile in the 4 minute 30 second range).

Old 02-08-2011, 11:36 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,870,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
And as to me and my health climate, I live in Colorado - the healthiest state in the nation when it comes to obesity and obesity related diseases. I'm very healthy as are most of my friends. I've been a competitive runner and swimmer most of my life (I run a mile in the 4 minute 30 second range).
Don't die on us. Healthy athletes die at the drop of a hat too from heart attacks that most of us think only effect the "fatties"

Old 02-08-2011, 11:37 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,010,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I wasnt going to dignify this with a reply, but.......
Just because you choose not to believe it, doesnt mean its not true.
And you know how much the obese people in your area spend on health care because why?
I'm throwing the BS flag on this one.
because I live with them day in and day out,we all know each other and each others business so pick up your flag and go try to be dignified. real life trumps stupid studies only aimed at getting the next gov grant

Old 02-08-2011, 11:41 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,258,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This sounds like a typical Fox Noise talking point!
Exactly, I'm a Republican and a Conservative and this sounds like more extreme Right Wing noise. Seriously, some people have nothing better to do than b$#$# about this?

I'm embarrassed by some of the morons in my party. We have so many idiots who waste time complaining about birthing issues and things like this. Trust me Obama and the Dems have enough relevant material to criticize, let's not start critiquing Superbowl menus, what's next, are we going to scrutinize the White House Christmas lighting?

Old 02-08-2011, 11:45 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,870,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Exactly, I'm a Republican and a Conservative and this sounds like more extreme Right Wing noise. Seriously, some people have nothing better to do than b$#$# about this?

I'm embarrassed by some of the morons in my party. We have so many idiots who waste time complaining about birthing issues and things like this. Trust me Obama and the Dems have enough relevant material to criticize, let's not start critiquing Superbowl menus, what's next, are we going to scrutinize the White House Christmas lighting?
We are just pointing out the fact that liberals live by a "do as I say, not as I do" mantra.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:45 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,076,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Don't die on us. Healthy athletes die at the drop of a hat too from heart attacks that most of us think only effect the "fatties"
Certainly true, but, ON AVERAGE, we cost the US healhcare system about $1,500 less per person per year than fatties.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:47 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,258,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Uh nice try but those "heart attacks" they are dying from are congenital defects (ie defects they are BORN with) known as hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy and no, they are not common. Far more "fatties" die from MI's than healthy athletes so don't try to make a point about something you know little about.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:48 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,010,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Ok. Feel free not to believe statistics. But doesn't it make intuitive, "common" sense that, on average, fat people spend more on medical treatments than not fat people? Why does $4900 vs $3400 seem like unbelievable "garbage" to you?

well good for you.I live in Colorado and run a 4 minute mile and smoke a pack of homegrown baccy a day and pushing 60 weigh 155. me and my fat friends dont really use much healthcare down here cause we cant afford it yet seems that makes us not need it much,go figure

Old 02-08-2011, 11:50 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,915,433 times
Quote:
because I live with them day in and day out,we all know each other and each others business so pick up your flag and go try to be dignified. real life trumps stupid studies only aimed at getting the next gov grant
You dont even know what you dont know.
Dignified?
Thanks for the ad hominem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.