Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 06:04 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,041,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Come what may, Nixon was by far the best environmental president we ever had. We have him to thank for creating the EPA.
And Section 8 housing.

Thanks Dick!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 06:10 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
Do you have one iota of proof for the above statements about Obama and the "lefties"?

Let's just wait and see if Beck is still preaching on Fox next year this time. His conspiracy theories are getting old.
What conspiracy theories? I havn't heard one conspiracy theory out of Beck's mouth. But he has played a lot of videos of these nut jobs in their own words, and as far as what is happening lately in Egypt and the Middle East, I have read exactly what Glenn has been talking about elswhere.

This isn't a fight for Democracy. This is a fight for Islam and Sharia law, and it is being instigated by the terrorist organization, The Muslim Brotherhood... which, incidentally, Obama says he supports!!!

This is great, isn't it? Our Prisident throws his support behind our enemies! In my book that's treason! The guy should be charged and tried, convicted and removed from office.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Nice try.

Politifact is a left wing organization.

They don't give pulitzers to centrists or, God forbid, conservative publications.

Just look at their take on obama.

Enough said.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:14 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Beck puts himself out there for scrutiny! You may not like him. But his honesty comes through. Remeber the red phone?? The white House never called.
So true. And I heard people like Anita Dunn, with my own ears! The woman that says Mao is one of the ones she turns to most! Give me a break!

Old 02-09-2011, 06:15 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Not who do you like more, who is proven to be more honest.

Glenn Beck hands down.

I could post dozens of cases about obama's lies.

I couldn't find any Beck lies.

I tried.
Hahah. Wow. The blinders are firmly in place for this one. Unbelievable. Seriously. I watch Beck for 5 minutes and see so many distortions of truth and half-truths that it's quite evident he will have much to account for if he ever encounters judgment day.

Wow. Seriously. Everytime I watch him for 5 minutes.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRothschild View Post
Beck, hands down.

But it's not exactly a fair comparison, is it. One is pandering for votes, and has to promise things he can't deliver, in order to achieve his goal. Obama makes all kinds of false promises - but so does every other national politician.

It's funny how short the American memory is, though. I remember Obama's promises to pull out of Iraq in 6 months (changed to 18 months after election, lol), unemployment below 8% by 2010 - and you never see these bs promises mentioned in the press.

It's like we barely remember what he said last week, let alone last year. Average American voters = idiots with a short memory, unfortunately. No accountability for our leaders.
I don't think those are lies. Those are the reality of governing a massive, powerful nation and government is all about compromise. Many Republicans, for example, promised they would repeal Health Care and they have not. They lied too, by your assessment.

Obama changed the pullout date after sitting down and talking with military leaders to determine what made the most sense for them. I'm okay with that.

Nobody realized at the time just how bad the economy was that he adopted. I agree that he shouldn't have put a cap on the unemployment prediction, and he should be called out on that, but I don't think you can chalk it up to a lie.

Anyway - it's always easier to hold a sign or host a radio show and yell about what you would do in an ideal scenario. It's a whole other thing to actually govern. I respect Obama for being flexible for the best long-term interests. Our last president did not possess this quality and we have all paid that price.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Glenn Beck is a suspect in a 1990 child murder case as far as I know so I'd go with Obama.
That should not even be joked about.

No matter who it is.

You know that that is a falsely disgusting made up claim by some sick left wing bloggers who's only point is that if you repeat a lie enough, it will stick.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What conspiracy theories? I havn't heard one conspiracy theory out of Beck's mouth. But he has played a lot of videos of these nut jobs in their own words, and as far as what is happening lately in Egypt and the Middle East, I have read exactly what Glenn has been talking about elswhere.

This isn't a fight for Democracy. This is a fight for Islam and Sharia law, and it is being instigated by the terrorist organization, The Muslim Brotherhood... which, incidentally, Obama says he supports!!!

This is great, isn't it? Our Prisident throws his support behind our enemies! In my book that's treason! The guy should be charged and tried, convicted and removed from office.
No, what Beck does is play selections of videos, then cuts back to himself to provide an absurdly skewed and false interpretation in order to sell his agenda. I call that lying, but perhaps others don't. Just look at the hit job he did on Van Jones. Beck's behavior was borderline criminal for twisting a guy who wanted to use the free market to create green jobs in impoverished communities.

How horrible.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Deffinitely Beck. Hands down. I read in other places the same things Beck is saying. He does his research well. Contrary to what the libs are saying, he doesn't make stuff up.

He has always been 'spot on' in his reporting about who Obama and his "czars" are, as well. Easy to check all that stuff out.
That's why they released two of them in the dark of night on weekends.

The truth cannot be broken.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:25 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Nice try.

Politifact is a left wing organization.

They don't give pulitzers to centrists or, God forbid, conservative publications.

Just look at their take on obama.

Enough said.
Politifact is not an organization, and it is recognized on both left and right for nonpartisanship. You can see many examples of calling out Democrats and progressives there, including Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies