Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 07:49 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,929,154 times

Advertisements

Ron and Rand Paul talk a good game but "what have they done for me lately" as Janet Jackson The Queen of Hip Hop would put it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Perhaps because there are so few people in our government willing to make the connection between the cost of our invasions and occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan and our economics at home.

I don't recall who once said (not Ron Paul) something to the effect of, "No nation is so wealthy it can afford a civilization and a perpetual state of war". This issue of the cost of our American Empire isn't even considered by many, but it should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 07:53 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Ron Paul is older than dirt and even less relevant than dirt. He talks like a wishy-washy effeminate swish man but claims to be straight: Rand Paul is even worse, he acts very effeminate and swish for a straight man and then claims all over national TV that private businesses should discriminate against minorities because the constitution says it's okay.
Rand Paul never said any such thing. I would like to see the quote of his in the context you are stating.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:55 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,237 times
Quote:
Ron and Rand Paul talk a good game but "what have they done for me lately" as Janet Jackson The Queen of Hip Hop would put it.
When Janet Jackson becomes a Congress woman or a US Senator, I'll give two flips what passes through her lips. But hey, why not interject hip hop pop stars into politics, after all, its about the personalities anymore, right.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:56 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTrashed View Post
This really shows your own ignorance on the subject of economics. Even a Keynesian or Marxian economist would recognize that Ron Paul has a very strong position on economics.

I strongly suggest you inform yourself about Austrian economics and especially theory of subjective value, or you will be doomed to remain, as mentioned above, a corporate shill forever
Swing in a miss as far a being a corprorate shill.

Thanks for sharing.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:57 PM

No problem. See if you can sift through this thick smokescreen of obfuscation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3O2rBz9gwo

Quote:
Rand Paul never said any such thing. I would like to see the quote of his in the context you are stating.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:58 PM

Janet has done more for us than any politician.

Quote:
When Janet Jackson becomes a Congress woman or a US Senator, I'll give two flips what passes through her lips. But hey, why not interject hip hop pop stars into politics, after all, its about the personalities anymore, right.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:09 PM

Is it just me or does Rand Paul look like a cute cherub? LOL!!!!!

Old 02-09-2011, 08:12 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
No problem. See if you can sift through this thick smokescreen of obfuscation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3O2rBz9gwo

I never heard him say ""private businesses should discriminate against minorities""

Old 02-09-2011, 08:15 PM

Are you not familiar with obfuscation?

Anti-Discrimination policy is not about restricting free speech: it's about exploiting a power imbalance between the world of commerce and the individual who can easily fall under the iron fist of oppression and subjugation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I never heard him say ""private businesses should discriminate against minorities""

Old 02-09-2011, 08:17 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,008,863 times
Quote:
Ron Paul is older than dirt and even less relevant than dirt. He talks like a wishy-washy effeminate swish man but claims to be straight: Rand Paul is even worse, he acts very effeminate and swish for a straight man and then claims all over national TV that private businesses should discriminate against minorities because the constitution says it's okay.
I have to give you credit for proving me to be an overly hopeful fool.

I temporarily removed you from my ignore list thinking I had been too harsh in judging the worth of many of your previous posts.

You've shown me the error of my ways. You have often bemoaned the unfairness of what you perceive as racism yet you seem fine with casting aspersions based on your twisted perceptions of sexual identity. I have no use for hypocrites.

Bye bye.

Last edited by outbacknv; 02-09-2011 at 08:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies