U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-09-2011, 12:09 PM
 
5,335 posts, read 5,799,069 times
Reputation: 6048

Advertisements

"We're not talking about illegal immigrants here. We're talking about cartels that have nearly toppled the Mexican Government think they can come here to our country and commit these crimes and these acts of violence and we're saying absolutely not. This is not gonna happen here,"

Pinal Sheriff Prepares For Cartel Border War - Phoenix News Story - KPHO Phoenix
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-09-2011, 12:18 PM
 
Location: The D-M-V area
13,690 posts, read 17,076,998 times
Reputation: 9561
It is fascinating to me that the Federal Government knows about these cartels in the desert because they have ERECTED SIGNS for campers and hikers to AVOID certain areas of the desert BECAUSE OF DRUG SMUGGLERS!

And the Feds do NOTHING! Except give lip service!

It's coming down to life and death out there and to avoid looking like "racists who erect walls against the poor lowly immigrant" WE DO NOTHING!

It's going to take the National Guard on OUR BORDER to handle this all consuming mess!

I pray for the next officer murdered out there protecting our country. Because there will unfortunately be more murders of our agents.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2011, 12:37 PM
 
5,335 posts, read 5,799,069 times
Reputation: 6048
Janet Napolitano's Department MUST be accountable
for their investigation of the MURDERS of, Rancher
Rob Krentz & Border Agent Brian Terry !

What ever could they be doing to drag this out so long

Funny how her own site does not mention much about
the deaths of the above mentioned or illegal alien's

Janet Napolitano

American citizens are conditioned to believe the government or be considered possible terrorists.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2011, 12:45 PM
 
Location: The D-M-V area
13,690 posts, read 17,076,998 times
Reputation: 9561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Janet Napolitano's Department MUST be accountable
for their investigation of the MURDERS of, Rancher
Rob Krentz & Border Agent Brian Terry !

What ever could they be doing to drag this out so long

Funny how her own site does not mention much about
the deaths of the above mentioned or illegal alien's

Janet Napolitano

American citizens are conditioned to believe the government or be considered possible terrorists.
Homeland security is a JOKE.

All it's going to take is ONE terrorist attack inside this country to show the nation what kind of incompetence runs that department.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2011, 12:48 PM
 
5,335 posts, read 5,799,069 times
Reputation: 6048
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Homeland security is a JOKE.

All it's going to take is ONE terrorist attack inside this country to show the nation what kind of incompetence runs that department.
Funny that you stated that

The terrorist threat to the U.S. homeland has continued to "evolve" and may now "be at its most heightened state" since the September 11, 2001, terror attacks, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told members of Congress on Wednesday.

Napolitano: Nation's terror threat may be highest since 9/11 - CNN.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2011, 01:13 PM
 
Location: The D-M-V area
13,690 posts, read 17,076,998 times
Reputation: 9561
I think we need a military general running Homeland Security.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2011, 08:56 PM
 
29,984 posts, read 40,471,758 times
Reputation: 12800
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I think we need a military general running Homeland Security.
You'd think that Obama, being the member of the Harvard intellegentsia that he is, would have recognized that fact when making his appointments.


Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2011, 09:05 PM
 
Location: Texas
5,872 posts, read 7,525,200 times
Reputation: 2967
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
It is fascinating to me that the Federal Government knows about these cartels in the desert because they have ERECTED SIGNS for campers and hikers to AVOID certain areas of the desert BECAUSE OF DRUG SMUGGLERS!

And the Feds do NOTHING! Except give lip service!

It's coming down to life and death out there and to avoid looking like "racists who erect walls against the poor lowly immigrant" WE DO NOTHING!

It's going to take the National Guard on OUR BORDER to handle this all consuming mess!

I pray for the next officer murdered out there protecting our country. Because there will unfortunately be more murders of our agents.

I think it has less to do w/ the worry about being perceived as racists, but more along the lines of the money that will be lost.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2011, 12:13 AM
 
1,891 posts, read 2,470,634 times
Reputation: 913
Sounds like it's time to bring some M1 Abrams and .50cal machine guns. Go big or go home.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2011, 02:21 AM
 
1,150 posts, read 1,091,412 times
Reputation: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I think we need a military general running Homeland Security.
I'd like to see Sheriff Arpaio as head of Homeland Security. I'd like to see him create tent city jails to incarcerate illegal alien felons too. If they're good enougth for citizen prisoners, they're good enough for illegal aliens.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:57 PM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top